NBA Thread now in 2015

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Can we just skip ahead to Cavs-Warriors already.  These playoffs have been awful.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    23scidoo said:
    Wobbie said:
    lebron is clowning these guys.
    is anyone can stop him??
    Not in the complete joke that is the Eastern Conference.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    23scidoo said:
    Wobbie said:
    is anyone can stop him??
    You could put him on any team in the west and it'd be same thing.

Everyone has been complaining about his "killer instinct"?  Yeah, I think he's found it...
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    23scidoo said:
    Wobbie said:
    is anyone can stop him??

Everyone has been complaining about his "killer instinct"?  Yeah, I think he's found it...
    First time we agree!!..thats the point, let him score 40-45, i don't care..do a good job on the others..score more easy..
    tonight is the key game..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:
    Wobbie said:
    is anyone can stop him??

Probably would've been eliminated by the Mavs, Spurs, or Warriors at least once in the last 6 years.  Oh wait, he was!  By all three!
    23scidoo said:
    Wobbie said:
    is anyone can stop him??

Probably would've been eliminated by the Mavs, Spurs, or Warriors at least once in the last 6 years.  Oh wait, he was!  By all three!
    aaaaand he's also beat all those teams in the finals too sans the Mavs.  They caught lightning in a bottle that series...
    23scidoo said:
    Wobbie said:
    is anyone can stop him??

aaaaand he's also beat all those teams in the finals too sans the Mavs.  They caught lightning in a bottle that series...
    Point is, put him in the Western Conference and it wouldn't be the same thing.  There's actually competition over there.  The EC is a joke.
    23scidoo said:
    Wobbie said:
    is anyone can stop him??

Point is, put him in the Western Conference and it wouldn't be the same thing.  There's actually competition over there.  The EC is a joke.
    No true about Lebron.  Put him on any WC team and it's instant title contender.  He's that good.
    23scidoo said:
    Wobbie said:
    is anyone can stop him??

No true about Lebron.  Put him on any WC team and it's instant title contender.  He's that good.
    Not denying that.  Just saying it's a hell of a lot easier to get thru the East than the West.  Put Lebron in the West I have no doubt his team makes the playoffs, even wins a Championship or 3, but it's highly unlikely he makes 6 (soon to be 7) straight finals appearances.  And if he did manage to pull that off, he'd have 6 or 7 straight Championships because he'd be facing trash Eastern Conference teams in the Finals.  Hard to deny that the Spurs, Warriors, Thunder, & Rockets would ALL roll over any other Eastern Conf team that Lebron doesn't play for.
    23scidoo said:
    Wobbie said:
    is anyone can stop him??

Not denying that.  Just saying it's a hell of a lot easier to get thru the East than the West.  Put Lebron in the West I have no doubt his team makes the playoffs, even wins a Championship or 3, but it's highly unlikely he makes 6 (soon to be 7) straight finals appearances.  And if he did manage to pull that off, he'd have 6 or 7 straight Championships because he'd be facing trash Eastern Conference teams in the Finals.  Hard to deny that the Spurs, Warriors, Thunder, & Rockets would ALL roll over any other Eastern Conf team that Lebron doesn't play for.
    Thunder and Rockets would be fun to watch in the east but they aren't even on par with the warriors and Spurs.  Those two teams are still a few parts short.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    There's no one in the West that's very good other than GS when Leonard went down.  This isn't a hard road for the warriors. 
    mrussel1 said:
    There's no one in the West that's very good other than GS when Leonard went down.  This isn't a hard road for the warriors. 
    I agree with this.

Wondering what free agency will do the next few years?  Shake things up some?

Wall, Griffin, George, Paul, Hayward...

Things might get interesting!
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19422301
    Stephen A hits on what @mrussel1 was saying and I agree.

If this is the product the NBA is giving it's bad, BUT if the great NBA teams play half/assed through out the regular season then this is what the game is.

You can draft all you want like the 76ers, Clippers and Brooklyn and still won't go anywhere...
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Celtics gonna need more free draft picks!

