Options

**Please play YOU ARE for the lovers in Berlin 2014**

Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
edited January 2014 in The Porch
Since we didn't get to hear this gem in Seattle, we might just as well extend the request :)

We are planning on going to the Berlin show in 2014. I will take the chance to combine visiting my homecountry for the first time after (then) 1,5 years, seeing friends and family, and throwing in a PJ show :)

Help us keeping this thread alive by a nice little bump every now and then. Thank you, kind folks :wave:
Here's the original post, still valid. Only the newlyweds afro and kw will be on their honeymoon this time!

I always knew there are people like Cav and me out there. People who have found each other miraculously because of the band. Here on the boards, while touring, by sheer coincidence ... You name it. A little facebook group brought it to my attention that there will be quite a lot of us "PJ couples" at the Seattle show.
GiventoLukinKP and Smanchac will be on their honeymoon (congrats again, guys :wave:), comebackgirl and zoso will be celebrating his 5th year of being in the US, afroannnie and kw18 will be glowing because they will have gotten married on the day of the show, and Cav and I will be there too, not so newlywed anymore, but still on fire :)

We are like every other couple, but we have something special in common, and we all will be there, celebrating the end of a great tour together. A lovefest in Seattle with PJ as the party band :mrgreen:

From what I read and experienced myself, we all have gone to quite a lot to be together with the ones we love. We all had to be brave, and courageous, some of us have been scarred from the past, some have had to change their life radically once they found their partner, moving countries, crossing oceans or states, getting accustomed to new surroundings and culture (and food :fp: :lol: ).
All throughout this time, PJ's music has been a binding element, a comforter, a mood enhancer, providing the soundtrack of our love.

I know that every couple has their own special song. Ours is You Are. I have never heard it live, and I would love for it to be played in BERLIN, dedicated to the people out there who found their special someone because of PJ. For Ashlee and Kyle, for Elana and Tim, for Rochelle and Andrew, for Kelly and Stephen, for Katie and Michael, for Janet and Mike, for Alyse and Tony and everybody else who is in love or about to find love in this very night before or after the show... This is a request thread, but it is also meant to be a thank you to the band :)

What a different life had I not found this love with you ...

Who's with me?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Einat (& Niv :) ) are with you!

May 'You Are' echo in Seattle for all you PJ couples!!!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Einat (& Niv :) ) are with you!

May 'You Are' echo in Seattle for all you PJ couples!!!

Thank you, Einat :wave:
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    What a great post, Leeze! I'm not with anyone, but I completely support your your request. :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    You are a tower of strength to me... One of my favourites off of Riot Act. I think you forgot Pandora and JB.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Lovely post, Leeze!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Pearl Jam has been a part of my life since I first heard Ten, they've been a constant in my life for the past 22 years and it is because of them that I met the man of my dreams... :mrgreen:
    We decided to get married the morning of the Seattle show because we think the band should be part of our special day. During the fall tour we've been carrying this banner from show to show...
    10293658743_a6c279ea68_n.jpg

We'll take it to Vancouver with us, and then for the Seattle show we'll have a similar banner (with a large red heart ) but it wil say JUST MARRIED at the top :mrgreen:

We're so excited that we get to spend our wedding reception with so many wonderful people including all the other PJ couples.

We would love to hear You Are at the Seattle show.. :mrgreen:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    Love PJ Couples ;)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    DamianKDamianK Posts: 192
    I'm going to the gig with my best mate but am happy to "sign" this request! We are both in the process of converting our girlfriends to the ways of Pearl Jam but somehow managed to get a boys weekend away for Seattle.

Saw them in Belfast a few years ago and Eddie mentioned a couple that had married that day. They had somehow gotten the information through to PJ's management and Ed said that they have brought their wedding guests to the show so that they could say that Pearl Jam played their wedding!
    Enjoy the gig.
  • Options
    DamianK wrote:
    I'm going to the gig with my best mate but am happy to "sign" this request! We are both in the process of converting our girlfriends to the ways of Pearl Jam but somehow managed to get a boys weekend away for Seattle.

Saw them in Belfast a few years ago and Eddie mentioned a couple that had married that day. They had somehow gotten the information through to PJ's management and Ed said that they have brought their wedding guests to the show so that they could say that Pearl Jam played their wedding!
    Enjoy the gig.

This is exactly what's going to happen in Seattle :D afroannnie and kw18 will get married in the morning on the day of the show and we will all be celebrating their wedding with PJ!

My hubs and I got married on the day of Eddie's solo show in Memphis. We say Eddie was our wedding band :lol: Cool thing is, we got a kickass poster too to remind us of the occasion...

How awesome would it be to have a shoutout to love from PJ :)

Enjoy the gig too!
  • Options
    Cool thing is, we got a kickass poster too to remind us of the occasion...

We're excited that we'll have a poster with our wedding date too :mrgreen:
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    This guitar from this song keeps playing over and over again in my head lately....Then I saw this request for Seattle and hells ya I would love to hear it at my second show ever.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    This guitar from this song keeps playing over and over again in my head lately....Then I saw this request for Seattle and hells ya I would love to hear it at my second show ever.

It's a great song. When my hubs and I were still dating (mostly on skype, cause I was in Germany and he in the States) we thought about what to engrave in our rings. We had lots of different ideas, but somehow we got stuck on You Are. And this is what it is now. Fits :D

Thanks for your support! I hope you will have a blast at your second show :wave:
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    ALWAYS wanted to hear this song....but since my hubs left me, I've avoided You Are (and Parting Ways) like the plague. So, it would be interesting to see my reaction to "You Are"..."Can't Keep" would be great to hear as well! Anyway, yeah...."You Are" in Seattle!! :D
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    ALWAYS wanted to hear this song....but since my hubs left me, I've avoided You Are (and Parting Ways) like the plague. So, it would be interesting to see my reaction to "You Are"..."Can't Keep" would be great to hear as well! Anyway, yeah...."You Are" in Seattle!! :D

I am sorry to hear that :(

But it is very nice of you to still support this thread. Will you be at the show too? Maybe seeing it live gives the song a new meaning for you ...

