Options

*** Brooklyn 1 Fanviews Here 10/18/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    tcadd94 wrote:

Nice to see Angry Ed back! Where ya been, buddy? He broke the stage with his mic stand. Put a hole in the floor. :lol:

Oh, and btw, if you've never seen Chloe/Crown or Sleight of Hand, I highly recommend it.

What song did Angry Ed make an appearance! Glad to hear he's alive and well! :lol:

All night to be honest. It peaked during The usual spots Porch, RVM, but he was there all night. Even stuff like Daughter was "angrier," whatever that means. :lol: I don't remember exact song he put his mic stand into the stage. It was toward end, so I will guess Porch, but I could be mistaken.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    meme wrote:

I was, row eight near the visiting team benches for basketball.

I was 3-4 people to your right. You looked familiar, but I didn't realize how I had met you (a few years back) until I saw your screen name :)

Also, here are some of my highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGAVQWnmdT0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYdn6s9r7ac
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq81H3f9A4M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvMhijaVsQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJANgWTPqvo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9LKwmP7LrM

so you were next to those two guys (the heavy guy and the guy with grey/white hair) that were smoking at various points?

I was!
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Two words for the reason the venue is ruined....MILEY CYRUS!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Two words it's not - Kevin Garnett.

Yes! As a life long Celtics fan, I find myself rooting for The Nets this year. I want nothing more than for Pierce and Garnett to have as many rings as Ray Allen. I would prefer they have more, but I'll settle for an equal amount.
  • Options
    vickisomoyavickisomoya Seattle, WA Posts: 184
    Yeah Angry ED...It looked like he was throwing a hissy fit the way a little kid would do. He stomped around during ALIVE and tried to channel it into the song....which he did. It reminded me so much of those days when he used to be so irate singing Blood just coming out of his bowels....but this anger was different. Seemed maybe the tech issues during the night were just adding up and so he had to blow off....I was behind stage ( in the b&w shirt rocking out so hard) and I was watching Olivia watching and wondering if she's ever seen him get mad like that before....just a thought. Hey we're all human! Amazing night!! LOVE YOU ED!!!! xoxo

oh also can I just say it pisses me off when people don't even take the time to read the lyrics and listen to what he is saying and then stand there during the show bored because they don't know the new songs... their ignorance is at what is I think Eddie's best writing ever....... I mean what do you think Swallowed Whole is even about?? The world is in a scary place....we're selling our soul. It's time for us to get together and WAKE the fuck UP!!
    take the reigns and
    steer us towards the clear here
    I know it's already been sung
    but it can't be said enough
    ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,886
    edited October 2013
    Awesome show. I was down in ga thanks to my Italian friend and some sexy Greek guy. A million thanks to both. Release blew my mind. Corduroy was rocking. The band had tons of energy. Why go mid set was perfect. Mym live is stellar; it seems line they be been playin it since ten. It was angry and tight! Lol. That just doesn't t sound right lol

Rvm to close the first set was perfect. Oceans, my god. I couldn't t believe it. Then the only real slow part of the night for me: sleight of hand. I think it ansolutely killed the crowd.
    Porch was crazy. Swinging green bulbs in all directions and Ed s hand getting stuck on the rope. Oh, yellow moon was gorgeous.
    All in all a wonderful show with a great Friday night crowd. Let s shake that stage tonight!!!!

Oh, and a slowed down dte, much like the album version. Kick ass!!
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    http://louispulice.wordpress.com/2013/1 ... and-video/

feel free to enjoy a few fan photos!
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Awesomely Epic Show, my 40th. Section 125. The real fans came to ROCK last night, as did the Band, and that more than made up for the poseurs and hipsters who just wanted to text to their friends that they were at the show.

Damn great and intense energy from every member of the band tonight! Stone was pogoing again!! Mike is GOD, Jeff and Matt are the fucking heartbeat of this band...I hope they felt the heat from the audience like I wanted them to. Eddie was as strong as ever, angry or not.

The songs? From my favorite new opener Pendulum, to Chloe/Crown ... Sleight of Hand, Release and Oceans in the same show?

