Options

Vienna 2014 - who is coming?

ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
edited January 2014 in The Porch
Believe it or not...I'm dreaming of Pearl Jam returning to Vienna since this summer and i always had this feeling that it might happen. Don't know why, somehow i knew that they will come! :D

However, I'm really curious how many of you are planning to come to Vienna next year. I know the Berlin show is on the next day and that there's no time for sightseeing. Nevertheless I really hope that many of you travel to take a short look at the city i love so much!

I will gladly help with information if needed.
See you next year!
up here in my tree in Vienna
2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
EV London/Hammersmith 2012
EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    hey!
    i entered the lottery for the Vienna show. I will be there no matter what!:)
    see you there!
    m.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    I will be there if I can get tickets! I hear it's a beautiful place. I will probably head there a couple of days before the show for sight-seeing.

What is the venue like?
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Well, congratulations.

I am definitely planning to come to Vienna show. I will be traveling with my wife and baby. My wife has been there a few years before and she's talking about this Sky bar, we'll see how it will be with the baby. :)

I've also been in Vienna for a day only and hardly remember. I think I am also motivated by Wienerschnitzel and Apfelstrudel. :D

The downside is Berlin show being just the next day. We'll be renting a car and it is a long road. Especially since we don't wanna drive through Czech Republic.

Hope to see you there. Good luck with the tickets.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    jumbojet wrote:

Especially since we don't wanna drive through Czech Republic.

why?
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    TO42596TO42596 The Netherlands Posts: 141
    I'm entering for Amsterdam, Vienna & Berlin, so hopefully I will win! I actually already booked a flight from Vienna to Berlin on the 26th of June today!! So I'll be going anyway! What is the capacity of the venue?
    2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    ahem...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Bigda wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:

why?

I've read that there are no tolls in highways (autobahn) in Czech Republic, where you can stop and pay on your way. You're supposed to buy a sticker and stick it to your car. I don't know how I can deal with it.

• Options
    I will be there if I can get tickets! I hear it's a beautiful place. I will probably head there a couple of days before the show for sight-seeing.

What is the venue like?

capacity is about 15.000 - 16.000
    There are several sport events like the biggest Austrian tennis tournament, indoor soccer and many shows and rock concerts.
    you can check several photos here:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sta ... &FORM=IGRE
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    ahem...

I know who you are... :lol:
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    Bigda wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:

why?

I've read that there are no tolls in highways (autobahn) in Czech Republic, where you can stop and pay on your way. You're supposed to buy a sticker and stick it to your car. I don't know how I can deal with it.

you just buy it on the first gas station or special vending booth at the first resting area after the border. simple like that and the country is great.
  • Options
    Bigda wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:

you just buy it on the first gas station or special vending booth at the first resting area after the border. simple like that and the country is great.

Thank you. That would simplify things a lot. Thanks for your help. And yes, we wanna see the country. 8-)

• Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    Bigda wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:

Thank you. That would simplify things a lot. Thanks for your help. And yes, we wanna see the country. 8-)

no problem. Czech Republic is a great place to visit, not only to have a beer or twelve..:)
    i am sure you will enjoy it. and dont worry about this sticker, it is really easy to get.

have fun!
  • Options
    I would just love to come and spend a few days in Austria but I don't think I'll have the means to do so this time around :(
  • Options
    Bigda wrote:
    no problem. Czech Republic is a great place to visit, not only to have a beer or twelve..:)
    i am sure you will enjoy it. and dont worry about this sticker, it is really easy to get.

have fun!

Oh, I don't know about that. Looks like we'll be driving fast to catch the Berlin show. If only there was a free day in between Vienna and Berlin shows.

Maybe you have a solution to that as well. :D

And you're right, you can never have enough of Czech beer. 8-)

• Options
    I will be there!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    Bigda wrote:

have fun!

Oh, I don't know about that. Looks like we'll be driving fast to catch the Berlin show. If only there was a free day in between Vienna and Berlin shows.

Maybe you have a solution to that as well. :D

And you're right, you can never have enough of Czech beer. 8-)

the ride shouldnt be longer than 6,5 hrs (no stops counted in), so no worries. and no, i dont have a solution to that, no matter how hard i try i still cant curve time:) but maybe i will just call Eddie and talk him into it. let me try:)
  • Options
    I will be there for sure... it is only 60km from my hometown!
    But I am sooo disappointed about no free day between Vienna and Berlin... I love Wuhlheide but cannot immagine how to manage to be there on time (because of my personal reasons).. so no Berlin for me this tour :cry:
    So I hope austrians will try to really rock at the show... in 2006 it was a little bit ... no offense... maybe it was just my feeling... like people were quite without passion or so...
    Prague 2000, 2006, 2012, Vienna 2006, Katowice 2007, Berlin 2010,2012
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    How easy is it to travel from Vienna to Berlin?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    How easy is it to travel from Vienna to Berlin?

less than 7 hrs by car. good train connection i believe. cheap flights too.
    i am sure some buddies will drive. should be no problem to get from one to another.
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    I'm thinking about going to Vien instead of Berlin because I prefer indoors show and I'm kinda sick and tired of Wuhlheide. Yes, you can crucify me now. I just cannot imagine hearing first notes of Pendulum in a daylight.
    Pearl Jam at 7-8 pm is just wrooooooong!!!
    Ok. Back to the topic. The problem is that there's over 600 km from my place to Vien and then another 700 km to Berlin if I finally decide to go.
    What to do? What to do? :fp:
  • Options
    lisa10lisa10 Posts: 18
    I'll be there! Also possibly going to Berlin. The best (and cheapest!) way to travel up to Berlin is probably taking an AirBerlin flight. I think the train ride is like 10 hours and from what I remember driving up there is more than 7 hours.

Vienna crowds are not the most passionate, unfortunately. I've been to some shows at Stadthalle and it never really was that energetic. Also not the most atmospheric venue, but convenient! I wish they would have chosen an open-air venue in Salzburg or something.
  • Options
    Pendulum in Vienna is mandatory... Im gonna jump right into Danube after show, if they dont play it :)
    Prague 2000, 2006, 2012, Vienna 2006, Katowice 2007, Berlin 2010,2012
  • Options
    Skosnik wrote:
    Pendulum in Vienna is mandatory... Im gonna jump right into Danube after show, if they dont play it :)

Pendulum is mandatory everywhere.

We are here and then we go.

• Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Vienna is the first city I ever visited in Europe and definitely one of the most beautiful!

Been there a few times and would love to go back for PJ!
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I'm debating whether to do Vienna or Stockholm. Can't do both.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Bécs/Wien is a must for a neighbor on the other side of the historical Monarchy. So I am going no matter 25th June is a terrible date for me:roll:

About Austrian crowds: they are indeed not the loudest, most aggressive, überenthusiastic bunch of people at all, every foreigner can notice that in almost any show there (but I still visit this well treated country every year for at least 1 or 2 great rock shows)
    About the 2006 Vienna show: the only loud & passionate division were those of Croatia (left wing) and Hungary (right wing) at the front...you can hear those hungry fans on the bootleg with a little help of a good stereo system :twisted: (e.g. the Budapest chant after Even Flow)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Up :D
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    obviously me, since I live there. :lol:

will have my small room stuffed with PJ friends from all over the world ;)
  • Options
    I'm trying to make it there 8-) . I may just have my wife stay in Vienna while I take a trip to see PJ at the Wulheide then return asap :shifty: .

Figuring a train would be faster & easier than a car, anyone here know :geek: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!