Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Reporter: "do you think you guys have a chance to take this to a game 7?"
    LeBron James: "yes, I do. Because I'm the best player in the world."

He can say it.

Yes he's right but that's the kind of thing you should leave for others to say about you.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    I should stay up tonight and watch the 6 game..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited June 2015

Lebron should get MVP of series no matter what happens. This has to go down as one of the best series ever by a player. Too bad Love and Irvin are out. To win a championship you need to be good and lucky. Warriors looked to have hit both this season.

No. LeBron should absolutely not be mvp if his team loses. Stef curray. All the way. Especially when he drops 35 tonight.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627

Lebron should get MVP of series no matter what happens. This has to go down as one of the best series ever by a player. Too bad Love and Irvin are out. To win a championship you need to be good and lucky. Warriors looked to have hit both this season.

No. LeBron should absolutely not be mvp if his team loses. Stef curray. All the way. Especially when he drops 35 tonight.
    I won't argue that the MVP shouldn't be from the winning side. The only time I ever remember this happening is Ron Hextall in the 80's for the Flyers. But one thing this lays bare... the gulf between Lebron and the other so called MVPs is a mile wide. Just like he showed against Durant when Durant won the reg season MVP a few years ago, he is showing in this series. Lebron is the best player in teh world today and no one is really close. You can't possibly argue that Steph is as good or better than LBJ. They only give the award to someone else to make it interesting.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    The Clippers traded for Crazy Ass Lance Stephenson. In return, the Hornets took a steaming pile of expensive poo. This is a testament to how crazy, Crazy Ass Lance Stephenson is, that the Hornets are basically shooting him out of a human canon to LA and taking a couple of the worst contracts in Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

The Clippers traded for Crazy Ass Lance Stephenson. In return, the Hornets took a steaming pile of expensive poo. This is a testament to how crazy, Crazy Ass Lance Stephenson is, that the Hornets are basically shooting him out of a human canon to LA and taking a couple of the worst contracts in Spencer Hawes and Matt Barnes.

Agreed.. talk about a meteoric fall last year.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    mrussel1 said:

I won't argue that the MVP shouldn't be from the winning side. The only time I ever remember this happening is Ron Hextall in the 80's for the Flyers. But one thing this lays bare... the gulf between Lebron and the other so called MVPs is a mile wide. Just like he showed against Durant when Durant won the reg season MVP a few years ago, he is showing in this series. Lebron is the best player in teh world today and no one is really close. You can't possibly argue that Steph is as good or better than LBJ. They only give the award to someone else to make it interesting.
    Yes, but Lebrons heat team beat the piss out of that thunder team. I'm not going to say Curray is better than LeBron. He isn't. But Curray has played well enough to win it IF they win the series.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450

mrussel1 said:

Yes, but Lebrons heat team beat the piss out of that thunder team. I'm not going to say Curray is better than LeBron. He isn't. But Curray has played well enough to win it IF they win the series.
    "Curray" will partay if they win. :fp:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Smith showed up a little too late.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Funny that the other finals that Lebron was in ended the same… He dominated and the rest of the team was stagnant… Pass the ball to Lebron because I'm scared...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    no matter what Cleveland did, Golden State had an answer for them. nice win and congrats. I'm guessing Lebron might get MVP though?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I'm glad Iggy won the MVP. He was an epitome of the Warriors team. Did what they needed without the normal athlete bitching. Bogut taking a back seat and not playing the last 3 games while taking it in stride. Curry constantly passing out of double teams to find the open guy. This is hopefully the first of many over the next few years. Thank you Phil Jackson for not getting Kerr to sign when you should have and leaving that door open. Thank you Jerry West and Kerr for pitching a fit and not trading Barnes and Thompson for Love when everyone was calling the team idiots for passing on it. And most of all thank you Minnesota for taking 2 point guards not named Curry in the draft.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

Smith showed up a little too late.

yes.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

I'm glad Iggy won the MVP. He was an epitome of the Warriors team. Did what they needed without the normal athlete bitching. Bogut taking a back seat and not playing the last 3 games while taking it in stride. Curry constantly passing out of double teams to find the open guy. This is hopefully the first of many over the next few years. Thank you Phil Jackson for not getting Kerr to sign when you should have and leaving that door open. Thank you Jerry West and Kerr for pitching a fit and not trading Barnes and Thompson for Love when everyone was calling the team idiots for passing on it. And most of all thank you Minnesota for taking 2 point guards not named Curry in the draft.

ani, you're my boy, but (and I'm a Utah guy) Bogut sucks.

I wanted Game 7.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,307
    Lebron should have won Finals MVP. Carried another bad team. Hopefully he comes to the Knicks next year
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Just How Much Better LeBron James Makes His Teammates, Summed Up In A Single Tweet
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/16/lebron-james-teammates-finals_n_7594058.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

Just How Much Better LeBron James Makes His Teammates, Summed Up In A Single Tweet
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/16/lebron-james-teammates-finals_n_7594058.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

twitter sucks.

