Options

*** Charlottesville Fanviews Here 10/29/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    matt770 wrote:
    matt770 wrote:
    Great review! Im glad you have a clear winner after so many shows. What were your thoughts on Charlotte the next evening?
    Pretty great show as well, I just wish I had an extra day in between to recover. :D Highlights for me were Present Tense, Last Exit, Severed Hand, the Getaway debut, and especially Not For You and Immortality back to back in the main set, two of my absolute favorites. But the big one was The Real Me. I've probably heard their version from the Who tribute show 500 times and it doesn't get old. I was not expecting to see that one in person. Would have been nice if anyone else around me was nearly as stoked but I don't let lack of crowd energy ruin a show for me.

Really for only getting to see two shows on this tour, I got to see a nice variety of songs and a very large number of my personal favorites. Only thing that sucks is having so many conference calls today and not having any voice left.

I was in the same boat on the Charlotte show. It was really good, but a little anti-climatic. I was thrilled to hear Real Me but disappointed that I seemed to be the only one around me yelling "Doctor.. Mother... preacher", etc.
  • Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    mrussel1 wrote:
    I was in the same boat on the Charlotte show. It was really good, but a little anti-climatic. I was thrilled to hear Real Me but disappointed that I seemed to be the only one around me yelling "Doctor.. Mother... preacher", etc.
    There may not be a better scream-along in their entire repertoire.
  • Options
    matt770 wrote:
    mrussel1 wrote:
    There may not be a better scream-along in their entire repertoire.

At least once a month, I go to You Tube and watch their performance of the song at the VH1 special honoring the Who. It just blows me away every time, particularly Jeff's work.
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 191
    Everyone else has pretty much said everything that needs to be said. Everything fell perfectly into place. Amazing shit.

My new #1 on my attended list of 20+ shows.
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Options
    matt770matt770 Posts: 134
    Here's how great this show was. I didn't even mention Grievance in my ridiculously long review. I fucking love that song. I have vivid memories of the 2000 shows screaming along to Grievance and Insignificance. What an awesome blast from the past and a big highlight in a show that was loaded with them.

Another thing I didn't mention is how great it was just in general to hear the new songs mixed in with the older ones. And in many ways this was a throwback type of show, with Go, Why Go, Jeremy and Glorified in the main set and then Footsteps, Breath, and State later on. The new songs were mixed in perfectly and didn't feel forced or obligatory. They were welcome. Especially Future Days. How amazing is that song?

I could go on and on about this show obviously. :D
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    matt770 wrote:
    Here's how great this show was. I didn't even mention Grievance in my ridiculously long review. I fucking love that song. I have vivid memories of the 2000 shows screaming along to Grievance and Insignificance. What an awesome blast from the past and a big highlight in a show that was loaded with them.

Another thing I didn't mention is how great it was just in general to hear the new songs mixed in with the older ones. And in many ways this was a throwback type of show, with Go, Why Go, Jeremy and Glorified in the main set and then Footsteps, Breath, and State later on. The new songs were mixed in perfectly and didn't feel forced or obligatory. They were welcome. Especially Future Days. How amazing is that song?

I could go on and on about this show obviously. :D

I cannot quit thinking about it either. Those youtube videos by Dennis J. are amazing and keep my hunger at bay for a bootleg. I really hope an official one is released. Since no word has been given on boots this tour, I am concerned. But yeah, Grievance was one of my favorites that night as well. And I didn't really care for the studio version of Future Days. After hearing it in Cville I seriously appreciate it more. Eds voice filled that room so well with that song. I told my girlfriend that even despite all those rarities, Future Days being quite good live took me by suprise almost as much as the rarities. :)
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    This would be the one to boot..the band seemed to enjoy the sound of the place..I think thats also a big part of those extended jams..and rarities...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,164
    My 20th show. First time with GA since my first show at Randall's Island II in 1996. I've been pretty fortunate over the years being at some great shows, mostly due to living in NY until recently. I knew Charlottesville would be special when I saw the seating chart and how small the GA area would be.

Walked up to the GA line at 6:25PM, doors opened shortly thereafter. Hit the bathroom, got a t-shirt, and drink and still walked right up to the rail on Stone's side. Fortunate (once again) to meet and be behind "waves roll in my thoughts" and his wife at the rail. We get to talking about what we want to hear, I rattle off In My Tree, Breath, Down, and Fatal. 3 out of 4 and Fatal was on the set list, so close!!!

