Options

Toronto show #1

WonderingNewfWonderingNewf Posts: 7
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Woo, a great show. Ears are still ringing and still a little drunk....... ok, who am I kidding, maybe alot drunk.

They played a bunch of the new songs to start off with. They all sounded great. Really liked Marker in the Sand. Then they got into some of the older stuff.

The band had lots of energy. Crowd was great. Did a good job singing along. 2 encores and also Stone came out at the end and threw a bunch of swag out to the fans. Shirts and stuff, hope it wasn't his laundry : ) Think Ed polished off 2 or 3 bottles of wine. Everyone was in fine form and they seemed to be having a blast.

Think it will be 1 heck of a tour.

See you tomorrow night.

Cheers!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GVN2FLY_MBGVN2FLY_MB Posts: 17
    Damn it. I can't wait until the end of June to see them live again. I gotta find a way to support myself and take in every PJ show. Anyone have any ideas? How do others do it?
    GIMLI 93, Minneapolis 98, East Troy (Ice Bowl)00, Chicago 00, Fargo 03, St. Paul 03, (Marriage 08/09/03), SASKATOON 05, WINNIPEG 05 (My hometown), THUNDER BAY 05, St. Paul 06 x2, Eddie Vedder - Minneapolis 11, WINNIPEG 11 (My hometown), SASKATOON 11
  • Options
    Oh my goodness. Just got back from show two. Amazing. They were really cooking tonight.

It was a really good show. They were flat out, as well as the crowd. Had the place rocking. They also had quite the sing along going on a number of occasions and thanked the audience for it, which was cool.

During one of the solos in the 2nd encoure, Ed had passed his bottle of vino out to the audience, so was belting back a Moosehead or a Hieny or something and tried to lie down across two of the side monitors/speakers by Stone. He made it there about 2 seconds before rolling off it flat on his face. So he just lay there snapping his fingers in the air and waving a beer around. From my side all you could see was speakers, fingers and beer.

Man, there is nothing like when a band is clicking like that. And having a good time in the process. I keep preaching about it to my friends, but then gotta see it to believe it.

Anyway awesome shows, Toronto has been privileged the past 2 days.

Thanks!

All the best to everyone out there and enjoy the upcoming shows they will see around the globe. We will be jelouse here in TO for sure : )

Cheers!!

Dave
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Posts: 115
    Oh my goodness. Just got back from show two. Amazing. They were really cooking tonight.

It was a really good show. They were flat out, as well as the crowd. Had the place rocking. They also had quite the sing along going on a number of occasions and thanked the audience for it, which was cool.

During one of the solos in the 2nd encoure, Ed had passed his bottle of vino out to the audience, so was belting back a Moosehead or a Hieny or something and tried to lie down across two of the side monitors/speakers by Stone. He made it there about 2 seconds before rolling off it flat on his face. So he just lay there snapping his fingers in the air and waving a beer around. From my side all you could see was speakers, fingers and beer.

Man, there is nothing like when a band is clicking like that. And having a good time in the process. I keep preaching about it to my friends, but then gotta see it to believe it.

Anyway awesome shows, Toronto has been privileged the past 2 days.

Thanks!

All the best to everyone out there and enjoy the upcoming shows they will see around the globe. We will be jelouse here in TO for sure : )

Cheers!!

Dave
    this thread is for show 1 i believe