I am tired of a bunch of dumbasses saying "look at me, I'm smart"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I did laugh when Smith started raining those 3's. Just gods way of torturing cleveland fans by giving them some hope right at the end before snatching it away.

Poor Lebron. You could see how gassed he was by the fact most of his shots in the 2nd half were dead on but a smidgen short. Maybe this was his penance for the decision. Not penance for leaving cleveland but for how he did it. And I don't think he should have gotten MVP after a little time to reflect. For how brilliant he was offensively he hurt them badly on defense. Not providing help when it was his assignment and at time letting his guy blow right past him. I dont blame him with all he had to do offensively but defense matters just as much as offense.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    imalive said:

igotid88 said:

twitter sucks.

I am tired of a bunch of dumbasses saying "look at me, I'm smart"
    Dan McCarney ✔@danmccarneySAEN
    Per http://NBA.com , Cleveland's O in the 22 minutes LBJ hasn't played in Finals:

18.2 FG%, 00.0 3pt%, 54.6 pts/100 poss, -39.2 net.
    2:16 AM - 15 Jun 2015
    635 635 Retweets 293 293 favorites
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    One player can't win a team..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Any other year and I would consider that a Golden State NBA title would be one of the seven signs of the apocalypse, but they were playing Cleveland so I'm not so concerned.
  • Options
    imalive said:

ani, you're my boy, but (and I'm a Utah guy) Bogut sucks.

I wanted Game 7.
    I hope you like David Lee as the Warriors seem to like dumping salary on the Jizz. Enjoy those 2 second rounders you get for taking him and clogging your cap.

Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    gotta have a better performance from "the best player in the world."

oh well, most people only care about the NBA on a regional basis anyway.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Someone brought up a good point this morning, the cavs starting to quit right before Smith rained 3's and got the game close again. That easy layup by Curry where no one bothered to even make an attempt at stopping him that pushed the lead back to 6. Take that away and it is a 4 point game and everything changes those last 30/40 seconds. The Cavs wouldn't have been forced taking contested 3's at that point. The Warriors would have been forced to take Iggy out which would have helped Lebron.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

Someone brought up a good point this morning, the cavs starting to quit right before Smith rained 3's and got the game close again. That easy layup by Curry where no one bothered to even make an attempt at stopping him that pushed the lead back to 6. Take that away and it is a 4 point game and everything changes those last 30/40 seconds. The Cavs wouldn't have been forced taking contested 3's at that point. The Warriors would have been forced to take Iggy out which would have helped Lebron.

There was just no gas left in the tank. There's no way in God's Green Earth that Lebron could play 1st team all NBA defense for 47.5 minutes when he is throwing up 38/12/9 or whatever it was in the series. That's not humanely possible. And remember his points are hard points. They are in the paint, banging bodies, not hanging out and raining 3's.
    I'm born and raised in Cleveland and sports life has been difficult, with the exception of the Buckeyes. But Clevelanders are very excited about this team. We are young. Only Andy is older than LBJ. And Gilbert is ready to take the luxury tax into the Brooklyn stratosphere. I really can't imagine that a healthy Love and Kyrie would not have meant the championship.
    I can tell you that Kelly Olynk better not come to Cleveland. He has replaced Modell as the most hated. Dirty piece of shit.
  • Options
    Vegas opening odds for 2016 have Cavs as clear favorites.

Cavaliers 9-4 Knicks 80-1
    Warriors 5-1 Celtics 80-1
    Thunder 5-1 Bucks 80-1
    Clippers 10-1 Pistons 80-1
    Spurs 12-1 Jazz 80-1
    Bulls 12-1 Suns 80-1
    Hawks 20-1 Lakers 80-1
    Rockets 20-1 Nuggets 80-1
    Wizards 30-1 Kings 100-1
    Pacers 30-1 Nets 100-1
    Grizzlies 30-1 76ers 200-1
    Heat 30-1 Magic 200-1
    Blazers 40-1 Wolves 200-1
    Mavericks 40-1 Hornets 200-1
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    :lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options

As they say... GFY
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Vegas opening odds for 2016 have Cavs as clear favorites.

Cavaliers 9-4 Knicks 80-1
    Warriors 5-1 Celtics 80-1
    Thunder 5-1 Bucks 80-1
    Clippers 10-1 Pistons 80-1
    Spurs 12-1 Jazz 80-1
    Bulls 12-1 Suns 80-1
    Hawks 20-1 Lakers 80-1
    Rockets 20-1 Nuggets 80-1
    Wizards 30-1 Kings 100-1
    Pacers 30-1 Nets 100-1
    Grizzlies 30-1 76ers 200-1
    Heat 30-1 Magic 200-1
    Blazers 40-1 Wolves 200-1
    Mavericks 40-1 Hornets 200-1

The 30-1 odd teams in the East would make tempting bets. Washington looked pretty good and the Pacers have Paul George coming back.