Time passes and the GA doesn't fill in behind us. I was a mosh pit all to myself. Eddie faking the stage dive right in front of us, Mike playing the solo for Alive, Eddie passing the wine to waves rollin's wife (I could smell it!), Mike coming back with picks (thanks again for sharing waves!). CRAZY! I got the stage dive and solo on video.

The arena, set list, GA location, having better seats than Bronson Arroyo all made for an unforgettable night. Possibly my top show. Randall's Island II, so many MSG shows, PJ20, last two nights at the Spectrum, and this might be number one for me, call me crazy but it was just that good, especially factoring in being so close to the stage. I'm sure I'm leaving some things out but that's long enough for now.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    totto wrote:
    Just got back to my room after the show. Met some great people. Had no idea what to expect but song after song kept saying "no shit". Everything today made me worry about the show. Security was over the top, wrist bands for beers, 4 beer max, no drinks in the bathrooms. It turned out to be one of my best shows. Love the town and had fun after the show. What ever issues the band had two nights ago got worked out. Ed was poring wine in Jeff's mouth after he served the minors. It's all good.

Funny...i said "holy shit" when they started every song!!! :D
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    BDF4 wrote:
    dc07cf wrote:
    Incredible show. Great setlist. But I am surprised at the amount of praise the crowd is getting. While I'm sure the 10c sections were great, I thought it was a pretty weak crowd. Especially in 307.

Maybe the upper levels were weak, but I was in 108 and the lower levels and floor were great, amazing energy.

114 and the crowd was rocking!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    spankyMP wrote:
    My 20th show. First time with GA since my first show at Randall's Island II in 1996. I've been pretty fortunate over the years being at some great shows, mostly due to living in NY until recently. I knew Charlottesville would be special when I saw the seating chart and how small the GA area would be.

Walked up to the GA line at 6:25PM, doors opened shortly thereafter. Hit the bathroom, got a t-shirt, and drink and still walked right up to the rail on Stone's side. Fortunate (once again) to meet and be behind "waves roll in my thoughts" and his wife at the rail. We get to talking about what we want to hear, I rattle off In My Tree, Breath, Down, and Fatal. 3 out of 4 and Fatal was on the set list, so close!!!

Time passes and the GA doesn't fill in behind us. I was a mosh pit all to myself. Eddie faking the stage dive right in front of us, Mike playing the solo for Alive, Eddie passing the wine to waves rollin's wife (I could smell it!), Mike coming back with picks (thanks again for sharing waves!). CRAZY! I got the stage dive and solo on video.

The arena, set list, GA location, having better seats than Bronson Arroyo all made for an unforgettable night. Possibly my top show. Randall's Island II, so many MSG shows, PJ20, last two nights at the Spectrum, and this might be number one for me, call me crazy but it was just that good, especially factoring in being so close to the stage. I'm sure I'm leaving some things out but that's long enough for now.

I was close to you -- far right on the rail! Great review. How lucky are we that we got to be so close to the stage for THIS show??

If it's possible for you to upload your videos of Eddie's dive tease and Mike's solo right in front of us and either PM me or post a link, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!!
    Ally
  • Options
    Thanks to all for the reviews/comments on this incredible show. I feel fortunate to have been there. Cville...you really brought it and the band fed off of it and delivered. Top moments (musical...the kids on stage stole the show): RVM, Footsteps, Baba, the crowd on Alive.

Can't wait for the west coast swing...see you there!!
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,008
    I've already posted my short review, so here goes my long one for personal closure. :D

I went into Cville (Charlottesville) with low expectations and was slightly concerned. Outside the arena there were basically no lines; everything was so laid back. I was shocked. It almost seemed too good to be true. Weather was beautiful, the arena and environment around the arena were beautiful, I had my beautiful girlfriend with me, and I was experiencing the beauty of a lack of hassle. Parking was a piece of cake, got all my merch with basically no line. My concern - this crowd is going to suck and the setlist will most likely be greatest hits as a result. BOY, WAS I EVER WRONG.

