Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Watch the Cavs. They are making some signings soon!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602

Watch the Cavs. They are making some signings soon!

They're done.. DWill and Bogut.

Now the Warriors top four are a little better (maybe) than the Cavs top four (with TT being the #4 and the weak spot). But now when you look at the rosters, I think the Cavs are significantly deeper than the Warriors are. Look at the roster once JR and Love are back healthy. They will be so versatile in their matchups with no weak spots.
  • mrussel1 said:

Now the Warriors top four are a little better (maybe) than the Cavs top four (with TT being the #4 and the weak spot). But now when you look at the rosters, I think the Cavs are significantly deeper than the Warriors are. Look at the roster once JR and Love are back healthy. They will be so versatile in their matchups with no weak spots.
    I was surprised at how much JR was missed on the cavs.

The finals will be a good one to watch but I still look for San Antonio to quite possibly be a spoiler.

mrussel1 said:

I was surprised at how much JR was missed on the cavs.

The finals will be a good one to watch but I still look for San Antonio to quite possibly be a spoiler.
    Most people don't realize what a strong on ball defender Smith became in Cleveland. He was lazy in NY but you can't be lazy with Lebron and he is more valuable on the defensive end than the offense today. We have plenty of fire power from the outside. And I would love to play San Antonio, just because I despise the punk Warriors.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Jazz!!!!' :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Wobbie said:

Jazz!!!!' :lol:

:triumph:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Grade 2 MCL for Durant. Out indefinitely. They signed Barnes and dumped the Calderon plan, so that tells you it will be some time. I wouldn't be surprised if this stretches into the at least the second round.
    The Warriors sacrificed a lot of depth to sign Durant.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    mrussel1 said:

Grade 2 MCL for Durant. Out indefinitely. They signed Barnes and dumped the Calderon plan, so that tells you it will be some time. I wouldn't be surprised if this stretches into the at least the second round.
    The Warriors sacrificed a lot of depth to sign Durant.

With the Cavs making the moves that they did there is no way GS wins without KD.
    Oh and remember my Spurs "spoiler" comment? That may come true.
    I agree... Spurs...
    Is everyone in agreement on here that there are really only 3 teams to worry about in the NBA?

Cavs, Golden State and the Spurs.

Is everyone in agreement on here that there are really only 3 teams to worry about in the NBA?

Yes.. plus SA is only four games back for home court. That could be important. I think it's unlikely he plays before the postseason.
    Rockets? No? :confounded:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:

Rockets and JH need to prove they can show up in the playoffs. Don't count out the Clips either. Durant being down in the playoffs really opens things up. Golden State's bench is not what it was. They sacrificed a lot.
    I'm counting the Clips out. :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

Nets?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Wobbie said:

No Jazz???
    Poncier said:

Nets?
    mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

No Jazz???
    These are meant as jokes, right?
    Wobbie said:

Harden and the Rockets remind me of the Iverson team that went to the finals. A one man band unfortunately...

Celtics, same thing.

Poncier said:

Nets?
    mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

No Jazz???
    Well the Jazz are in first place, so give some credit. But I was mostly saying it for Wobbie's benefit.
    mrussel1 said:

Poncier said:

Nets?
    mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

No Jazz???
    Well the Jazz are in first place, so give some credit. But I was mostly saying it for Wobbie's benefit.
    They are also behind the Warriors, Spurs and Rockets and just above the Grizzlies and Clippers.

I really think there are 3 teams and then there's everyone else. The sports talk stations can create hype all they want but at the end of the day there isn't much to talk about.

I'd like to see more Kawhi!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i think it's pretty wide open this year ... there's a decent chance that durant is done for the season ... cleveland has to be favoured this year as their path to the finals a bit easier then in the west ... although I think washington and toronto aren't gonna be cake walks ...
    mrussel1 said:

Poncier said:

Nets?
    mrussel1 said:

Wobbie said:

No Jazz???
    the jazz might win a first round series. if they do, it's a step in the right direction. not quite sure what the ceiling is for this team. if they can re-sign hayward and hill, and keep guys healthy.....?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    polaris_x said:

i think it's pretty wide open this year ... there's a decent chance that durant is done for the season ... cleveland has to be favoured this year as their path to the finals a bit easier then in the west ... although I think washington and toronto aren't gonna be cake walks ...

Washington has Wall and who else?