Be well and maybe see you in Seattle :wave:
  • Options
    Thanks for everyone's support so far..there's going to alot of love in Key Arena in 11 days! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I support LOVE!!

Hope you guys get "You Are" in Seattle--A very beautiful song indeed.

:clap::clap:
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    lazloblue wrote:
    I support LOVE!!

Hope you guys get "You Are" in Seattle--A very beautiful song indeed.

:clap::clap:

Thank you! Indeed, love is a great thing to support :D

Afro :thumbup: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    bumpin it for the lovahs! <3
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Ahhh, my wife was busy today!!

Would love to hear this one with her in my arms.

I gotta say, she is a wonderful woman. and for someone to completely uproot their life in Germany to come live with a dude like me in Michigan.. She has got some serious plums! and I love that about her :D

C'mon boys, please play some "You Are" in Seattle for all of the love affairs you have started!! We wont let you down!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    +1

Great stories - thanks.

Wish I could be there will all of you to hear it in Seattle! I'll be following the setlist thread, keeping fingers crossed for You Are. Have a fantastic night on Dec 6.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    +1

Great stories - thanks.

Wish I could be there will all of you to hear it in Seattle! I'll be following the setlist thread, keeping fingers crossed for You Are. Have a fantastic night on Dec 6.
    Thank you!! :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    I'll keep this bumped for love! PJ lovers are indeed the best. (And I want to hear this song, too.)
  • Options
    I'll keep this bumped for love! PJ lovers are indeed the best. (And I want to hear this song, too.)
    Thanks Girly!! been too long!

We were just at Orleans the other night, all is well in the Clem! ;)
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    All the love in here is making me a little nauseous :wink: just kidding! You are all very sweet and I'm happy for all of you! I love everything about this song so I fully support this request even though I'll be watching the set list thread from afar. I really hope you get it as it would definitely make for a uniquely special night.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    Thanks Girly!! been too long!

We were just at Orleans the other night, all is well in the Clem! ;)

Orleans!!! Omg the best pizza ever.

Would love to see you guys in Seattle! Got to meet this lady- Let's do it!
  • Options

Orleans!!! Omg the best pizza ever.

Would love to see you guys in Seattle! Got to meet this lady- Let's do it!
    Thanks for the support!

We will be there - come on over and join the fun :wave:

And yeah, that pizza was delish!
  • Options
    Awwww what an awesome thread Lisa! Yes - thank you to the band! After LA 1 I had a chance to tell Ed about how Tim and I met on this board and that we'll be in Seattle for the 5th anniversary of him moving here from Oz and to thank him for helping to change my life in so many ways :) This music is my therapy and being at the shows makes me feel completely alive and at peace...and it's brought me love. :) Just love it! Today I had a 3 hour panic attack while driving through some scary mountain roads and I got through it by singing "It's OK" in my head. And I may have also imagined Ed standing at the end of the road holding a kitten :oops: :lol: so thank you for helping me survive that, helping me find love and so many good friends and changing my life in so many ways :) Congrats to all of the other Pearl Jam couples! So excited for Ashlee and Kyle and happy we can be there for their reception. Bring on the love fest! :D:mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    MK13579MK13579 Posts: 217
    You Are awesome for requesting You Are. Best wishes!
  • Options
    Awwww what an awesome thread Lisa! Yes - thank you to the band! After LA 1 I had a chance to tell Ed about how Tim and I met on this board and that we'll be in Seattle for the 5th anniversary of him moving here from Oz and to thank him for helping to change my life in so many ways :) This music is my therapy and being at the shows makes me feel completely alive and at peace...and it's brought me love. :) Just love it! Today I had a 3 hour panic attack while driving through some scary mountain roads and I got through it by singing "It's OK" in my head. And I may have also imagined Ed standing at the end of the road holding a kitten :oops: :lol: so thank you for helping me survive that, helping me find love and so many good friends and changing my life in so many ways :) Congrats to all of the other Pearl Jam couples! So excited for Ashlee and Kyle and happy we can be there for their reception. Bring on the love fest! :D:mrgreen:

"I may have also imagined Ed standing at the end of the road holding a kitten"... :lol::lol: Perfect.

So excited that you and Tim get to be part of our celebration and we get to be a part of yours!! :mrgreen:;)
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Although a bit sappy..im diggging your request..If its gonna be Your Are, you need to post your seat number (if not in GA) so Eddie can beam the light off his guitar onto you guys..for those not aware see any "Your Are" from the 03 shows..now that would be sappy and a riot!!! :lol:
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Although a bit sappy..im diggging your request..If its gonna be Your Are, you need to post your seat number (if not in GA) so Eddie can beam the light off his guitar onto you guys..for those not aware see any "Your Are" from the 03 shows..now that would be sappy and a riot!!! :lol:

Thanks for the tip! I refrained from checking a lot of the older versions because I want this to be as fresh and clear as morning dew to my ears when I hear it live for the first time :D

If we don't find any GA (which we would love, cause then we could be with the wedding party and all of our friends and we could all hold up signs with hearts or so :mrgreen: ) we will be behind the stage in the 200s. I don't really think anybody can see us there :lol:

Keep on bumping for love and have a great day, everybody :wave:

Ten more days!!!