I guessed Release as an opener after Pendulum, but I didn't realize the effect Release would have on me. I heard it at Bonnaroo 08 and it made me tear up. I balled my eyes out in Cville. It was a reaction that I didn't foresee or plan on. It was good tears, but I cannot believe it hit me like a ton of bricks like that. I was still skeptical of the crowd up until In My Tree and the crowd generally seemed into the song. From there on, I could tell the crowd was quite good and the band were feeding off it.

The setlist was one of my personal favorites for a couple reasons. Not counting the new LB songs, I hadn't heard 16 of those songs (Cville being my 4th show). Second, I got to hear Sleight of Hand and it was a beautiful rendition. SoH is my favorite PJ song and I never expected to hear it since it was already played once this tour. My damn jaw dropped and I was in absolute shock (I still am). The band was generally tight. Night quite as tight as ATL 2012, but close. The only major flub was Ed forgetting the last verse of Whipping, but it was only a brief moment and kinda funny. ALL the other major rarities were basically flawless and very well performed. The show gave me a new appreciation for Future Days and Thumbing My Way. Eds voice just filled that small arena so well with those songs.
    The arena itself was not only gorgeous to look at, but had a nice clean crisp sound. The acoustics were simply wonderful.

All in all, everything was perfect. That's not a generalization either, it was as close to perfect as I will most likely get at a PJ show. I was listening with a critical ear and also trying to guess the setlist. What I heard was the band on fire ( I use this term rarely, but it applies here) and I couldn't guess what was coming in the set hardly at all. My only nitpicking remark was the security girl behind me was a pain to deal with and clearly had no respect for the band. I asked her if she knew what happened when Ed stopped Down. She said he forgot the lyrics :roll: . I told her that wasn't the case; it was a security issue. Other than this, no complaints here! Too bad the same cannot be said for Charlotte.

Great review! I just got back home to South Africa a few hours ago and typing this at 3am! I cannot sleep partly because of jetlag but mostly because of the impact of my first trip to the States ever and the amazing night of what was Charlottsville.

I still have much more to say about what could easily rank as my best PJ show of 15 and definitely one of the most incredible nights of my life. I went in with my iPhone cleared of old vids with the intention of recording as many songs as possible but was way too conscious of disturbing fans from enjoying the show so only have a few. Was on the floor Row D behind GA-incredible view and sound. Cannot wait to watch all the vids posted here and already hanging out for the boot.To make matters worse, during Thumbing, right at the end, I pressed the side button by mistake so the vid has an abrupt end!

But hey that doesn't matter in the least. I was there. They were on fire. That's what life is all about. Living the moment and not about how many vids or merch you got. Just to have lived to experience it is a huge privilege for me. That's all that matters! :)

No band comes even remotely close for me...
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    mrussel1 wrote:
    I've already posted my short review, so here goes my long one for personal closure. :D

I had a couple of gomers jumping up and down for no apparent reason (not like during Go, but totally off key for a song), but that was more funny than anything. There's more to it, but I'll say no more in case these guys are on the board. But for anyone that was near them, they will know what I'm talking about...

Did one of the "gomers" have a Who t-shirt and ball cap on? :lol:
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    BDF4 wrote:
    dc07cf wrote:
    Incredible show. Great setlist. But I am surprised at the amount of praise the crowd is getting. While I'm sure the 10c sections were great, I thought it was a pretty weak crowd. Especially in 307.

Maybe the upper levels were weak, but I was in 108 and the lower levels and floor were great, amazing energy.

114 and the crowd was rocking!!!

Also in 114, thanks to my man, Skip. I was directly next to a dude who sparked and resparked at least 5 times. Although I did not partake, there was a definite contact H. Thanks bro! Footsteps got played for my Canadian row-mates.

There was a woman who was seated directly behind me who got sick, so there was puke in the air and she looked miserable the whole nite.

However, I was a madman from note 1. That was the best concert that I've ever attended. Michael McFucking Cready, indeed.

114 also had some pretty decent video shot on a good cam a few rows ahead of me, super steady...pretty sure I've seen it on the Tube.

I didn't shoot any video but I posted a lot of pictures on the bucket.

http://s1097.photobucket.com/user/jaybo ... t=3&page=1
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Great pics...
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    This was my third and final show of this tour and man was I in my glory! As far as I can recall, this was the first time I've heard Sad & Breath live. And back to back shows NOT ending with Ledbetter (great song, but I haven't seen a show NOT end with it since my very first one in 2000...was getting a little tired of it). Got to hear lots of lesser-played songs that we don't normally get...especially all in the same show.

