Options

post pearl jam depression

*given*to*fly**given*to*fly* Posts: 325
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
anyone else get a little sad after you know your shows are over and you wont be seeing anymore .....
the last two nights were so awesom! i dont think anything could have made them any better then that , i figure i should be in a good mood for at least a few weeks but now im just sad cause its over :(
dream like your living forever
live like your dying today
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I get sad. I also get sad when a live CD is over because it's like the end of a concert.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    I so happy that the Toronto shows are over. Because that means my first show of this tour is next :D:D:D

See you in Albany!
  • Options
    depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    yes! it all went by too fast.... :(

what amazing shows!!
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Options
    I'm not experiencing Post Pearl Jam Depression, but I will. I'm still on a high from last night. I'm checking out my pics from the night, and as bad as they are (my camera fucked up and was on manual and not auto, so my pics are shit), it keeps me excited. I also got a few video snippets (just a bunch of 15 sec clips). I ended up getting Boom and Mike high fiving! Sweet! :)

I can't wait for the bootleg. I want to re-live this experience!
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Posts: 115
    yah im depressed, im tryna find other shows now that i can maybe attend, maybe grand rapids or cleveland
  • Options
    KeelaKeela Posts: 18
    ** 12 Steps of Pearl Jam Post-Concert Recovery **

1. Return home from concert feeling disoriented, buzzed, insane and absolutely high.

2. Fall asleep with uncontrollable images and sounds of Pearl Jam, Eddie's biceps, and crowd
    noise ringing nonstop in your ears.

3. Wake up feeling disoriented, buzzed and most of all confused that the night actually ended.

4. Go to work thinking about Pearl Jam and Pearl Jam only. When someone at work asks you where you'd like to have lunch, you instantly answer "PEARL JAM!" At which point they stare at you and slowly back away.

5. You go home and watch "American Idol" on TV, but all you can think about is the fact that Eddie actually said the words "American Blow Job Butt Fuck" onstage.

6. You wake up with a sudden sense of confusion and depression. Putting on an old bootleg, you realize that you won't be hearing anything but recorded Pearl Jam for a long time. This is shocking to you.

7. You get to work and realize you are not outside with a beer in the sun with all your Pearl Jam friends tailgating - but rather working set hours in a cold, windowless office. This causes a sudden outburst of denial as you blast "Lukin" from your computer!

8. The blasting of "Lukin" from your computer reminds you of Pearl Jam, which reminds you that the tour is over, which causes an even more sudden outburst of denial as you violently eject the CD and give it to your co-worker saying "get this thing away from me!!"

9. In a tearful rage you search for any music that doesn't remind you of Pearl Jam - as you put on John Tesh's Greatest Hits. As you get back to work with John in your ears - you suddenly break down sobbing on your desk realizing that you are a) not listening to Pearl Jam and b) are listening to John Tesh.

10. After a uncontrollable session of sobbing on your desk, and isolating yourself from all coworkers, you suddenly come to grips with the fact that you are in denial. You look at your reflection on the computer screen and say outloud: "The tour is over." Congratulations: You have admitted there's a problem.

11. After the breakthrough of Step #10, you are comforted by the fact that you are on the road to recovery. Despite your wounds, you decide to put the 'No Code' cd back on. (Avoiding "Lukin". It scares your boss.)

12. After listening to "Around The Bend" 43 times, you realize it's 5:00 and time to go home. As you leave your office, you feel a sense of acceptance and calm. You have finally mastered the 12 step program. In celebration, you get on your cell phone - call ticketmaster and order Summerfest tickets!
    --. --- -
    ... .... .. -
  • Options
    hahahaha, I'm printing that out, it's gonna come in handy over the next couple days! (Not sure I can skip "Lukin" though)
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    God yes! I felt like that after the Astoria. And I feel guilty for feeling depressed because everyone assumes I didn't enjoy it or Im being ungrateful for the awesomeness of the experience.

But, alas, to every high, the downer must be endured!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 366
    HAHAHAHA

"2. Fall asleep with uncontrollable images and sounds of Pearl Jam, Eddie's biceps, and crowd noise ringing nonstop in your ears."

Eddie's biceps. :eek: Crack me UP.

I'm way too familiar with this syndrome. The list hit several nails on the head!

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    Obsidian22Obsidian22 Posts: 298
    Yes I feel that way too, but the new album puts me in a great mood.Upbeat and rockin right through to tearful Come Back and hopeful Inside Job. I keep kicking my butt, cuz I didn't go to the second show. Our show rocked and I am glad we got 6 new songs to hear live.
    It doesn't help much that it's pouring fuckin rain all day, in Toronto, canada
    cheers
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
    Anatole France
  • Options
    Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I am still on cloud 9 after those two shows.

Those made me want to quit everything and just follow around this band.

I think I finally understand how people can sacrifice work, school, money to go to as many shows as possible.
  • Options
    i ride the pearl jam high for weeks,m get the bot that helps alot, still riding the IRVING PLAZA high, getting the boot yesterday was awesome , all over again & shows comng up, its pearl jam time for a while, :)
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    nico10nico10 Posts: 21
    I leave the concert wanting more and 2 days later still wanting more, but I only have 12 days to go! Then ask me how I feel!
  • Options
    PeryPery Posts: 1,740
    i ride the pearl jam high for weeks,m get the bot that helps alot, still riding the IRVING PLAZA high, getting the boot yesterday was awesome , all over again & shows comng up, its pearl jam time for a while, :)

Idem...but my last PJ show was in November...And I've tried everything to extend the "high" sensation...
    Buenos Aires 25 - 11 - 2005
    Buenos Aires 26 - 11 - 2005

********Proud 2 b Jammer!*******
  • Options
    thats how I know its one of the best shows of my life.
    when you know the encores are coming, and you start to get sad.. but you want to live in the moment.. and you just think "where is it they are playing next?????"

and - you are absolutely ready to follow them for the rest of your life.

THAT - is a good show.

Ive been thinking of nothing but Eddie and PJ all friggen day... and it aint endin any time soon!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    You know what, thanks for this post. I now know I am not alone. I too have thought of nothing else all day. I went to work today (at least I drive alot of the day, so I can listen to CD's), with Low Light in my head. It was sooo awesome to hear it last night. I was goiing to put it on this morning, then I realized that that would almost be pointless and dissapointing. It's like the band has killed CD's for me.

Bythis afternoon I was cranking some Binaural, getting back to normal. But yeah, a little depressed that there are no more shows. I have been lucky to have seen PJ in each of the last 4 years, but I think it will be a while before I see them again in these parts.