Options

17 years ago today

Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
edited September 2013 in The Porch
One of the best evenings of music I have ever experienced and also the day I officially became a fan of this great band.
SET 1
Sometimes
Go
Spin The Black Circle
Hail, Hail
Animal
Tremor Christ
Who You Are
Corduroy
Lukin
Better Man
Not For You
Jeremy
Once
Rats
Last Exit
Habit
Rearviewmirror
Immortality
Whipping
I Got Id
Black
Alive
Porch
ENCORE 1
In My Tree
Even Flow
The Real Me
Another Brick In The Wall
W.M.A.
Daughter
Mankind
Long Road
Leaving Here
ENCORE 2
Off He Goes
Present Tense
Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Psst...Night 1 wasnt too shabby either.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    Good call :D

My first show... Remember it like it was yesterday.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    Get_Right wrote:
    One of the best evenings of music I have ever experienced and also the day I officially became a fan of this great band.
    SET 1
    Sometimes
    Go
    Spin The Black Circle
    Hail, Hail
    Animal
    Tremor Christ
    Who You Are
    Corduroy
    Lukin
    Better Man
    Not For You
    Jeremy
    Once
    Rats
    Last Exit
    Habit
    Rearviewmirror
    Immortality
    Whipping
    I Got Id
    Black
    Alive
    Porch
    ENCORE 1
    In My Tree
    Even Flow
    The Real Me
    Another Brick In The Wall
    W.M.A.
    Daughter
    Mankind
    Long Road
    Leaving Here
    ENCORE 2
    Off He Goes
    Present Tense
    Yellow Ledbetter

awesome.. i was there for night 1 on the 28th which i guess was a lot wetter and not quite as extensive of a set list but still a great show. I was 16 and remember bumping in to another kid my band had played a show with a few weeks earlier in Princeton. the craziest part was that we bumped into each between the stage and the rail after making our way out of the pit down front. the crowd was packed in like sardines and I couldn't take it any longer.

I needed water bad and had been hanging on to my spot along the center security fence from the moment we got there about 40 feet back from the stage. After the openers which included ben harper I made it maybe 7 or 8 songs into the set before having to bail on my spot and find more reasonable lodgings. I abandoned my post and embarked on my way to the front of the stage only to hear them start into Lukin sending the crowd into a fury. I got out and got water and watched the rest of the show from a bit farther back. Totally great show.

I must say even better was seeing them when i was 14 at the Paramount the last night of their '94 tour. I was at my peak of Pearl Jam wonderment, had just cassette taped the Fox Theater Atlanta show that they played live on the radio a couple weeks before. they were in town for SNL and added a last minute show in the 5000 seat venue and I scored ti through Z100 for the Sunday night show. i will use the most overused line of the forum for that experience - EPIC!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    Great set. Those encores arouse me
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Psst...Night 1 wasnt too shabby either.

exactly
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    Complete video of the show with great audio.

Most of it is distant, but the incomplete close version has been edited in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfdaCinYzXg
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Was the BEST show I have been there to witness. After the rain the day before, it was a beautiful afternoon/evening. I still feel blessed to have been there. Hope it make's it to the "rumored" No Code box set.
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    CO278952 wrote:
    ... The crowd was packed in like sardines and I couldn't take it any longer.

I needed water bad and had been hanging on to my spot along the center security fence from the moment we got there about 40 feet back from the stage. After the openers which included ben harper I made it maybe 7 or 8 songs into the set before having to bail on my spot and find more reasonable lodgings. I abandoned my post and embarked on my way to the front of the stage only to hear them start into Lukin sending the crowd into a fury. I got out and got water and watched the rest of the show from a bit farther back. Totally great show.

Same story for my first and only show in Athens 2006. The only difference is that I made it 9 into the set. :) #9 was GTF. I remember it vividly!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    My first PJ show :D What a night!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    my first pj show and still one of my favorites. What an absolutely amazing night. I was on the rail between ed and mike. Such awesome memories...can't believe it was 17 years ago. Wow.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......