Just when I think I've seen it all from this band, and I have seen a few things in my 40 shows, from winning the lottery and sitting front row center, to traveling across half of Canada in 2005 (following Jason and the boys on the Touring Van), to the last 4 nights at the Spectrum in 2009, to PJ20 weekend in 2011, to Wembley Arena in 2007, to Amsterdam in 2012 and London Ontario in 2013, this night ranks among the very best.

I didn't even mention how many friends I have made in that time...it was great to see so many of them sharing the love of this music with me last night.
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    Awesome show. I was down in ga thanks to my Italian friend and some sexy Greek guy. A million thanks to both. Release blew my mind. Corduroy was rocking. The band had tons of energy. Why go mid set was perfect. Mym live is stellar; it seems line they be been playin it since ten. It was angry and tight! Lol. That just doesn't t sound right lol

Rvm to close the first set was perfect. Oceans, my god. I couldn't t believe it. Then the only real slow part of the night for me: sleight of hand. I think it ansolutely killed the crowd.
    Porch was crazy. Swinging green bulbs in all directions and Ed s hand getting stuck on the rope. Oh, yellow moon was gorgeous.
    All in all a wonderful show with a great Friday night crowd. Let s shake that stage tonight!!!!

Oh, and a slowed down dte, much like the album version. Kick ass!!

Awesome but have to disagree on Sleight. Other than Chloe that was the highlight. Nice to see PJ can play like that. Just an incredible mood especially at the tail of Oceans-Yellow Moon. Those 3 songs were just :shock: just total space out and just sway to the sounds. :ugeek:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    NYCPJ wrote:
    Great show. Fantastic set. The songs really had a great flow - loved the placement of Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns in the first set, and Oceans to start the encores! Cant wait to see what they do tomorrow night!!

DIdnt have great seats for photos, but a few came out ok:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/set ... 707156434/

These are great. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks! i appreciate it.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    meme wrote:
    Where do I start?! Well, this was my 18th show and I have never, EVER heard them sound this good in an indoor venue.
    The only thing that comes close was the 2006 in Verona, and they play fucking operas there!

Seriously, I have heard chords and layers I had never, ever heard. I was simply blown away. They could have played The Fixer on repeat and I would have been happy. But they didn't...

Pendulum sounds amazing. This is by far the show where Mike has been shining the most. The solos were otherworldly. I positively did not expect release after pendulum, so that was incredible.
    Corduroy, Given to Fly, Daughter... they may be staples, but they just always make me so happy...
    All the new songs were a joy to hear. Ed dedicated Infallible to Harper and Olivia... Awww.

As usual, Mister Vedder has a way of putting together setlists just for me. I needed to hear Why Go, and there it was.
    Have you ever noticed that the first chords of I am mine sound like the first chords of Hold On? Yeah, I nearly fainted there. Ed dedicated it to NJ. Had I been a Staten Island fan I would have been pretty pissed, but whatever :)

Everyone's jaws were on the floor during Eruption. Yes they were.

When Ed started saying:
    “This next song was written by someone everybody up here knew. I never met him but I think about him a lot, a lot, a lot. His name was Andrew Wood.” I sat down and everyone around me patted me on the back. You see, I had a Crown curse... 17 shows without, including AV. So I had given up on it. I was shell shocked. I had even thought about starting a thread on here: "Ed... no one died or is dying... but could you play it for me anyway?" He did. And as I said... he has a way of giving me songs when I need them. My marriage ended today, so that was pretty damn meaningful to hear: "Dreams like these must die"

I have no recollection of the rest of the show until RVM, which was awesome.

When Ed talked about waves and I saw they were sitting at the beginning of the first encore I thought: Shit, it's got to be Oceans! The first song I ever heard live. Fantastic.
    So was Yellow Moon, wow!

Just... what a beautiful show... what the hell are they going to play tomorrow?!

Apologies and kudos to my fellow 10clubbers in section F4. They were so incredibly nice and forgiving of my excessive enthusiasm. Perhaps the nicest crowd I have had around.

And this was my first show with my son, as if I needed another reason why it was so special.

