Options

How much is too much?

2»

Comments

• Options
    deenieskateeniedeenieskateenie Australia Posts: 22
    joseph33 said:

For me the music is like going to church. I'm able to take so much more away from it other than an institution thats organized. In my opinion there has never been a bad PJ song. Its all pieces of art that make for a grand masterpiece.

Amen to that my friend.
  • Options
    violciaviolcia Posts: 27

I LOVE this thread!!! I feel better about my "obsession" with Pearl Jam :] I'm not alone :,)

You took it out of my mouth:-)

First I thought I got crazy, maybe because I'm getting older or something... Then I thought, this is just a waste of time, I should do something more appropriate for a mother of 2 than listen to PJ and watch PJ for a few hours a day (or night).

But finally I came to the conclusion that this makes me a happy person! This is great to have a passion in life, still have this ability to dance to the music without reason, to feel such an excitement when a new song/album is released or wait for a year for an event (PJ concert).

And though my family and friend probably think I'm crazy, who cares? I want to be crazy and never become "normal" again.

Now, after joining TenClub, I have the feeling that I found my long lost family. Family of freaks, to be precise;)

I'm sorry for any mistakes, I'm not a native speaker.

My warm regards to all of you!

• Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    violcia said:

I LOVE this thread!!! I feel better about my "obsession" with Pearl Jam :] I'm not alone :,)

First I thought I got crazy, maybe because I'm getting older or something... Then I thought, this is just a waste of time, I should do something more appropriate for a mother of 2 than listen to PJ and watch PJ for a few hours a day (or night).

But finally I came to the conclusion that this makes me a happy person! This is great to have a passion in life, still have this ability to dance to the music without reason, to feel such an excitement when a new song/album is released or wait for a year for an event (PJ concert).

And though my family and friend probably think I'm crazy, who cares? I want to be crazy and never become "normal" again.

Now, after joining TenClub, I have the feeling that I found my long lost family. Family of freaks, to be precise;)

+1 !!! I feel like i'm the only one who loves/knows them in the f*** little town ! I feel as crazy as you, and enjoy it ! thank you for being here everybody and thank you PJ for being with me for more than 20 years !
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    deenieskateeniedeenieskateenie Australia Posts: 22
    violcia said:

This is exactly what I said when I joined the forum a few weeks ago! Like I've found something I never even knew was missing since I joined!

I'm with you - mums don't listen to PJ on the daily do they?? HELL YES THEY DO!! Hehe
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited November 2014
    My wife thinks my PJ obsession is on par with my gambling and alcohol obsession! Ha, what does she know?
  • Options
    vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    edited November 2014
    It comes to you and finds you, like this thing you are supposed to be a part of.
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• Options
    TerryGTerryG La Crosse, WI Posts: 366

My wife thinks my PJ obsession is on par with my gambling and alcohol obsession! Ha, what does she know?

:))
    Yeah I wish my wife understood the attraction. When I listen to PJ it just makes me happy. I am to the point I only listen bootlegs, I think my truck could still play radio stations still but who has time to check. Awesome new truck can play flash drives.
    She mostly just looks the other way until a few more posters show up...
    Do yourself a favor and be you online. Anonymity plus audience often equals asshole.
    Try not to be one. Make mom proud.
    Dan Johns
  • Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    I love this thread!
    I too spend an inordinate amount of time Veddering - listening, watching & reading all things Ed & Pearl Jam.
    It's been 24 years of love love love :-)))
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    KCjam said:

It certainly does not like you are in the "Obsession" category by any means.

I am male and when I met my paramour 14 years ago, she was not a PJ fan at all. Now I believe she is almost (Not quite) the bigger fan! Especially of Eddie and the solo shows. She is becoming a bit obsessed. This is a good thing to me.

Keep on enjoying PJ. Have fun. I just turned 45 and feel like my interest in many things has subsided a lot, but with PJ only a tad bit.

This sounds like my story exactly :-/
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2