Options

Am I about to See my Last Pearl Jam Show?

MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I am sitting in my office, wrapping up my day.

I am walking accross the street to the ACC in minutes.

A thought struck me. This could be the last Pearl Jam show I ever see. Who know what the future holds, but Jeff's reference yesterday in an article to a final tour scared me.

I'm going to really sit back and enjoy tonight. I'll post here when I get home tonight.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    I am sitting in my office, wrapping up my day.

I am walking accross the street to the ACC in minutes.

A thought struck me. This could be the last Pearl Jam show I ever see. Who know what the future holds, but Jeff's reference yesterday in an article to a final tour scared me.

I'm going to really sit back and enjoy tonight. I'll post here when I get home tonight.

what article??
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    You should enjoy and savour every PJ show you attend anyway. :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    These are the words Jeff said:

"Not only are you away from home, but physically it's hard -- I'm 43 years old and I have to work out every morning, do yoga, get massages and all that, just to be able to play the show every night. Everyone was super excited about this record, including me, so that's why we're going out for 80-plus shows. But this could be our last show here for a while."

"a while" can mean alot of things it usually takes them a while to make a new album and actually tour in a place again--and didnt they just play canada?

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/P/Pearl_Jam/2006/05/09/1570408.html
    Dirty American Tour '06
  • Options
    These are the words Jeff said:

"Not only are you away from home, but physically it's hard -- I'm 43 years old and I have to work out every morning, do yoga, get massages and all that, just to be able to play the show every night. Everyone was super excited about this record, including me, so that's why we're going out for 80-plus shows. But this could be our last show here for a while."

"a while" can mean alot of things it usually takes them a while to make a new album and actually tour in a place again--and didnt they just play canada?

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/P/Pearl_Jam/2006/05/09/1570408.html

now i´m worried... :(
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    Should I be worried? I know he said about Canada but I live in Illinois and haven't seen a show ever! I am going to go to 2 maybe 3 this year. If it is I am going to cry! I am sure it won't be there final tour but who knows!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options

then my work here is finished!

ha just kidding--as long as they feel excited and happy they will do another album and that means another tour--c'mon
    Dirty American Tour '06
  • Options
    then my work here is finished!

ha just kidding--as long as they feel excited and happy they will do another album and that means another tour--c'mon

i know, but i became a PJ fan so recently, and only last year i was able to attend my first PJ concert, and now Jeff is thinking about retiring already?? I mean, he sounds like an old tired man! He´s only 43!! The Stones are still touring and they are in their 60´s!!
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613

You're worried because they might not tour for say, another couple of years? Come on! Give the guys a break. They aren't as young as they used to be. Can't expect miracles from them!
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    I think people are taking Jeff's comments too seriously. You have to understand that all of the guys in the band are 40 plus. I think Ed, Matt, and Jeff are starting to focus more on family than the tribulations of constant touring. I think Canada may not see another show for 3-4 years. Remember Europe had to wait 6 years!!! I think sometimes people on the east coast, myself included take it for granted, PJ visiting every 2 years or so. That is why having the access to these bootlegs is soooooo wonderful. At least we will have these to listen to forever, and if you listen real closely, you can imagine yourself in the front row or on stage.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    votegirlvotegirl Posts: 95
    When I met Jeff in Quebec City, he said that he was tired. He looked tired too.

I still hold on to hope that they will continue, however limited. The Stones have persisted. They will too.
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • Options
    GVN2FLY_MBGVN2FLY_MB Posts: 17
    I don't think they'd just stop touring altogether. They'll just have to be more selective on their tours. They're still going to produce more albums and have to tour to support them. They'll be our generations Grateful Dead and tour forever (at least I hope so).
    GIMLI 93, Minneapolis 98, East Troy (Ice Bowl)00, Chicago 00, Fargo 03, St. Paul 03, (Marriage 08/09/03), SASKATOON 05, WINNIPEG 05 (My hometown), THUNDER BAY 05, St. Paul 06 x2, Eddie Vedder - Minneapolis 11, WINNIPEG 11 (My hometown), SASKATOON 11
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    votegirl wrote:
    When I met Jeff in Quebec City, he said that he was tired. He looked tired too.

I still hold on to hope that they will continue, however limited. The Stones have persisted. They will too.

Awww.. JEFF!! THANK YOU FOR GOING THRU ALL OF THAT JUST TO ROCK OUR SOCKS EVERY NIGHT.. :D:D

WesternSky - <Read my thoughts chica.. i'd type it in spanish but you know someone will translate it.. bwhahaha>
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Just enjoy it. I will be sad when they are gone, but there will always be more music. I'm as diehard as they come, but life went on when the Beatles broke up.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    here we go again ... chicken little everyone.

He said "for awhile" -- which neccessarily implies "at some point"

It's always "a while" before they return to a place. Canada got lucky this time. But for most of us, it's three years minimum, between shows in our backyard.

That's what he means for a while.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    But remember back in 2003, after they played 70 plus shows, they said it was the best they had ever felt after touring. Something about playing, brings them closer, especially with the interaction with the fans, I think will make them appreciate and realize how magical it could be to tour.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    Just got back. That could be my last concert and I would be a happy man. Wholly Fuckballs
  • Options
    i'd just like to remind you all of 11/6/00-
    "This is it, Seattle. One last show, and we never play again. This is it, this is it. At least for quite awhile..."
    So they took three years off, and were on the road again. These guys have families, and, unlike some bands, tour hard and tour long. Give em a break.
    "A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer"- Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    Just got back. That could be my last concert and I would be a happy man. Wholly Fuckballs

was it as ridiculously good as it looked in black and white words on the internet?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    i know, but i became a PJ fan so recently, and only last year i was able to attend my first PJ concert, and now Jeff is thinking about retiring already?? I mean, he sounds like an old tired man! He´s only 43!! The Stones are still touring and they are in their 60´s!!
    Buddy Guy still tours and he's almost 70! AND he's one of the best performers I've seen.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    was it as ridiculously good as it looked in black and white words on the internet?
    I have to go catch a train home (i'm in my office) So much happened.

Yellow Ledbetter had a tag, (beast of Burden) gotta go. I'kll post when I get home
  • Options
    I have to go catch a train home (i'm in my office) So much happened.

Yellow Ledbetter had a tag, (beast of Burden) gotta go. I'kll post when I get home

the correct answer would have been: "I'll answer this when I get home."

but whatever :)
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    I'm inclined to take what Eddie DID say ("We'll see you next time...can't wait!") after tonight's show much more seriously than what Jeff did NOT say, but which the Toronto Sun put into his mouth. This band isn't going anywhere; they're at the top of their game, and they're getting better with age. Why go home?

Steve
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022