Thank you PJ. You mean the world to me. You continue to carry me through. There's few other places I'd rather be than listening to your music live :)

See you tomorrow :)

THIS is why we are so devoted and love this fucking band so much. They have a way of touching our lives on such a deep and personal level. I am so happy for you Edsonnascimiento! I look forward to enjoying a similar experience in about a week.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,886
    I m just not a fan of sleight of hand, neither was anyone around me. But one song I don't like out of thirty plus is cool for me.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    LP115386 wrote:
    to answer some questions:

I made it to the outside merch booth at 4:15 and there was one Brooklyn bridge t-shirt left, size small

Ed was frustrated for most of the night, he kept looking over at someone on Stone's side. He was unhappy with the mic levels, mic feedback, two guitars crapping out on him, some bad tasting wine and he even showed frustration when he attempted to give the fan attending his 100th show a bottle of wine, he wound up throwing it because there was too much space between the stage and the railing...it seemed to add some extra angst to some songs which was a plus for us!

excellent overall show and a pleasing setlist, i'm so glad I was able to experience the band up close for the first time in GA, NOTHING beats being up close and seeing all the little things that go on which you would never know about from far away
    What, was it his time of the month or something?? It sounds like Eddie was acting like a spoiled brat or something. I'm kind of surprised he wasn't taking shit more in stride.... maybe he was drunk?? Maybe he was mad about the wine because they gave him water instead of wine - they cut him off. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    edited October 2013
    My seats were behind the stage and it’s stunning to see so many people with their energy directed towards the stage. Really incredible perspective. To feel even a small percentage of what the band feels every time they play a crowd that big is amazing.

Here are some pictures. If you were in GA, on the floor, or in any of the lower sections have fun playing Where’s Waldo and finding yourself. Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dqfsu/sets/72157636726057576/

Can't wait for tonight.
    Post edited by PJ212 on
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Ed was having trouble with his ear monitors all night gesturing angrily to the tech behind Stone. This seemed to come to a head during the second encore when he finally took them out and then pulled the wires and box through his shirt and threw it down. From my vantage point that was the cause of the anger and the wine bottle just happened to be a casualty of the monitor issue.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,850
    I hate to say it but... I don't think any other of the four shows I go to will beat last night. 2 of my top 5 needed were played, plus Release, Chloe and Crown, epic versions of Porch RVM and Save You, hearing lB stuff for first time ever, all from GA

Btw Got Some is a PJ classic to me after last night
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,850
    PJ212 wrote:
    My seats were behind the stage and it’s stunning to see so many people with their energy directed towards the stage. Really incredible perspective. To feel even a small percentage of what the band feels every time they play a crowd that big is amazing.

Here are some pictures. If you were in GA, on the floor, or in any of the lower sections have fun playing Where’s Waldo and finding yourself. Enjoy.

Can't wait for tonight.

I see myself in plenty of those pics :shock:

Thanks for posting
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542
    PJ212 wrote:

Can't wait for tonight.
    Wow, those are really great photos!! Good work! :clap::clap:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    PJ212 wrote:

Can't wait for tonight.

I'm too short to see!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    HOT DAMN. I love that PJ loves NY. Absolutely fantastic show!! Went alone, and despite that had a wonderful time.

The small bad first: Pleasantly surprised by the view from my seats (section 205), but what a dud of a section. A couple people rocking out with me, but for the most part, half the section was gone for beer during the show. I get it's not a 10c section and I guess should have known to expect that, but it did put a bit of a damper on the experience, most notably the 2 ladies in front of me talking loudly during Sleight of Hand. But no way I was gonna let that ruin my show!

