Outside Merch Booth Question

Beaverhausen209Beaverhausen209 Central Valley, CA Posts: 60
edited November 2013 in The Porch
Hey, all. Leg 1 vets, how long are the outside merch booths open? I'll be driving into San Diego Thursday afternoon around 2. The booth is set to open at 12:30. Is that going to be too late to get my goodies?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 10-15 minutes.
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Hey, all. Leg 1 vets, how long are the outside merch booths open? I'll be driving into San Diego Thursday afternoon around 2. The booth is set to open at 12:30. Is that going to be too late to get my goodies?

You will be fine. Depending on the place, that was actually the better time to go. If you go at 12:30 there were folks waiting. If you let the back up go, there's little line. Of course, then there was Philly where the line moved but was steadily a 45 minute or so wait.

Not sure exactly when they closed, but you'll be fine at 2 or 3.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Beaverhausen209Beaverhausen209 Central Valley, CA Posts: 60
    Hey, all. Leg 1 vets, how long are the outside merch booths open? I'll be driving into San Diego Thursday afternoon around 2. The booth is set to open at 12:30. Is that going to be too late to get my goodies?

You will be fine. Depending on the place, that was actually the better time to go. If you go at 12:30 there were folks waiting. If you let the back up go, there's little line. Of course, then there was Philly where the line moved but was steadily a 45 minute or so wait.

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated!
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Any predictions showing up at 5 or 5:30? Is everyone there picking up tickets by that point and the line an hour long?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Hey, all. Leg 1 vets, how long are the outside merch booths open? I'll be driving into San Diego Thursday afternoon around 2. The booth is set to open at 12:30. Is that going to be too late to get my goodies?

Any predictions showing up at 5 or 5:30? Is everyone there picking up tickets by that point and the line an hour long?

The three east coast shows i attended, early merch booth was long line, same with ten club window! 5 -6 o clock no lines at either
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    thebends9 wrote:
    10-15 minutes.

:lol:

prick j/k
  • PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    I rolled up in Charlotte about 3:30ish. I stood in the merch line outside and was about 50 yards back. Probably 30-40 minutes.

They ran out of posters about 20 people in front of me. It seems like every damn person was buying posters. I was so bummed, but they brought out a stack of 20 or 30 more posters and I was about to get one. I wanted the Charlotte specific shirt but they were sold out at the outside merch booth. I made the decision to wait on buying other shirts because I wanted the venue specific shirt the most. When I entered for the show, they were sold out of almost every damn thing. Eventually I asked the inside merch lady to tell me what they had left in larges after she kept telling me they were out of my top choices.

My advice is to buy everything you can outside and as early as possible and not make the mistake I did. I ultimately got that show specific shirt but it cost me about $85 on the Bay.
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Showed up 2 hours before show time in Charlotte, all posters were gone, were only available inside. Those didn't last long either and I didn't get one. Merch booth line was about 5 people deep, almost everything was available.