Options

Lightning Bolt vs. Nothingman

crowbarstomyheadcrowbarstomyhead Posts: 35
edited November 2013 in The Porch
I think that the song lightning bolt is the antithesis of Nothingman...or better put, the same character overcoming the hurts from or learning from a past failed relationship. Anyone agree? Look at some of the lyrical parallels:

Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go vs. you gotta know you will never let her go, she's a lightning bolt
Or
Isn't it something, Nothingman vs. Always something, never nothing, isn't that they way be are taught to be
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bchagnonbchagnon Posts: 164
    Lightning Bolt seems to be the prequel to Nothingman.

Lightning Bolt is the existence of someone (something) special. And he gone fucked it up in Nothing man.

"Leave it to me as I find a way to be.
    Consider me a satellite forever orbiting.
    I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me.
    Guaranteed."
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,533
    Never looked at it this way...interesting
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    deenieskateeniedeenieskateenie Australia Posts: 22
    YES. I've been thinking this for a while now. None of my friends really care, they just think I'm an over-thinker! (Which I kinda am...)

Add to that the line "coulda been something..."

AND...

"after he's flown away... Oh, into the sun...ah, into the sun...
    Burn...burn" VS "Like a burning meteor from miles high"

I am totally with you on this. This discussion right here, THIS is why I joined the forum last night.