Options

NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Interesting trade scenario on the internet today, Celtics might want Thompson. With the 1.2 billion it would cost the Warriors to keep everyone together for 4 years, would the Warriors move him for the 1st pick in the draft (plus some other picks/pieces on both sides)?

Warriors by 6 tonight.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Sweep is coming. That was the Cavs best game. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    the closing 11-0 run was horrible on the Cavs part....defense sucked and lebron tries to turn into assist guy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Wobbie said:
    the closing 11-0 run was horrible on the Cavs part....defense sucked and lebron tries to turn into assist guy.
    I was sooooo disapointed in the Cavs and closing out that game last night.  

You have to score.  You can't miss shots then let the opposing team drain 3's.

You shouldn't change your game plan at the end.  Keep attacking.  Why is Lebron the damn PG now?
  • Options
    The final run at the end of the game was not a shock. Lue is a horrible coach and Lebron needs to realize he isn't 25 anymore. Kerr made sure Curry and Durant got rest at start of 4th so they would have fresh legs to close it out. Lebron needs to sit on the bench for more than a minute at a time. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    The final run at the end of the game was not a shock. Lue is a horrible coach and Lebron needs to realize he isn't 25 anymore. Kerr made sure Curry and Durant got rest at start of 4th so they would have fresh legs to close it out. Lebron needs to sit on the bench for more than a minute at a time. 
    There in lies the problem.  Either Lue isn't doing the coaching or he and Lebron are both on the same page and are both coaching wrong.

Same old Cavs team now.  Every game they start off slow and get momentum then fizzle at the end.
  • Options
    I don't know what the Cavs do at this point to get better. Do they keep the band together knowing Lebron is reaching the end of his peak and will need more help. Love has turned into a 3 point spot shooter on this team. He is not worth what the Cavs are paying him. Very good player being paid as a #1 option. Thompson is also making too much for what he does. Cavs have a lot of bad salary thanks to Lebron the GM.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Only today off between games... man if 2 days isn't enough rest for the Cavs, they're doomed.
  • Options
    I don't know what the Cavs do at this point to get better. Do they keep the band together knowing Lebron is reaching the end of his peak and will need more help. Love has turned into a 3 point spot shooter on this team. He is not worth what the Cavs are paying him. Very good player being paid as a #1 option. Thompson is also making too much for what he does. Cavs have a lot of bad salary thanks to Lebron the GM.
    If Thompson plays like how he has in the past then he would be worth the money but he doesn't play like that every day.

Love is doing all the little things that makes him great.  What I haven't seen from him is the 90' fastbreak passes.  Man can he pass the ball.

They need to have Kyrie drive and kick out to Korver or Love on the perimeter and focus on 2nd chance points.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    If Thompson plays like how he has in the past then he would be worth the money but he doesn't play like that every day.

Love is doing all the little things that makes him great.  What I haven't seen from him is the 90' fastbreak passes.  Man can he pass the ball.

They need to have Kyrie drive and kick out to Korver or Love on the perimeter and focus on 2nd chance points.
    Love if acting as a perimeter guy is not a max player. His defense is below average. He needs to be playing point forward much like Green does for the Warriors at times. Like Love played for the Wolves when he was there. If you just want him standing around the 3 point line waiting for a kick out then dump him for a 3 and D guy that would make less than he does. Korver is a massive defensive liability. That Cavs bench got toasted at the end of the 1st which led to Lebron coming back in after a minute of rest. The Cavs put together a team that has too many liabilities and can't find cohesive units. I blame Lebron for that. You can hide a bad defensive player, you cannot hide 3 of them on the court at the same time.  
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 614
    I love the narrative of LeBron the underdog, poor LeBron. What a joke, the guy has basically dictated every decision the Cavs have made for the past 3 seasons. To his credit it worked and they have a title but now they lose and it’s “Poor LeBron doesn’t have enough help”. Maybe don’t trade Wiggins for Love and they would have had an elite, athletic wing who would have likely developed into an outstanding defender. Don’t force the Cavs to sign Tristan Thompson just because his agent his part of your inner circle. Also does anyone really think he would have come back to Ohio if they didn’t have Kyrie and a #1 pick in hand? I don’t fault players for playing where they want to, but he came home because it was a great situation, not because he’s Mr. Ohio and cares so much about those poor fans. Somehow Durant is the new NBA villain though because he took a new job in a better city, with better co-workers, less responsibility and more chances at team success. Oh and for essentially the same pay. Any of us working in the private sector would jump at a better opportunity but in professional sports it’s not acceptable.

