Options

*** Brooklyn 1 Fanviews Here 10/18/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    whino33whino33 Posts: 12
    Still a lot left for tomorrow. Def going to play better man and black. Hoping for smile, leash, state of love and trust, crazy Mary, footsteps, and would love to hear reign - they crushed that last tour!
    Albany 4/29/03
    MSG - 6/25/05, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 5/20/10, 5/21/10
    Irving Plaza - 5/5/06
    E.Rutherford - 6/1/06, 6/3/06
    Newark - 5/18/10
    Philly - 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    Chicago - 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    Hartford 5/13/06
    Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,841
    GA was better than I could have ever imagined. Oceans and Chloe Dancer were highlights and I finally got Dissident. I'm too exhausted to express how fantastic this show was.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    GA was better than I could have ever imagined. Oceans and Chloe Dancer were highlights and I finally got Dissident. I'm too exhausted to express how fantastic this show was.
    :clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    whino33 wrote:
    Still a lot left for tomorrow. Def going to play better man and black. Hoping for smile, leash, state of love and trust, crazy Mary, footsteps, and would love to hear reign - they crushed that last tour!
    hard to imagine -lbc-of the earth :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    narnia wrote:
    You know how into it the crowds in South America are at PJ concerts? Well Brooklyn topped them! We were singing along from start to finish and you could really feel the band feeding off the energy. !

Really- better than SA? Hahahaha
    well,this is hard to believe!!you are right!
  • Options
    moloconomolocono Posts: 116
    The sound was amazing. And the band was just tight. Mike was ripping it up!

Does anyone know why Ed got mad after he drank out of the wine bottle during Alive? It seemed like he didn't like the wine and got really upset.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Thanks to the 10 club member that sold me the tickets for face...they were great seats!!

We were in section 206 rocking out the whole show and a girl came over and told us we were awesome....well, thanks! we love Pearl Jam and just because we weren't front row doesn't make us any less fans. We loved it!!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    West15th wrote:
    What happened on Stone's side of the pit during Sirens?

Also, Ed seemed very pissed up something at the end of the first encore, or during the second encore (can't remember which). Any ideas?
    i was behind the stage, i saw that incident during Sirens...i saw like 10 security guards in red shirts scuffling with a guy on the floor, they dragged him all the way up the stairs and out, he was fighting the whole way...not sure if it was a fight or someone who was freaking out on some bad drugs or whatever
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,072
    narnia wrote:
    Also wanted to mention I didn't have to wait in line to buy stuff outside. The Brooklyn poster is fugly but I bought it anyway. What is it supposed to be? They have 2 really nice tour shirts for ladies (yay!), and the PJ beanie is awesome, a must-have!

That was the best line ever, granted I was there at 2 because I had all day free. I bought the shirt with the brooklyn bridge on it and had people coming up to me left and right asking me about it. I guess it sold out fairly early?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    The show was simply wow! Can't wait for Tuesday in Philly! Ten Club seats were perfect, above an exit with no one in front of me. I felt like a Roman emperor, although no thumbs down, more like Wayne's World bowing, "We are not worthy!"
    Occurred to me during "Elderly Woman behind a counter in a small town" that it would have fit perfectly on the Beatles Revolver or Rubber Soul.
    Idea as to what was Ed was upset with. He spit out the contents of the wine bottle that appears to have been water. Threw the bottle down in disgust and acted upset that they were trying to cut him off. A roadie did come out with a new bottle. He had asked for one when talking to the fan at his 100th show.
  • Options
    People are really over top / insane...Average show at best, Nothing special..Weirdos
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    Just got back, thought it was a great show. They sounded amazing especially on pendulum, wow is all I can say on that one. Wasn't expecting it to go into release either. I really like the way they're starting these sets with 2-4 slower tunes, I love it! Thought all the new tunes sounded great especially swallowed whole and LTRP. Oceans?!?!?!?! Never thought I'd get that one, Finally!! I was farther back than I'm used to but it looked like the band had great energy up there :D

