Options

Please STOP POSTING "please play..." threads!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,046
    Not sure why anyone would be upset about PJ fans requesting a song they want to hear in a PJ forum in a PJ fan club.
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    I support song requests and see no problems at all with it. For some of us, many of us, the chances to see the band live are slim. They've only come to my country once. I've had the chance to go and see them in the US but for many years I couldn't afford that. So, for many people the chances to hear their song played is just that one gig and they will do whatever it takes to make it happen. I guess the majority of the people that dislike song requests have seen the band multiple times... Put yourselves in the shoes of people who have never seen the band or have seen them just a few times. Let them/us be!
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810

Not sure why anyone would be upset about PJ fans requesting a song they want to hear in a PJ forum in a PJ fan club.

Right- if not here, then where?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515

Several people have asked for a separate board for requests. Seems like a good idea to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. MattDr. Matt Posts: 199

Because it's a well known fact that bands LOVE IT when people shout out song requests during the show.

///
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    the "please play" threads are so few and far between, it would be a waste of 10C's resources to open a new section. seriously, I rarely see threads like that. I have no problem with them being on the porch, but it would make more sense for people to post them in the GTF section rather than open a new one.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    "Please STOP POSTING "please play..." threads!
    "Threads" ... is that a b-side single
    Do they have to stop posting while they play? Cant say I ever saw the band posting while playing. That must be difficult though. Back to the request though...
    Why haven't I heard of Threads....YES!!!! Please play THREADS!!!!!
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    laughable....of all the pointless threads...."please play" is too much?
    2006 Cincinnati
    2014 Cincinnati Memphis
    2016 Tampa Jacksonville Greenville Lexington Chicago N1 Chicago N2
  • Options
    Dr. Matt said:

Because it's a well known fact that bands LOVE IT when people shout out song requests during the show.

///
    Lol. If stuffing the porch with song requests could stop people from doing that at shows I'd push for more song requests on the porch!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    You know what amazes me about this forum?

The place that just raised 3 grand for an outstanding member & his fam is the same place that is arguing over song requests and entitlement and forum policing.

:peace:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    ldent42 said:

The place that just raised 3 grand for an outstanding member & his fam is the same place that is arguing over song requests and entitlement and forum policing.

crazy kids....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SEACIDE said:

Do they have to stop posting while they play? Cant say I ever saw the band posting while playing. That must be difficult though. Back to the request though...

Threads is actually a movie from the early 80s that is generally considered to be the most realistic fictional depiction of nuclear holocaust ever made in film.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Haha.
    Not to get cheesy or anything, but petty bickering alongside acts of kindness and love generally happens most between people who care about each other. ;)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Freebird!!!
  • Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    PJ_Soul said:

SEACIDE said:

Threads is actually a movie from the early 80s that is generally considered to be the most realistic fictional depiction of nuclear holocaust ever made in film.
    So does he want them to play that before concerts or something? I don't get it ... :anguished:
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    staysea?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

staysea?

Omg! I was going to say the exact same thing! :lol:
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    please stop posting please stop posting please play threads...
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    rick1zoo2 said:

please stop posting please stop posting please play threads...

Hey man. I haven't seen you post for ages. Was I just missing them all or have you just not been around much?
This discussion has been closed.