Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    J.R. Smith is the NBA equivalent of Jar Jar Binks.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    imalive said:

OK.....

lebron....trust your teamates, a little.

refs...l.pull your heads out of your asses. it's embarrassing how bad you are.

Ani? I'm beginning to think your boy Steph is a little bitch....but the refs facilitate it.

Go Cavs!

the refs were terrible last night. LeBron has to hit that layup at the end of regulation though. Still think the Warriors win the series though. they haven't really played all that well and could hav stolen both games.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    gotta love the little irritant delladova....undrafted and thrust into this role....and he harrasses the living shit out of Curry. yeah, Curry was off, but Delladova had something to do with that. plus he hits a few runners and a couple of big free throws near the end.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    refs are turrible :grimacing:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    imalive said:

gotta love the little irritant delladova....undrafted and thrust into this role....and he harrasses the living shit out of Curry. yeah, Curry was off, but Delladova had something to do with that. plus he hits a few runners and a couple of big free throws near the end.

He brought it tonight. Much better series than I anticipated.
  • Options
    I meant della-VA-dova.

another crazy game....rooting for the Cavs but still think GS takes it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    imalive said:

I meant della-VA-dova.

another crazy game....rooting for the Cavs but still think GS takes it.

I like David Lee from his Knicks days. I just hope it's a good series.
  • Options
    I grew up in Ohio.....Cavs fans?.....jezzus.....it's Game 3.....settle down, just a little bit.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Can't believe Cavs are up 2-1. Lebron basically doing it on his own. I'm no Lebron fan, but gotta appreicate what he's doing right now. Impressive stuff.
  • Options
    C'mon Cavs!

Gotta win this one if you want to win the series.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

C'mon Cavs!

Gotta win this one if you want to win the series.

Doesn't look good.
  • Options
    The crowd was dead last night. Like "dead man walking" dead. You guys are up 2-1 against a heavy favorite! Golden State fans might be a bunch of posers, but shouldn't the Cleveland crowd match them on the poser scale? It's Cleveland for Pete's sake! It's not like the Indians are racking up a dynasty and the Cavs play second fiddle.

The basketball gods are not happy. Thy gods shall smote Cleveland by using JR Smith as their vessel. And by the end of the series, the term for taking a huge poop will be known as a "dellavedova"

• Options
    The Nature Boy couldn't even pump those sad sacks of shit up ...

screengrabber.deadspin.com/watch-nature-boy-ric-flair-attempt-to-pump-up-the-cle-1710782467
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Golden State fans are not posers. They are probably the most dedicated fan base in the NBA. Before this season the warriors have been the worst franchise in the NBA in terms of playoff appearances of the last 40 seasons. Yet the fan base is there always win or lose. Yes they can be annoying but seahawks fans we are not (show up when the team is good only). The fan base is just now getting attention for their rabidness.

And if the cavs want this to go to 7 they have to win Sunday. Its a quick turn around to Tuesdays game with travel. Now that Kerr finally decided to push the fact the cavs have no bench/are hurt and really push the pace he will not slow down. If the cavs lose game 5 the 6th game will be a blow out to win the series for GS.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Last night sucked... The Cavs were exhausted from the start and then the split open head didn't help. It's just Cleveland's luck to lose Andy, Love and Kyrie in the same year, putting it on LBJ's shoulders completely. Blatt has done a great job, but he really has no options but to play one way, and that is very limiting. It shows up in the 4th quarter as it has every game.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220

Golden State fans are not posers. They are probably the most dedicated fan base in the NBA.

Dedication:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOw95bLv1dQ
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    That was one jack ass fan. Every fan base has some jack asses. Give me any team in any sport and you can find some jack ass doing something wrong. Especially when the team gets good and the fan base grows from the band wagoners joining and thinking it is ok to act that way. If cleveland fans are trying to use this as some point against GS they are the posers.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    What was with that push in the back by Lebron last night? He needs to be above that. He probably learned from the king of cheap shots, Dwayne Wade.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

Golden State fans are not posers. They are probably the most dedicated fan base in the NBA. Before this season the warriors have been the worst franchise in the NBA in terms of playoff appearances of the last 40 seasons. Yet the fan base is there always win or lose. Yes they can be annoying but seahawks fans we are not (show up when the team is good only). The fan base is just now getting attention for their rabidness.

And if the cavs want this to go to 7 they have to win Sunday. Its a quick turn around to Tuesdays game with travel. Now that Kerr finally decided to push the fact the cavs have no bench/are hurt and really push the pace he will not slow down. If the cavs lose game 5 the 6th game will be a blow out to win the series for GS.