Can't say I was that impressed with the merch....the poster was meh and the shirts were ok i suppose. The bridge shirt did sell out quickly especially large and xl.
  • Options
    jeffwalshjeffwalsh Posts: 169
    Average show at best, Nothing special..Weirdos

Well, at least we have you here to keep us in line ;-)
  • Options
    to answer some questions:

I made it to the outside merch booth at 4:15 and there was one Brooklyn bridge t-shirt left, size small

Ed was frustrated for most of the night, he kept looking over at someone on Stone's side. He was unhappy with the mic levels, mic feedback, two guitars crapping out on him, some bad tasting wine and he even showed frustration when he attempted to give the fan attending his 100th show a bottle of wine, he wound up throwing it because there was too much space between the stage and the railing...it seemed to add some extra angst to some songs which was a plus for us!

excellent overall show and a pleasing setlist, i'm so glad I was able to experience the band up close for the first time in GA, NOTHING beats being up close and seeing all the little things that go on which you would never know about from far away
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    narnia wrote:
    Also wanted to mention I didn't have to wait in line to buy stuff outside. The Brooklyn poster is fugly but I bought it anyway. What is it supposed to be? They have 2 really nice tour shirts for ladies (yay!), and the PJ beanie is awesome, a must-have!

That was the best line ever, granted I was there at 2 because I had all day free. I bought the shirt with the brooklyn bridge on it and had people coming up to me left and right asking me about it. I guess it sold out fairly early?

I ended up getting the Brooklyn shirt inside of the main entrance when the doors opened.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    Just got home. Ended up buying a ticket off of some nice folks in section 215. Paid more than Id like but I wanted to be in the building.

Great show. Not my favorite set list (personally) but a great show as always.

I usually enjoy myself at most concerts I choose to attend (PJ or otherwise) but it is not always that I have one of those "wow...they just rocked the fuck out of that song" kind of moments.

Rearviewmirror and Porch do that for me everytime. The end of RVM with the strobe light and the band going in...wow is all I can say. They just destroy those songs live its amazing.

New album stuff sounded really good as well. Lightning Bolt was one in particular that I wasn't in love with on the album but really enjoyed it live.

Great show, happy I made the trip down to BK. Ticketless for tomorrow, but it is going to be very hard not to venture down there again tomorrow just in case haha. This band just always makes the effort worth it.

Goodnight all.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Great show tonight.
    Somone told me tomorrow 20th anniversary of vs. ???
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Porch is alot of why I love Pearl Jam.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,841
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Porch, RVM, Save You and even Got Some all rocked harder than I've ever seen them. The band is in a very good place right now.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Great show tonight.
  • Options
    Spoken wrote:
    Great show tonight.

don't tease!!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Porch, RVM, Save You and even Got Some all rocked harder than I've ever seen them. The band is in a very good place right now.

Got Some really surprised me tonight! I don't think I've listened to that song since the last time I heard it live...so sometime during the backspacer tour. Its really great live. Rockin song.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    StuffnJunk wrote:
    West15th wrote:
    What happened on Stone's side of the pit during Sirens?

Also, Ed seemed very pissed up something at the end of the first encore, or during the second encore (can't remember which). Any ideas?
    i was behind the stage, i saw that incident during Sirens...i saw like 10 security guards in red shirts scuffling with a guy on the floor, they dragged him all the way up the stairs and out, he was fighting the whole way...not sure if it was a fight or someone who was freaking out on some bad drugs or whatever