As for LeBron’s game it’s flawed. All Time great no doubt but show me his highlight reel of final 3 minutes clutch plays in his 8 Finals appearances. It doesn’t exist. Minus two clutch 3’s by Ray Allen and Kyrie (LeBron didn’t even assist on either) he’d be starting down 1-7 in the NBA Finals. He’s not in the same league as a closer as Bird, Jordan or Kobe. Even Reggie Miller, Dwayne Wade, Isiah Thomas or Akeem for that matter. Being clutch counts and in Game 7 last season and last night he’s gone scoreless in the 8 biggest minutes in Cavs history.

06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    Kevin Durant is pretty good.

Loved seeing Iguodala block the "King" at the end to seal it. Entertaining game.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    double post
    agreed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I love the narrative of LeBron the underdog, poor LeBron. What a joke, the guy has basically dictated every decision the Cavs have made for the past 3 seasons. To his credit it worked and they have a title but now they lose and it’s “Poor LeBron doesn’t have enough help”. Maybe don’t trade Wiggins for Love and they would have had an elite, athletic wing who would have likely developed into an outstanding defender. Don’t force the Cavs to sign Tristan Thompson just because his agent his part of your inner circle. Also does anyone really think he would have come back to Ohio if they didn’t have Kyrie and a #1 pick in hand? I don’t fault players for playing where they want to, but he came home because it was a great situation, not because he’s Mr. Ohio and cares so much about those poor fans. Somehow Durant is the new NBA villain though because he took a new job in a better city, with better co-workers, less responsibility and more chances at team success. Oh and for essentially the same pay. Any of us working in the private sector would jump at a better opportunity but in professional sports it’s not acceptable.

As for LeBron’s game it’s flawed. All Time great no doubt but show me his highlight reel of final 3 minutes clutch plays in his 8 Finals appearances. It doesn’t exist. Minus two clutch 3’s by Ray Allen and Kyrie (LeBron didn’t even assist on either) he’d be starting down 1-7 in the NBA Finals. He’s not in the same league as a closer as Bird, Jordan or Kobe. Even Reggie Miller, Dwayne Wade, Isiah Thomas or Akeem for that matter. Being clutch counts and in Game 7 last season and last night he’s gone scoreless in the 8 biggest minutes in Cavs history.

Beautiful post!  And with that, I'll just leave this here in regards to Mr. "I'm Averaging a Triple Double in the Finals, I'm ok.":

• Options

Beautiful post!  And with that, I'll just leave this here in regards to Mr. "I'm Averaging a Triple Double in the Finals, I'm ok.":

Great posts from both of you.

I personally watched Lebron fall off a cliff in the 4th quarter this series.  I thought for sure he'd be killing it...
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    congrats to NBA champions, The Warriors.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429

Great posts from both of you.

I personally watched Lebron fall off a cliff in the 4th quarter this series.  I thought for sure he'd be killing it...
    Playing 46 minutes doesn't help his cause. But, when he was out for those 2 minutes the Cavs were outscored 12-0. Lue has no choice but to play him that many minutes, but it does hurt him down the stretch. Damn if you do and damn if you don't. 

I don't see how you can blame James for making great passes to Love, who couldn't make a layup, and then to a wide open Korver, who's one of the best all-time 3 point shooters, and misses the shot. Hell, that's what teammates are for(just ask Jordan when he passed to players like kerr and Paxson for game WINNING shots)

And what the hell was Kyrie Irving doing dribbling the shot clock down when you HAVE to get the 2-for-1 ther? I couldn't believe he did that. Basketball 101.