Seahawks fans = Posers

• Options
    I'm born and raised in Cleveland and am Ohio all the way through. I doubt any rational person is trying to paint the Bay area with this one dumb broad. I'm not. I love the Bay area, would live there in a minute. I'm not sure how this would make someone a poser.. it would just make them dumbbbb.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Jason P said:

The crowd was dead last night. Like "dead man walking" dead. You guys are up 2-1 against a heavy favorite! Golden State fans might be a bunch of posers, but shouldn't the Cleveland crowd match them on the poser scale? It's Cleveland for Pete's sake! It's not like the Indians are racking up a dynasty and the Cavs play second fiddle.

The basketball gods are not happy. Thy gods shall smote Cleveland by using JR Smith as their vessel. And by the end of the series, the term for taking a huge poop will be known as a "dellavedova"

The crowd got quiet after they went down big. That's what happens with every crowd. I know nothing about GS crowds and their energy for the last 10 years, but it's really hard to call anyone who roots for Cleveland a poser. If there is something we're not, it is fair weather fans. By the way, the pecking order in Cleveland is such:
    1. Browns
    2. Buckeyes football
    3. Tribe
    4. Cavs

Cleveland is a football town at its roots.
  • Options
    1 win away. I don't think game 6 will be close. Cleveland may hang in the first half like they did tonight but the injuries and lack of bench will undo them again. They just don't have the bodies to keep up with GS. Now its only a 2 day break with travel in between.

The beauty is with the cap increasing the Warriors can keep everyone together. Green gets paid this off season with the Warriors going into the tax. Next of fseason the cap goes up and will give them the money to resign Barnes without stiff penalties. Plus Lee's deal is finally going to end then and frees them up to go sign someone else as well. If they don't fuck this up they should be damn good for a while.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    cdysinge said:

your fans are fine.....stephan is a bit of a bitch....as an ohio boy, i gotta say GO CAVS! bring it to game 7 and lose.
    Post edited by Wobbie on

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

cdysinge said:

your fans are fine.....stephan is a bit of a bitch....as an ohio boy, i gotta say GO CAVS! bring it to game 7 and lose.
    God hates Cleveland so that is on the table. Lebron goes off in game 6 and wins it on his own. Game 7 Cavs have a big lead, Lebron runs out of gas in the 4th and Warriors come back to win it on a contested Curry 3 as the buzzer goes off. Cleveland teams do seem to find a way to stomach punch their fans.

I do feel for Cleveland fans as the work load Lebron is having will catch up at some point. I would like to see him bring a title home for Cleveland but not this season with the Warriors in it. Lebron doesn't have much time left playing at this level so it needs to happen in the next season or 2.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

imalive said:

cdysinge said:

God hates Cleveland so that is on the table. Lebron goes off in game 6 and wins it on his own. Game 7 Cavs have a big lead, Lebron runs out of gas in the 4th and Warriors come back to win it on a contested Curry 3 as the buzzer goes off. Cleveland teams do seem to find a way to stomach punch their fans.

I do feel for Cleveland fans as the work load Lebron is having will catch up at some point. I would like to see him bring a title home for Cleveland but not this season with the Warriors in it. Lebron doesn't have much time left playing at this level so it needs to happen in the next season or 2.
    I concur. Both fan bases "deserve" it, altho i might say the browns and indians fans habe suffered more. GO GAME 7!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The Cavs are set for at least five years, so long as Kyrie stays healthy. Cleveland is actually a young team once you are past Andy. Everyone else that gets PT is younger than Lebron. Next reg season LBJ will only play 30 minutes per game and save himself for the run. Cavs fans will be disappointed but they are ahead of schedule. The trades for Mozgov and Shumpert were fantastic and will pay dividends.
  • Options

is this as much of a sure thing as the 10+ point win for GS in Game 3? :confounded:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Game 3 was Lebron teeing off in the same game Curry went ice cold. This one is based on simple exhaustion and the fact the Cavs just dont have the bodies to keep up anymore. That is what shifted the series, not the small lineup. Cavs have been getting blown out in the 4th when Lebron's minutes and work load catch up. Unless he started with Roids or HGH that wont change.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Reporter: "do you think you guys have a chance to take this to a game 7?"
    LeBron James: "yes, I do. Because I'm the best player in the world."

He can say it.
  • Options
    Lebron should get MVP of series no matter what happens. This has to go down as one of the best series ever by a player. Too bad Love and Irvin are out. To win a championship you need to be good and lucky. Warriors looked to have hit both this season.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle