Options

25 & 26 of August UK

csaroldicsaroldi Posts: 14
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hello everyone.

I am a Brazilian fan, and i need some information. I should be in UK during PJ shows there, and I would like to know how can i get tickets for it... hehe

i know its kinda soon, but i have to be prepared... as I dont want to miss..

There are a few things that i dont know.. actually ALOT of things.

Like are they closed just to 10c members ? how many ticket available ? (when the show was here in Rio , i know that there were like 40k, but i also know that it was not normal for their tour.)

I Dont know.. it will be my seccond PJ Show if i can make it.. heh

oh, and anyone know how much should cost ? anything...

Well, if anyone can help i appreciate !!!

/cheer everyone !
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    csaroldi wrote:

i know its kinda soon, but i have to be prepared... as I dont want to miss..

its not too soon... in fact you're too late!!!

Reading and Leeds have sold out.. COMPLETELY

try http://www.ebay.co.uk but prepare to pay over the asking price

also... try 70k-100,000 fans with no tenclub pre-sale and it'll be a shorter set :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    miskinmiskin Posts: 278
    i had a spare sunday ticket until yesterday for Reading (pearl jam play there on that sunday!)

but ive given it to a friend

however... he's only 50% sure he can go.
    so note down my name, pm me with your details and if it becomes free you can have it for the normal price. (£67)
    myspace.com/airstriponeuk
  • Options
    danm...

=´(

I think i will have to wait for some other time... i was REALLY think i would be able to hit that show.

If i were a 10c member i would have more chance ?

i mean, i never KNEW about ten 10 (sadly) and i dont know what it is besides a fan club. i almost joined, but i didnt know what for... so i didnt.

after pearl jam came to Rio de Janeiro - Brazil, it changed completely my way to listen to them... since Dec 4th of 2005, i cant simply stop listen to PJ.. hehe

but well... i will try the ebay, but not sure how much is the original prices.

and thanks for the fast response.

=/
  • Options
    pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    Single day tickets for both Reading and Leeds ARE NOT SOLD OUT. The weekend passes are, but not single tickets. If you plan on seeing PJ at both venues then don't worry about the weekend passes. My wife just got us tickets for Leeds on Friday. We are buying Reading ASAP...
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    pr4mojo1 wrote:
    Single day tickets for both Reading and Leeds ARE NOT SOLD OUT. The weekend passes are, but not single tickets..

http://www.meanfiddler.com/displayPage.asp?ArticleID=3161&URLID=65

Promoters of the Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds Festival, Mean Fiddler, are proud to announce that all tickets for this year’s event are now completely sold out.

From the extra allocation of tickets announced on Friday 16th June, 2,000 remained after those who had pre-ordered in the hope of tickets took up their respective allocations. These were sold in minutes of phone lines opening to general sale this morning (20th June) at 9am.

Carling Weekend: Reading and Leeds Festival, the UK’s largest festival takes place from Friday August 25th to Sunday August 27th at the legendary Richfield Avenue site in Reading and the stunning Bramham Park site near Leeds and features headline performances from Muse, Franz Ferdinand and Pearl Jam alongside over 150 bands, cabaret performers and comedians.

Demand for tickets for this year’s festival was the greatest ever but, for those who were unsuccessful, you can still watch the festival on BBC2 and BBC3 or listen to the bands on BBC Radio One over the Bank Holiday weekend.

Click here for full line-up to date
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    csaroldi wrote:
    Not for those No.
    Being Festival rather than regular gigs, there was NO pre-sale for 10c members.

I'm afraid you're waking up late, there was tickets up till 2-3 weeks ago (we got an extra one for a friend then).
    Some people here have 1 coming available from time to time, keep on checking but note:
    - it's more expensive (£67)
    - the set will be shorter
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    csaroldi wrote:
    danm...

=´(

I think i will have to wait for some other time... i was REALLY think i would be able to hit that show.

i mean, i never KNEW about ten 10 (sadly) and i dont know what it is besides a fan club. i almost joined, but i didnt know what for... so i didnt.

after pearl jam came to Rio de Janeiro - Brazil, it changed completely my way to listen to them... since Dec 4th of 2005, i cant simply stop listen to PJ.. hehe

but well... i will try the ebay, but not sure how much is the original prices.

and thanks for the fast response.

=/

There is someone on this bord selling Friday tickets for Leeds they are asking £100 for 2 wich is quite cheap, I can try and find out iif they are still available if you like.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    valrivalri Posts: 52
    Seetickets have still got some for Friday.
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095

Demand for tickets for this year’s festival was the greatest ever but, for those who were unsuccessful, you can still watch the festival on BBC2 and BBC3 or listen to the bands on BBC Radio One over the Bank Holiday weekend.

Oh I didn't know that :D That's what I'll be doing that weekend then after I send newagehippie home
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    If you can't get tickets, you can always try this :D:D

http://www.meanfiddler.com/displayPage_leeds.asp?ArticleID=3165&URLID=67
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    The set won't be that much shorter. They'll probably get 2 hours, so 20-22 songs rather than 23-26.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    fowls wrote:
    The set won't be that much shorter. They'll probably get 2 hours, so 20-22 songs rather than 23-26.
    Doesn't matter what they get - they'll still bitch about it :p
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    fowls wrote:
    That depends what time they get on stage (so how late it runs really, many bands, many chances for fuck ups and delays), and if the licences are running later this year.
    But if they have to pack up by 11 (and considering the problems of public transport, they're likely to regardless of the 2 above, especially in Reading as it's the last day), then I'm not sure they'll be able to do a full 2 hours....
    I sure hope though :D
  • Options
    CloneClone UK Posts: 140
    Certain day tickets are still available, it's the weekend tickets that sold out.

I just bought a sunday reading ticket about a week ago.
  • Options
    wow guys... thanks for all the suppport ..hehe im new to this forum.. heh kind of.

But the real thing is, im moving to london, its a complete new life for me. and i THINK i will be arriving around august 1st....

i dont know yet the days i will be working and not even where im going to stay there.. heheh but, first things first, and wwhen i saw that PJ would play near there, i would have to try to go for it. but its too harsh... its a festival, and i didnt know, hehe , just now i saw that there are alot of bands and all.. even foo fighter, that i love too.. heheh but well.. i will have to try to buy it only when i got there. sadly.

I am still at Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.

I will try my best, but as the first month i wont have my salary yet.. heheh i think its going to be hard to go... but who know?!

Thanks again all... for every single reply...=P
  • Options
    you could book a ticket for the Paris show.
    It's only a 2.5 to 3 hours train journey to Paris on Eurostar. You can get tickets for £59 return (or £49 if you're under 26).

The show itself is much cheaper (less than half) than the festival.
    It's a proper full length show, and being on 11 September, might even be a bit special.
    There are still a few (not very good, other side of the venue) tickets left. For the best and cheapest (floor) you might be able to find a spare around here, or on the French forum (they understand english if you ask nicely ;)).

You guys had only your first chance to see PJ last year and as we've been waiting for 6 years, we understand the need to make up for it :) (that's what I'm doing!)

pm me if you need help on Paris.