Options

What is your temperature?

Comments

• Options
    I'd love to keep it a 76 :oops:
    but it's usually 68 during the day, 64 at night :roll:

do you set your thermostat for those temps? why would you want it colder at night time? shouldn't that be other other way around?
    I get hot when I sleep...I like it warmer when I'm awake [will shrug]
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261

do you set your thermostat for those temps? why would you want it colder at night time? shouldn't that be other other way around?

who is will shrug?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

I have actually never heard of anyone keeping it warmer at night until now. You sleep with warm blankets, so it needs to be cooler at night so that you don't get hot in bed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

who is will shrug?
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I have actually never heard of anyone keeping it warmer at night until now. You sleep with warm blankets, so it needs to be cooler at night so that you don't get hot in bed.

it's been in the low 30's around here at night lately. makes sense to me to bump it up a degree or two. i lower it or turn it off during the day when it's warmer and i'm not home. i thought most people operated this way... :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    usually around 64. overnight usually down to 62, and the same when no one but the dogs are home.

and i LOVE a cool bedroom and toasty comforter - plus two snuggly warm doggies. i rather be cool than hot, always.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    64* 24/7

our house has no insulation, the master bedroom addition has no vapor barrier either, so it's about 52* in there, so we use a ceramic heater at night.

Oh, have laminate throughout the house too, no carpet.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i love, love, love doggies and kitties but will never or have never let them sleep on my bed. yuck.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    i love, love, love doggies and kitties but will never or have never let them sleep on my bed. yuck.

The name "Three Dog Night" supposedly refers to an expression meaning a night so cold that one needs to sleep while embracing three dogs. It's unclear whether the term originated with Inuit or with Indigenous Australians. An official commentary included in the CD set “Celebrate: The Three Dog Night Story, 1965-1975” stated that vocalist Danny Hutton’s girlfriend saw a documentary on TV in which the custom was explained to have originated with the latter.

Dogs' internal temps are in the 102* range, so that's why people used to sleep with their dogs to keep warm.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

who is will shrug?
    :lol::lol::lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options

who is will shrug?

shrug.gif
  • Options
    Hot as fuck. I can't control the heat, so I open up the windows

shrug.gif
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

The name "Three Dog Night" supposedly refers to an expression meaning a night so cold that one needs to sleep while embracing three dogs. It's unclear whether the term originated with Inuit or with Indigenous Australians. An official commentary included in the CD set “Celebrate: The Three Dog Night Story, 1965-1975” stated that vocalist Danny Hutton’s girlfriend saw a documentary on TV in which the custom was explained to have originated with the latter.

Dogs' internal temps are in the 102* range, so that's why people used to sleep with their dogs to keep warm.

ya learn somethin new everyday :thumbup: :)
  • Options
    mr. dream is currently taking a pre-gig nap with 2 pups. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    shortstack wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

haha. she totally made that up. you fell for it. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    We have it go down to 60 at night, then come up to 68 in the morning, back to about 60 during the day until everyone supposedly comes home, but since my work hours are odd, and I"m studying (working on a degree) a lot at home, I cave and turn up the heat to 70-72 even with a hoodie. I sleep in a hoodie and we have a mattress warmer. I feel the cold a lot.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

haha. she totally made that up. you fell for it. :lol:

curses!!!
  • Options
    for you people who have it freezing at night time....is it the same thing with your ac in the summer time?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    luckily the weather has been swell in these parts this summer. i think we have had our ac on maybe 2 weeks total. when its on, it's usually 70 degrees. what do you set yours to in the summer time?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    22 Degrees just lovely
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

22 Degrees just lovely

seems chilly
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited August 2014
    About 60 F outside here and 71,6 indoors :)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options

JWPearl said:

22 Degrees just lovely

seems chilly
    Still a bit too warm for my liking.
  • Options
    My gas bill last month was $10.26...basically just paying the "Basic Charge"...the furnace hasn't turned on at all this summer.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

My gas bill last month was $10.26...basically just paying the "Basic Charge"...the furnace hasn't turned on at all this summer.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^^^ yeah, I don't get it either, we have a gas water heater too, I figured we had to have been charged for something for the water heater. oh well...

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    so you wackos who set it to 60 in the winter time....what do you do in the summer time? 50??

last winter, i reconsidered my line of thinking with this and dropped it to 66 at night, 64 in the day.

summer time......been coasting at 72 during day and 70 at night. what say you?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I turn off my heat altogether from May through September and keep the fan on 24/7. Whatever temperature that makes my place it's probably still too warm for me.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I turn off my heat altogether from May through September and keep the fan on 24/7. Whatever temperature that makes my place it's probably still too warm for me.

No ac?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    At home, gotta have the temp either naturally or via AC around 73-77, depending on the weather and whatnot. Nighttime a bit lower - we too sleep better in cooler air.

I'll say this though - in our building, we pay only for electricity (and don't overdo the water thing by any means) - while like PJ_Soul got the fan going all the time on low, we're fairly conservative with our overall use.

Bill for two months ranges $300-$400. Two people, two cats. Less than 700 square feet. Generally conscientious, wasteful once in a blue moon.

Fuck you, DWP. Seriously, fuck you big time.