But, with all of those problems with the Cavs, it really doesn't matter. This Warriors team is just TOO GOOD!!  Warriors have so many weapons that even if 2 players are having off nights, the other 2 or 3 players will be on ther game.  Plus, ther role players chip in too for the few minutes they get. Who's gonna beat them in the next 2-3 years?
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 614
    I get that LeBron is having to play ridiculous minutes. He obviously has to. But the Cavs don't need to play at the Warriors pace for 48 minutes a night. Slow it down occasionally and maybe they would have something left in the 4th quarter. That's how they won last year and kept it competitive in 2015. It's like some kind of ego thing or something and it's not working. If LeBron went to Lue and said let's slow the pace which is the ONLY chance they have I'm pretty sure Lue would listen. But LeBron wants to try to beat the Warriors and their own game and it's probably headed for a sweep because of it. Reminds me of how the Steelers play the same stupid zone every time they face Brady and the Pats. If you can't change your philosophy even a little to matchup with your opponent you don't deserve to be competitive. The Cavs with LeBron on the block, slowing the game down would have given the Warriors a serious challenge and that's coming from probably the biggest Warriors fan on this board. The fact that they would rather fight fire with fire is an all time strategic blunder. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    I get that LeBron is having to play ridiculous minutes. He obviously has to. But the Cavs don't need to play at the Warriors pace for 48 minutes a night. Slow it down occasionally and maybe they would have something left in the 4th quarter. That's how they won last year and kept it competitive in 2015. It's like some kind of ego thing or something and it's not working. If LeBron went to Lue and said let's slow the pace which is the ONLY chance they have I'm pretty sure Lue would listen. But LeBron wants to try to beat the Warriors and their own game and it's probably headed for a sweep because of it. Reminds me of how the Steelers play the same stupid zone every time they face Brady and the Pats. If you can't change your philosophy even a little to matchup with your opponent you don't deserve to be competitive. The Cavs with LeBron on the block, slowing the game down would have given the Warriors a serious challenge and that's coming from probably the biggest Warriors fan on this board. The fact that they would rather fight fire with fire is an all time strategic blunder. 
    I said this for the first two games.  Cavs changed their game plan...  Third game it seemed like they got it together then that ship went down...
  • Options
    Warriors by 14 tonight. I think the Cavs come out hot and build a lead a 10 point lead early. Warriors work it back to a tie game at half and then throttle them half way through the 3rd.  
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Warriors by 14 tonight. I think the Cavs come out hot and build a lead a 10 point lead early. Warriors work it back to a tie game at half and then throttle them half way through the 3rd.  
    Cavs I think will win the next two games.  They won't go out like that.  This IS their MO.  I don't think Lebron has ever dominated a series.  Always a come from behind situation.
  • Options
    That was pre-Durant. The difference between last year and this is Durant. Warriors showed last game when Lebron/Irving go off they can now match them. Last year in those final 3 games when Curry/Thompson went cold or couldn't get a shot off Warriors had no answer. Now they have the answer. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Cavs don't loose tonight..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    no sweep
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I bet they find the brooms in the ref's lounge.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    The whole technical thing is pretty bizarre.  It kind of seems like bullshit..
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    I think this is dead wrong.  You have to keep the Warriors on their heels defensively.  That's when they panic and commit fouls in the open court.  If you let them set their defense, you become a jump shooting team.  The right move is to push the pace.  Fatigue becomes a factor in the 4th obviously, but you can't run set offenses against them consistently. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    mrussel1 said:
    The whole technical thing is pretty bizarre.  It kind of seems like bullshit..
    Yeah I don't know what the hell that was all about.  That referee crew was all around awful last night.
  • Options
    Cavs will win the next game too. 

Ill continue with with this prediction of cavs with two in a row.