What was the "Breath Campaign"?

Cameron124Cameron124 Posts: 139
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Please can somebody explain to me what was that campaign for?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Cameron124 wrote:
    Please can somebody explain to me what was that campaign for?

Itwas the same as the Leash campaign.
    I miss igotid88
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    I was at the show in MSG the night they played it (9-11-98)!

From what i know is that there was some fans that kinda followed them from the previous shows in CT and they would hand out print outs that had BREATH in big bold letters. Underneath was a small sentence or 2 about how they had not played it in so many years etc. During the show Ed says, "It's like an organized religion here... Well fuck you we're going to play it!". It was an amazing show.. i had 8th row seats thanks to 10c and i still have my BREATH print-out~

thats pretty much it. the version of breath that night was probably not there best. When listening to a bootleg compared to later shows that they played breath, that nights.. well.. does not compare at all. Guess they didn't rehearse it much heh.
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    a fat redhead
    a huge ego
    lots of hype

but in defense it was the original and is HIGHLY imitated

some of the best most awesomest truly cool sign campaigns:

The ALIVE campaign in KC post Roskilde.

and most recently:

"Play Leash you pussies" at a 100% free, small, intimate, special post letterman show that anyone who was lucky enough to get in should have been happy to hear a set of nothing but last kiss and evacuation played in rotation.

NO MORE SIGNS (coming from a one time cronic sign holder)!
  • -Q--Q- Posts: 169
    i was at the last show it was played 04/11/94 Boston and i was at the 09/11/98 when they played it for the 1st time in 4 years.
    i vote 4/11/94 for a sbd release, what a show it was
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,547
    Those were simpler times.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    igotid88 wrote:
    Itwas the same as the Leash campaign.

Wow, way to kick sand in the face of one of the defining moments in Pearl Jam tour history. The so-called "Leash Campaign" is little ugly bastard red-headed step-child of the Breath Campaign. I remember being in Hartford the next night after they played Breath at MSG. Just thinking about the sea of "Thank You" signs that the crowd was holding up at the first encore gives me chills to this day. What a great time it was to be a PJ fan.