Options

Azkena Rock Festival

shmikeshmike Posts: 216
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Anyone know where exactly this festival is being held in Spain?

I know its the Bilbao area but how easy is it to access from nearby airports, towns etc?

Also who else is playing?

Any information appreciated....
Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bumpity...
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • Options
    ScotInAmsterdamScotInAmsterdam Posts: 1,004
    I'm going to Barcelona and since it's the next day... I thought I;d go there too... but having looked at train times... it's really difficult. Unless you can travel through the night... it's a struggle. It's ina town called Vitoria gastiez near Bilbao.. the only site I can find is:

http://WWW.Azkenarockfestival.com/
  • Options
    ~Thanks, I found that site...was thinking bout going as well (almost certainly going to Barca)

What I really want is tickets for Milan and Verona....effin website crashed when I had both in my basket...now sold out....:(
    And 2007 - Wembley

• Options
    Can't help for italy tickets...

I reckon the only way to get from Barca to Azkena is to travel through the night.. if you work out a way to do that other than hitching a lift on PJ's bus, then let me know... I also have a flight to catch on the way back on the sunday... so straight after the festival I would need to be getting on some type of transport... maybe I;m making assumptions... but I don;t think Spanish public transport will be able to get me around like that.
  • Options
    shit...flights to Barca from UK are xpensive !!
    And 2007 - Wembley

• Options
    Try Ryanair to girona..
  • Options
    have done...still over £100
    And 2007 - Wembley

• Options
    looks like it gets complicated then....

try to get to another european city and then use:

http://www.vueling.com
  • Options
    its fukkin too expensive.....may have to give up my tickets...10c as well....:(
    And 2007 - Wembley

• Options
    AMENt TO THATAMENt TO THAT Posts: 541
    where do I get tickets?
  • Options
    where do I get tickets?

I don't think they're on sale yet... how on earth are you going to get to and from the Azkena rock festival if you are in barcelona the previous night. I think this has to be the toughest change on your journey...
  • Options
    AMENt TO THATAMENt TO THAT Posts: 541
    I don't think they're on sale yet... how on earth are you going to get to and from the Azkena rock festival if you are in barcelona the previous night. I think this has to be the toughest change on your journey...

Dude, you are talkin to a Norwegian ;) I'll find a way!
  • Options
    heyyyyyyyyy try ryanair to vitoria...is a new line and vitoria is where the azkena rock is going to be played. i think they are not too expensive :)
  • Options
    I can´t find day tickets anywhere for Saturday?
    DO I have to pay for the full 3 Days then? They only offer 3-day-tickets on that tick-tack-tickets page for 86 €.
    2006 :
    ASTORIA & COMPLETE EURO LEG & COMPLETE AUSSIE LEG

2008 :
    VANCOUVER 1&2; MSG 1&2; HARTFORD; MANSFIELD 1&2

2009:
    SEATTLE 1&2; VANCOUVER
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    shmike wrote:
    shit...flights to Barca from UK are xpensive !!
    It's still high season. I'm going in with Easyjet and back with BA, that worked out the cheapest. Booked 2 weeks ago though.

Re Vitoria, beside the fact I'm already doing a festival with Reading, it's a nightmare to get to, both from Barca and back to London.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I can´t find day tickets anywhere for Saturday?
    DO I have to pay for the full 3 Days then? They only offer 3-day-tickets on that tick-tack-tickets page for 86 €.
    Gitta, most festivals have only tickets for the whole thing, Reading is an exception not the rule. I'd wait to be sure that the bus is running if I were you.
  • Options
    sammersammer Posts: 71
    you can fly in by ryan air. if you're travelling along with the band,
    it's an hour and a half - two hours max. past the french border. between san sebastian and zaragoza.
    my advise is to make a quick stop in san sebastian/donostia it doesn't take you that long to get to vitoria from there. but maybe you will want to stay there, very beautiful city, vitoria is not bad aswell.
    i've been in basque country several times and it is worthy to stop in san sebastian.
    too bad I can't make it, guess i have to settle with antwerp, paris and berlin
    although i left my heart in the basque country.
    2006: antwerp, paris, berlin

2007: nijmegene werchter

2009: rotterdam

2010: nijmegen, berlin, arras, werchter
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    i think there will be single day tickets for sale in early july
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---