I was never a big fan of The End (actually it's my least favorite song on Backspacer) but Ed freakin killed it with his live rendition.

Probably the best version of SOLAT I've ever heard.

The cover songs were all great. Mother was incredible, Baba always rocks, and ending on the full Little Wing was just amazing!

Ed's interaction with the crowd, especially the two kids and the dad, had all the elements of great stage presence. And I finally got to see him break up a fracas! Haha!

And to think I almost didn't go to this show. A friend of mine tried to get tix to Pittsburgh (which I already had 10C seats for) and got shut out, so when she text me that morning and said she was gonna try C'ville instead, I said fuck it, get one for me too!
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    My Wife's Fanview for Charlottesville: "Pure Stoke" :)
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    awesome, just totally awesome!
    thank you pearl jam. i love you.
    footsteps blew me away.
    big wave didn't sound it's best, but who the hell care cares?
    it was easy access to beer sitting right in front of it. Ha! so that was cool, but wish it wasn't so bright.
    the crowd was GREAT! way to go ya'll. but during Lightening Bolt you could've been a little more hyped. first time hearing that song i imagined a wicked light show and pj just about nailed it.
    i'm damn jealous of those two young boys in the front row.

P.S. why did all the bars open until 5pm? did they not know who was in town? their loss.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    DV28676DV28676 Posts: 25
    edited November 2013
    Those were my two boys at Charlottesville that Eddie pulled up onstage. The evening of 11-29-2013 was unbelievable. UN BEE LEEV UH BULL
    I had to slap myself all the way back in the car. I never awoke though, so I guess it wasn't a dream -- as hard to believe as that is to do though...

Danny, Kimmie, Danoh, Heath and Kimble Dann in Tejas

1. Dallas, Texas 7-05-1998 Sometimes
    2. Virginia Beach, Virginia 8-03-2000 Long Road
    3. The Woodlands, Texas 10-14-2000 Long Road
    4. The Woodlands, Texas 10-15-2000 Oceans
    5. Seattle, Washington 12-08-2002 Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    6. Seattle, Washington 12-09-2002 Release
    7. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 4-03-2003 Long Road
    8. San Antonio, Texas 4-05-2003 Of The Girl (Interstellar Overdrive) / Corduroy
    9. The Woodlands, Texas 4-06-2003 Can't Keep
    10. Dallas, Texas 6-09-2003 Alive
    11. Little Rock, Arkansas 6-10-2003 Arc
    12. Denver, Colorado 7-02-2006 World Wide Suicide
    13. Denver, Colorado 7-03-2006 Long Road
    14. Salt Lake City, UT 9-28-2009 Of The Girl
    15. Saskatoon, Saskatchewan 9-19-2011 Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy
    16. San Jose, Costa Rica 11-20-2011 Go
    17. Houston, Texas 11-13-2012 (EV) Can’t Keep
    18. Dallas, Texas 11-15-2012 (EV) Walking the Cow
    19. Charlottesville, Virginia 10-29-2013 Pendulum
    20. Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013 TBA
    21. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 11-16-2013 TBA
    Post edited by DV28676 on
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    DV28676 wrote:
    That was my two boys from Charlottesville.

which two boys? the young ones?

EDIT: OMG GRIEVANCE INTO GLORIFIED G was so raw and awesome.

yes. i was FREAKING going off during those two.

wndowpayne wrote:
    Also when the band was introduced, Jeff was last and the crowd went nuts..Eddie ran over and handed him his bottle..I believe Jeff mouthed " wow" after taking a gulp..not sure if was because of that gulp or the crowds response to him before that gulp.

i know i was screaming JEFF! then. :mrgreen:
    fuck the jeff drama rumors.
    PeterB wrote:
    . And even had a "moment" with Ed when I tossed him my red, black and white (LB themed) rainbow loom bracelet (made by my son) and he wore it for the final few songs.

i saw the bracelet up on the screen.
    very cool.

BDF4 wrote:
    but I was in 108 and the lower levels and floor were great, amazing energy.

that was my section.
    WOOT WOOT!