Unfortunately I was right in the line of fire when they were wrestling that fucker out of there, I didn't get hurt or nothing just someone's beer spilled all over me and my phone, but we will both live. The guy getting taken out had something in his hand that looked like it could have been a camcorder or something, but the way he was fighting all those guards I wouldn't be surprised if there was a different reason for getting him out of there. Ed didn't say anything about it, which I think he usually does when there is some violence involved, but I can't say for sure WHY they kicked that guy out.
    Around where I was on stone's side the crowd had great energy. There was a doushe who forced his way to the front at some random point in the evening which I half expected to result in a punch or two being thrown but cooler heads prevailed. The show itself was amazing, the GA experience is un-fucking-real. I'm gonna be up in the rafters tomorrow but I was less than 10 heads back from the rail tonight so it all evens out. I hope this GA set up becomes the norm.
    The setlist was fucking brilliant - and cheers to the chick in the b&w shirt behind the stage who was rocking out hard. Those seats looked fucking awesome. Indifference to close was just ...indescribable. I feel slightly guilty, because Monday night NIN closed with Hurt (my fave NIN song), tonight PJ closed with Indifference (means too much to me to describe) AND I got to see Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thrones performed twice... consecutively (my last show was Wrigley). Seriously I haven't felt this spoiled since....................... ever. No seriously, ever. They had 3 new ladies styles shirts two short sleeve, one long - all with tour dates in the back. The blue LB shirt, the black PJ logo and the long sleeve was a black eyeball with the lightning bolt. It felt like Christmas.

The only thing I want to complain about is the fucking MTA. It took me 2 fucking hours to get home. I entered the train station at 1130, took the Q to 57th, had to wait for 2 N trains before I could even get on one because the R is not running, then at QPB the massive fucking crowd that got off the N to get on the 7 BECAUSE the R isn't running was bottlenecked going downstairs, the 7 train (which is not running into the city making QBP the last stop) is sitting there not moving about 100x more packed than the front of GA was tonight. Everybody trying to get to/from the show tomorrow MAKE SURE you check mta.info and plan your route carefully or your ass is gonna get stuck somewhere.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    narnia wrote:
    You know how into it the crowds in South America are at PJ concerts? Well Brooklyn topped them! We were singing along from start to finish and you could really feel the band feeding off the energy. !

Really- better than SA? Hahahaha

Did you go to the same show as me? People in the 200's, a quarter of them were sitting, half were wearing dress shirts. However, the people that were there for the music rocked it out.
  • Options
    cra5hedcra5hed Posts: 10
    My 43rd. I have mixed feelingS. I had a diff time feeling the energy unlike other shows. I'm really confused. I sat upsairs fr the first time in any mnay years but it think this section just sucked. Dumb people blah blah blahing. Not sure what they expect. Band makes new record. Band tours to play new record. Of course it proper busness acumen to include the classics. THEY AVERAGE 30 songsvwtf. Sorry, I just don't understand.

Setlist was great n it was great to see nothing has changed. Theyre as consummate proffessionals as there are out there in the music business. I continue to go home to a sleepless nights listening fondly.

Wish they'd tag Daughter differently. Poor me

OMG. Barclays is nice, but WOW. I was/am sick at the price of ONE double sht of vodka, orange juice in ice. (didn't even fill the cup) 29.45 something. Ha. Blow me.

Wasn't impressed w tat place and sound quality does nt equal 1BILLION.

Love love love BROOKLYN

PEACE AND LOVE , PEACE AND LOVE
  • Options
    cra5hedcra5hed Posts: 10
    Let me rephrase. I felt the sound/acc could have been better from where I was. Impressive forum.
  • Options
    What time did the band hit the stage last night?
  • Options
    Thanks for the great reviews all you Brooklyn 1 people!!! Hope to see some of you there tonight Brooklyn 2. Super psyched!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    cra5hed wrote:
    Let me rephrase. I felt the sound/acc could have been better from where I was. Impressive forum.
    The sound was the one bad thing about the show
    At times it was terrible
  • Options
    NK10452NK10452 Posts: 33
    That was show #19 for me and it was, without question, a top 5 performance. They sounded as good as I've heard them and the first half of the first set was just off the charts. Great crowd -- as always -- and the boys brought the heat.
    I'm still alive