Aaaand all the good: Crowd was great, as NY crowds usually tend to be :) It was neat seeing everyone rock out below from my seats high above! My first Release was nothing short of amazing, I was almost in tears as I relate a lot to that song and had never heard it live before. Dissident was an amazing surprise, wasn't even thinking of the possibility of that one and freaked out when Ed introduced it! That song was one of the first PJ songs I fell in love with, a treat to hear that live. Why Go was particularly fired up, had a blast on that one. Swallowed Whole was the only new song I hadn't heard in Pitt and thoroughly enjoyed it, a lot of fun to hear live. Given to Fly was another fantastic version, nothing like hearing your favorite song of all time live. Andddd can we talk about Mike's Eruption solo?? McMelty in full force!! Holy crap!! All hail the master. Chloe/Crown was probably my highlight of the evening, straight up chills during that. What a pleasure to be able to hear that song live and sing along. First couple songs of first encore were perfect. Oceans came out of left field and I freaked out once again upon hearing the beginning of that. Gorgeous. Yellow Moon is a favorite live, it's a song that's grown a lot on me. Sleight of Hand, WOW!!!!! Couldn't ask for much more than that. Other highlight of the night was Porch: Ed was a monkey man!! So much energy, and Ed swinging and singing on the orb was something else! I've can't stop thinking about that performance. Awesome 2nd encore as well, didn't realize I'd never heard Life Wasted til last night. Alive>Sonic>Indiff was damn near perfect. Sonic Reducer was a shit ton of fun live, they should play it more often!

All in all, a wonderful show (as always) and CANT WAIT to see what tonight brings! Bring it on!!!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    Awesome photos from behind!!! I stood back there behind the stage before the show and it looked like a fantastic view! Something I may have to consider in the future as I've never sat behind the stage before.
  • Options
    AN126064AN126064 Earth Posts: 64
    I'm still vibrating from the energy last night; set list still running through my head. Fairly crappy seats up high behind the stage but the energy you gave we gave and the band gave damn!. My legs are sore today from jumping up and down all night in an into it section. Pendulum into Release we knew we were in for it and we were! Love going with my PJ loving best friends what a night!

Thanks for the fan views describing what was going on with Ed we couldn't see it except the mic stand slam and the awesome light surfing.

Next up for me Philly 2
    98 Camden, 98 E. Rutherford, 2000 Pittsburgh, 2000 Camden, 03 MSG, 03 Holmdel, 03 Camden, 05 Philly, 06 E. Rutherford, 06 Camden, 08 MSG2, 08 Camden, 09 Philly 1,2,3 (gave my ticket to 4 away for family obligation and kicking myself since), 10 Newark (my daughter's first show), 10 MSG1, 13 PIT, 13 BUF, 13 Barclays Center 1, 13 Philly 1, 13 Dallas, 15 NY Central Park (Global Citizen Fest, meh), 16 MSG 1 & 2, 16 Philly 2, 18 Amsterdam 1 (27 and counting!)
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    Came from Costa Rica to this show. Something I had always wanted to do, to see PJ in New York. Incredible experience. What a setlist!!!!!!!!! Always dreamed about listening to Release and Breath live...Release, checked! I got faringitis, but still tried to sing as loud as I could, I broke in tears during Release.

I just wonder, how could they top that tonight? Tonight we'll hear Breath. I feel it.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    Review of Brooklyn with video and pictures

http://zumic.com/2013/10/19/pearl-jam-a ... view-pics/
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16
  • Options
    jimc3jimc3 Posts: 230
    amazing night last night. not in my top 3 of all time, but certainly in my top 5 (out of 15).

Pendulum great opener. Release 2nd was ridiculous - total shock. Lightning Bolt fucking COOKS live. all the guys had great, wild energy - probably the most energetic I've ever seen the whole band collectively.

Cordoroy - this is where Mike started one of his Hall of Fame nights. I know he's always insanely good, but he was extra crispy finger lickin good last night. driving intensity + Hendrix/EVH = McCready lunacy.

crowd energy was high, but not blow-the-roof off wild. a lot of good singing along to GTF, and good participation during Daughter. was a little surprised at the lack of total insanity at Why Go - maybe it was a bit early in the set for that one.

the new songs are good songs - Swallowed, Infallible, Sirens all played well but I'm not sure they've figured out how they fit in setlist-wise yet. the don't really "mix in" with the Vs/Vitalogy era songs. I also think the newness of the album, only about 30-40% of the crowd really knew these songs. so that sapped some of the energy, even tho they shouldn't have.