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    At this point they should cancel the rest of the conference finals and go straight into the NBA finals ...
    I think the Celtics made my point Friday night.  The East is fucking trash.  A 1-seed losing by 40+.  What a fucking joke.
    I think the Celtics made my point Friday night.  The East is fucking trash.  A 1-seed losing by 40+.  What a fucking joke.
    How is the West materially better?  I don't think you've made the point.  The issue is that there's a super team out west and east.  No one had a chance against either of them.  
    mrussel1 said:
    How is the West materially better?  I don't think you've made the point.  The issue is that there's a super team out west and east.  No one had a chance against either of them.  
    Cavs, GS and Spurs.  Everyone else is a second class citizen.

Who is the next best player in the east?
    mrussel1 said:

Spurs lose Leonard and they fall apart.  How are they a great team with that?  I'm not arguing that seeds 2-4 are better or equal in the East, but what's really the difference who has a better #3 when they don't have a chance to get by the Cavs or Warriors?  It's completely irrelevant who has better second class citizens.
    mrussel1 said:
    why is this happening??..its matter of money, of picks, of what??..

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lots of theories... one is that after the Dream Team in 92, the players started to get to know each other better and don't hate each other like they did in previous generations.  They hang out in the summer, vacation, etc. and so the relationships have changed.  Couple that with the obscene money they make both in contracts and endorsements, and it gives them the flexibility to take less to play together.  Golden State lucked into their situation because they don't have four max contracts.  Curry and Green are on relatively small contracts.  We'll see if they stay together. Plus...players want to win championships.  It's funny how in baseball the criticism is that the players are chasing the money, not the WS ring.  But NBA players are being criticized for the opposite.  
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:

Lots of theories... one is that after the Dream Team in 92, the players started to get to know each other better and don't hate each other like they did in previous generations.  They hang out in the summer, vacation, etc. and so the relationships have changed.  Couple that with the obscene money they make both in contracts and endorsements, and it gives them the flexibility to take less to play together.  Golden State lucked into their situation because they don't have four max contracts.  Curry and Green are on relatively small contracts.  We'll see if they stay together. Plus...players want to win championships.  It's funny how in baseball the criticism is that the players are chasing the money, not the WS ring.  But NBA players are being criticized for the opposite.  
    Thanks for the info..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Spurs lose Leonard and they fall apart.  How are they a great team with that?  I'm not arguing that seeds 2-4 are better or equal in the East, but what's really the difference who has a better #3 when they don't have a chance to get by the Cavs or Warriors?  It's completely irrelevant who has better second class citizens.
    Take Lebron off the Cavs same thing.  

Golden State loses Curry same thing.  Everything facilitates through him.
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:

Well for a while in MLB it was a win/win with joining the Yankees.  You got both money and a championship.

I agree with GS getting very lucky.  Spurs were very lucky with their drafting also.  Robinson, Duncan, Parker, Ginoboli, hell Leonard they picked up from the D league, he wasn't even drafted.

I also agreeing with the players getting more friendly and wanting to play with each other.  Watch old interviews with Bird, Magic, Jordan, Barkley and they all say the same thing, "I didn't want to be on their team, I wanted to compete against them"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mrussel1 said:

maybe the greek freak?

sure as fuck isn't paul george.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:

I would also add in that the players get to know each other at a very early age now, because of the AAU Circuit. AAU is , for the most part,  National now so the players get to know each other in HS. Also with Social Media to stay in constant  contact. 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:

Well for a while in MLB it was a win/win with joining the Yankees.  You got both money and a championship.

I agree with GS getting very lucky.  Spurs were very lucky with their drafting also.  Robinson, Duncan, Parker, Ginoboli, hell Leonard they picked up from the D league, he wasn't even drafted.

I also agreeing with the players getting more friendly and wanting to play with each other.  Watch old interviews with Bird, Magic, Jordan, Barkley and they all say the same thing, "I didn't want to be on their team, I wanted to compete against them"
    Yes, the Spurs did get Lucky on some of those players. Unless, it was great scouting? 

Leonard was the 15th pick by the Pacers in the First round. He was traded to the Spurs in the George Hill deal, on draft night
    I WANT MY STICKER!!!!!!..LOL..
    no i don't..you know Tempo..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:

maybe the greek freak?

sure as fuck isn't paul george.
    Hope he is Wobbie..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

mrussel1 said:
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:

NBA in the 80s & 90s - "To be the man, you gotta beat the man."
    NBA in the 00s & 10s - "If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em."