You need to have more than just one great player now a days.

polaris_x said:

Beal, Gortat, Otto Porter, Bogdonavich (sp?)

They have a solid team. I don't think Polaris is saying they are contenders, but it won't be a cake walk for Cleveland either. The Wizards play Cleveland tough all the time. Raptors need Kyle Lowry back...
    mrussel1 said:

polaris_x said:

Beal, Gortat, Otto Porter, Bogdonavich (sp?)

They have a solid team. I don't think Polaris is saying they are contenders, but it won't be a cake walk for Cleveland either. The Wizards play Cleveland tough all the time. Raptors need Kyle Lowry back...
    The Jets play the Patriots hard every match up too...

The Wizards aren't nearly the caliber of NBA team that can compete and that list of the other players on the team are good role players but not enough to carry them far.

I've mentioned this before and wonder if Wall is capable of playing with another superstar?
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 612
    Wow is the internet a scary place these days, constant misreporting on every front. I've read everything from Durant is out for the season to he'll be back for the Spurs game on the 29th. In reality he's likely out 6-8 weeks depending on how he recovers. Read GM Bob Myers full report and not click bait garbage. Worse case scenario he's back at the start of the 2nd round. If the Warriors can hold onto the 1 seed it's irrelevant because the 8 seed in the West this season is going to be a glorified scrimmage. Spurs have a decent shot at catching them though. Both remaining games are in San Antonio and if the Spurs win 1 of those they have the tie breaker.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 

Wow is the internet a scary place these days, constant misreporting on every front. I've read everything from Durant is out for the season to he'll be back for the Spurs game on the 29th. In reality he's likely out 6-8 weeks depending on how he recovers. Read GM Bob Myers full report and not click bait garbage. Worse case scenario he's back at the start of the 2nd round. If the Warriors can hold onto the 1 seed it's irrelevant because the 8 seed in the West this season is going to be a glorified scrimmage. Spurs have a decent shot at catching them though. Both remaining games are in San Antonio and if the Spurs win 1 of those they have the tie breaker.

I think Andrew Bynum had a similar injury and he was out 12 weeks. I think it's a lock that it's the rest of the season but I don't know that he'll be back for the first round. We shall see....
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 612
    mrussel1 said:

I think Andrew Bynum had a similar injury and he was out 12 weeks. I think it's a lock that it's the rest of the season but I don't know that he'll be back for the first round. We shall see....
    Are you kidding me? Andrew Bynum was one of the laziest wastes of NBA talent ever. I wouldn't compare him to KD in any way shape or form. Andrew Bogut had a similar injury last season and was playing in the Olympics 6 weeks later. Everyone heals at different rates, usually the best players faster because they actually take care of their bodies and are superior athletes. Look at Curry last season, everyone thought he was finished. I could probably go back and read quotes from this very thread saying as much. While he was never truly himself nobody seemed to notice when he dropped something like 17 points in OT on his first game back or when he dominated Westbrook in Games 5,6 and 7 of the WCF. He has a mediocre Finals and suddenly it was because he was hurt, its BS and that's coming from a Warriors fan. Give Kyrie credit for playing great basketball. I hate that nobody gets credit for anything anymore, it's always about so and so choked or so and so was hurt. It gets old after a while.

Also I love the narrative that the Warriors bench is so much weaker. Once again not factual, just like they don't play defense when they lead the NBA in most defensive metrics.

Speaking of their bench yes I would take last years bench if you could freeze them in time. But this seasons bench is crushing last years bench based on this season...

- Igoudala - Actually playing better than last season, more efficient. Better plus/minus.
    - Livingston - Having his best season ever.
    - McGee - Obviously a huge upgrade over Festus who's injured and nearly single handedly loss Game 7 with his horrific foul of LeBron's 3 pointer and other awful play throughout the playoffs.
    - Ian Clark - Averaging more points than Barbosa this season on better shooting % and plays superior defense.
    - David West - Doesn't have Speights shooting range but he's better in every other facet of the game. Is shooting 10% better than Mo this season as well. Way better team defender.
    - Matt Barnes - Basically an upgrade over Brandon Rush, better defense and basketball IQ by a large margin.
    - Looney, McAdoo, McCaw - All young players that are better than a year ago. McCaw was a steal in this years draft.
    - Zaza - Not a bench guy but way more reliable than Bogut at this point. Actually makes his free throws and can hit a shot from outside 2 feet.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21,