JH6056 wrote:
    I don't know if it was earlier than this or then that I noticed the guy in the wheelchair being prevented from going in the pit and told to just stay in the aisle of reserved GA, where it was obvious HE COULD NOT SEE SHIT. The 2 10C seats next to me had been empty the whole show, I motioned to him like "Is ther ANY way we can get you in these seats?" Like, I wondered if we could lift him... but he wisely and resignedly just kind of shook his head like "that is not gonna happen" and it was such a bummer. Then I saw someone I thought might be able to help, flagged him down, pointed out the guy and asked if there was anything he could do to get the guy in the pit. Not more than 5 min later, dude and his friend have wristbands and are in the pit and he can actually SEE THE STAGE!!! Right there, I was done. No matter what else happened that night, seeing that guy helped so he could actually see meant the world to me and lifted me up as high as the music did. I was so happy.

as a power chair user myself, that makes me happy to read that, so thanks for posting.
    as a 10c member i have great anxiety of having really good seats but being pushed back into ADA seat due to the god damn power chair.
    i trusted 10c to hook me up with ADA seats this time and i was in 108. back of the venue. saw everything... and the crowd was great ya'll, believe me. at least from my section down. all except lightening bolt. people were asleep during that one.
    10c got me front row in 08 so i refuse to whine. yeah i was in the back, but made for great sound and no view of asses and elbows----which is what i get with poor/no ADA seats. AND this venue has family restrooms.... love!

embrace thanks for sharing that about the first-timers. :)

OOHH, AND I REALLY like the merch table being open as the same time as 10c tix pick up ..... early.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    This was my 10th show and my favorite. I was right in front of Mike, 2nd "row". I was behind the guy in the wheelchair. Mike gave him some signed 45 and Ed gave him a tambourine. My first show was 17 years ago. I finally got a pick from the guy who inspired 11-year-old me to start playing guitar.
    I was there.... 10/4/96 Charlotte, 8/4/00 Charlotte, 4/19/03 Atlanta, 10/6/04 Asheville, 5/30/06 DC, 06/22/08 DC, 8/16/08 DC, 8/17/08 DC, 6/14/09 Baltimore, 6/15/09 Baltimore, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/13/10 Bristow
  • Options
    moleculardreamingmoleculardreaming Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    Doube post. Sorry.
    Post edited by moleculardreaming on
    I was there.... 10/4/96 Charlotte, 8/4/00 Charlotte, 4/19/03 Atlanta, 10/6/04 Asheville, 5/30/06 DC, 06/22/08 DC, 8/16/08 DC, 8/17/08 DC, 6/14/09 Baltimore, 6/15/09 Baltimore, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/13/10 Bristow
  • Options
    41 shows for me and this one is in the top five for sure. Does it beat MSG 1 2003, Philly 3-4 2009, Jones Beach 2 2000 or Toronto 1 2011? Not sure yet but it's up there!
    "I'd like to thank all you mother fuckers. All you mother fuckers..." EV-10/03/05
  • Options
    I was at Philly 4, too. I feel like I'll be listening to this show more.
  • Options
    kladkinskladkins Huntington, WV Posts: 6
    4 days later and I still cannot believe that I was at this show. My husband and I have not stopped talking about it. The sound, the people, the SET LIST!! OMG! I nearly died when Breath/State were played. Cannot wait to be able to get back to another show!
    Pittsburgh 10-11-2013, Charlottesville 10-29-13, Cincinnati 10-1-14
    "Understand she's a force of nature.."
  • Options
    mrussel1 wrote:

I had a couple of gomers jumping up and down for no apparent reason (not like during Go, but totally off key for a song), but that was more funny than anything. There's more to it, but I'll say no more in case these guys are on the board. But for anyone that was near them, they will know what I'm talking about...

Did one of the "gomers" have a Who t-shirt and ball cap on? :lol:

Well let me ask you, before I insult anyone.. Did you have a Who t-shirt on?
  • Options
    DV28676 wrote:
    Those were my two boys at Charlottesville that Eddie pulled up onstage. The evening of 11-29-2013 was unbelievable. UN BEE LEEV UH BULL
    I had to slap myself all the way back in the car. I never awoke though, so I guess it wasn't a dream -- as hard to believe as that is to do though...

I'm sure you got tons of pics of your boys, but in case you didn't, I snapped a few from 4 rows back. They are here:

http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/mrussell72/library/
  • Options
    No way to have enough of those. I certainly appreciate that. My family thanks you. We're all still buzzing...