Eruption - wow. youtube it. now. -> STBC was sick.

and then Chloe-Crown in the main set??!?!??? total shock and an really amazing point in the show. I think the whole crowd got a sense of how special it was. Ed's voice was really fantastic for Chloe.

and then SAVE YOU was thunderous. wow.

DTE - not MSG-level crazy but still jammin as always.

RVM - what can I say. had to be a top 10 version of all time. Just an absolute throw-down, no-holds-barred rendition. the instensity was virtually overwhelming.

Oceans to start the encores was jaw-dropping. again tho, a bit surprised that only a minority portion of the crowd really got how special this was. that into Yellow Moon -> Sleight...I simply could not ask for more.

Got Some, like Save you, was just taken to a new level. this is where the guys really started getting wacky. First Jeff or Mike started swinging the hanging light things. then of course Mr Vedder, who was friggin BOMBED, had to get in on the act. by the middle of Porch, he was swinging on of them over the crowd, singing the final "here my name" chorus while doing this. to me this was even wilder than MSGII '98 climb up the mic cord during Alive (not saying this was a better show, just saying that I thought this was a cooler Vedder moment in my opinion.)

second encore was great, but not earth-shattering. I do like the Wasted Reprise to start it, but if it wasn't for Sonic Reducer I would have been a tiny bit bummed.

all in all, I don't think this one is going down as one of the top 10 all-time greats, and we'll have to hear the boot to make final judgement, but I think this one is solidly in the "your standard everyday, un-fucking-beleivable, in-fucking-credible, wholly satisfying and super-special NYC PJ show".
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    DAMN! Jealous! What another fkin night/set list! Wonder what will be next!?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Incredible show. My 12th and I finally got Dissident. GA is amazing.

As far Ed's anger...here's why I love him and PJ - he channeled it into the music and did not let it affect the show or the fans. I went to see Jack White at Radio City the night he famously walked off after 45 minutes because he wasn't happy with the sound and the crowd and that is the difference between guys like Ed and guys like Jack. And that is why I love and respect this band. Professional and amazing. At their peak this far into their career. Thank you for another amazing night.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    One more thing I forgot to mention. I have a friend who works in guest services for Barclays. He told me last night this was their biggest show yet in terms of the amount of people inside the venue and they expected night 2 to be even bigger. Even though they have had plenty of sold out shows already at the venue, A) PJ uses all the seats behind the stage and B) more people actually showed up last night than normal for a "sold out" show. He said they were shocked at how many corporate seats that normally go unused were filled.

So kudos to PJ and their fans are truly packing the house more than anyone has so far.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    Did anyone mention who from RHCP was in attendance?

When EV was going through the list of bands they thanked he pointed Stone side when he mentioned RHCP. I couldn't see who was there but the crowd was clearly taking pics.
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    such a great show, anytime they come to the NYC area you know you're in for a treat. cant believe i've gotten Release twice in 4 shows. Oceans was incredible and there are no words for Chloe/Crown. the crowd was a little disappointing to me, too many people who didnt care but obviously the bands performance made up for that. im starting to hate how no other concerts are fun to go to because of Pearl Jam.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    LenzLenz Posts: 89
    Guys, honestly: the first night at Brooklyn was far away from a perfect/great/best show. During the main set the sound was quite blurred, thus the band obviously wasn't comfortable at all and I personally felt that the order of the songs could have been better. Nevertheless, it was a solid PJ show, no questions.

First of all, I didn't want to write anything at all, because the feedback here was just positive and because I was just fucked up that day after a ten hour flight (we came directly to the show from JFK). So I didn't want to be the only negative person here.

But after watching the second show yesterday, I decided to share my thoughts. Because this second show yesterday was far better: they managed to fix the sound problems (I have to admit, that I hat a seat at Stone's side night 1 and a behind the stage seat night 2, maybe that could have been another reason for the better sound, but I guess it wasn't) and the crowd sang each verse of all the rarities (Leavin Here, Footsteps, In Hiding, Present Tense, Rats,...) and even all the 'ohs' and 'ahs' (felt a little like watching a South America concert). And from what Eddie yesterday, I guess the band had the same feeling/impression.