Options

August 22, 1998 - Barrie, ON (15th Anniversary Thread)

13»

Comments

• Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Man, what I wouldn't give to go back in time to be able to have gone to this show. Sadly, I had just turned 14 and was still too young. :(
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 457
    Great show.
    It didn't start well though...my wife panicked a bit with the crowd surge when PJ came on. So we gave up our spots 2-3 from the rail and moved back to a safer distance ...midfield. Great day! Show and great day. Still can't find my PJ soccer jersey...some lucky sob got a free one when I left it behind....
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I love reading these old reviews. This was my 2nd PJ show. I arrived at the beginning of Cheap Trick. I walk in and I'm like "holy freakin people". There was no way I could get close especially with my tiny girlfriend at the time. We stood about halfway back, but it was still a wicked show. I remember having low expectations waling in but they show and setlists blew my mind!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,162
    I remember seeing a few songs from this show appear on a muchmusic special. I've often wondered if the muchmusic crew filmed the whole thing and if they've got it stashed in a vault somewhere (I often wish PJ wasn't so anti-video...... I love how the Foo Fighters are media whores and never seem to restrict video, which means you get several full length tv broadcast bootlegs every time they tour :) ).
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,841
    Zod said:

I remember seeing a few songs from this show appear on a muchmusic special. I've often wondered if the muchmusic crew filmed the whole thing and if they've got it stashed in a vault somewhere (I often wish PJ wasn't so anti-video...... I love how the Foo Fighters are media whores and never seem to restrict video, which means you get several full length tv broadcast bootlegs every time they tour :) ).

MuchMusic special had a few clips from Barrie '98 & Barrie '92. Rick "The Temp" probably has both complete nights master video tapes. I've heard there is an audience tape floating around from this show but haven't seen the light of day online. Maybe someday ..
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    We slept in tents the night before the show in the parking lot across from the venue. Tail-gated real hard till way late and the only rule was your tent had to be down by dawn. Made for a crazy scene at 6am when security went around pulling the poles out of the holders on the tents that were still set up. Those bastards ;)
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    18th Anniversary
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo