What's Ed gonna say when they win this time?

RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
edited September 2013 in The Porch
I get it and have always agreed that music shouldn't be a corporate competition,,
But we have heard 4 songs off the new album that's not even out yet...and
I think Ed, and friends are going to have to prepare another fantastic acceptance speech for best rock album of the year at the Grammies :lol:
Why the hell don't they put PJ20 alpine valley weekend out in a nice box set like the Gorge W/ DVD??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited September 2013
    Hopefully something of thanks. I know Staley and Cantrell really wanted to win that night. They said they respected Ed's view but wouldve handled things differently
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "Sometimes Nothing,means Something"
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    Long time fan, new to the forum thing. This will probably be a short lived topic
    Yes saying less usually means a great deal more than someone who spits out a lot of bs.
    Just saying after hearing Mind Your Manners, Future Days, Lightning Bolt, and Sirens
    they have no choice but to win it.
  • I can't tell if this thread is sarcastic, or not, so I'll treat it like it's serious.

I know it's trendy to hate the Grammys, but they are the worst award out there. It may have been an honour to receive one sometime ago, but now they're just a popularity contest. How awkward was it when Arcade Fire won album of the year? It's like the Grammys was trying to say, "Hey, we're cool and hip." Don't get me wrong, I love Arcade Fire, but I've never seen a more contrived award in my life (except for maybe Denzel Washington in Training Day).
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    "uh, first of all, I wanna thank jesus Christ, who made of this possible, no?........."
    I was just saying that this album is gonna kick ass!!!
  • Nah, Kayne West will climb on stage and will announce himself as the best "rock star" out there (without of course writing rock music).

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20130624
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    Hopefully they won't be there whether they win or not
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    "uh, first of all, I wanna thank jesus Christ, who made of this possible, no?........."
    Who's quote is this, I'm not positive but I think I remember Michael Jackson saying this after winning an award for his Dangerous album...yea Thanking God who makes all things possible. Good way to start a thanks speech Id say...
  • RYME wrote:
    Who's quote is this, I'm not positive but I think I remember Michael Jackson saying this after winning an award for his Dangerous album...yea Thanking God who makes all things possible. Good way to start a thanks speech Id say...

I think many artists have started their speeches like that. Thanking God, their family, their producers, their fans etc. etc. etc...

What was that famous one again: "You love me... You really, really love me..." - or something similar to that. Who was that again? (Sally Field, I am not certain.) Sometimes life is its own parody.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    RYME wrote:

from what I've read about ed's religious beliefs, I was just being a smart ass.
  • RYME wrote:

from what I've read about ed's religious beliefs, I was just being a smart ass.

That brings up an interesting point though, who would an atheist thank if he goes beyond himself or his near surroundings? "Uh, first of all, I would like to thank Charly Darwin for bringing me here. Even though he didn't brought me here,evolution did. But he discovered it. So I would like to thank science, I guess, and my producers and family of course, but science, in the end. Our ability to eveolve. We come from apes you know... Or from fish even, or amoebes... So... Well... I don't know. I guess you guys love me, really, really love me..."

Now, that would be an interesting speech ;) .
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Ed's going to say - "got ya...Sirens was a joke and we fooled you all, now we are announcing here on the Grammy stage a countdown clock to our new triple album on pure fucking rock tunes that we're calling Mid-fucking 90's (the good ol' days)"
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • There's this new band called "Beware of Darkness" that released a great rock album earlier this year, called Orthodox.

It crushes everything I've heard so far from this new PJ album. Of course...this is just my humble opinion.

I love PJ but I gotta keep it real.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    There's this new band called "Beware of Darkness" that released a great rock album earlier this year, called Orthodox.

It crushes everything I've heard so far from this new PJ album. Of course...this is just my humble opinion.

We'll lets wait and see where these guys are 23 years from now. And if you're still gonna think they're so great.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • There's this new band called "Beware of Darkness" that released a great rock album earlier this year, called Orthodox.

We'll lets wait and see where these guys are 23 years from now. And if you're still gonna think they're so great.

Oh for sure, PJ has been incredible and it's a rare thing this longevity, Im grateful they have lasted this long and I hope they keep going like the Stones have.

This thread is about rock album of this year, that's what I meant. Unfortunately Beware Of Darkness isn't getting very much exposure.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    Well my first topic was doing great, then crashed and burned.
    Just wondering why they have not released pj20 apv?, or Wrigley?? 2 special weekends that lots, and lots of loyal diehards just couldn't make it to for one reason or another. I'm not a negative person, I love them and am stoked for the next album.
    But a few extra special nights many couldn't make it to would love to share the experience in even if it is a recording. Im sure those there would love to hear it again and again too.
    Just wondering
  • oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    " I think I speak for all of us when i say: I don't know what this means"

Wind this thing up.

• SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Hopefully they won't be there whether they win or not

They'll be in Australia on Grammy night.