Options

Hunters & Collectors tribute album with Eddie Vedder

NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
edited August 2013 in Other Music
Has anyone heard about this:

New Avalanches Remix to Appear on Hunters & Collectors Tribute Album
By Evan Minsker and Jenn Pellyon August 8, 2013 at 08:00 a.m.

While we forever wait on the Avalanches' next album, it's been revealed that they'll contribute a remix to an upcoming compilation. Crucible: The Songs of Hunters & Collectors, out September 27 via Liberation Music, is a tribute to the Australian rock band Hunters & Collectors, who were active from 1981-1998. The Avalanches have contributed a remix of the song "Talking to a Stranger", which they've titled "Stalking to a Stranger (Planets Collide Remix)".
Crucible features 15 covers by Eddie Vedder and Neil Finn, Alpine, the Living End, Cloud Control, and others, plus the original versions of all the songs that are covered. Check out the list of included covers below, plus Avalanches' video for "Frontier Psychiatrist" and Hunters & Collectors' "Talking to a Stranger".

Crucible: The Songs of Hunters & Collectors:
01 Birds of Tokyo: "Talking to a Stranger"
02 Eddie Vedder & Neil Finn: "Throw Your Arms Around Me"
03 Matt Corby & Missy Higgins: "This Morning"
04 Oh Mercy: "The Slab (Betty's Worry)"
05 Alpine: "Hear No Evil"
06 The Living End: "Say Goodbye"
07 Paul Kelly & Emma Donovan [ft. Jimblah]: "True Tears of Joy"
08 The Rubens: "Holy Grail"
09 Husky: "Blind Eye"
10 Something For Kate: "When the River Runs Dry"
11 The Panics: "Alligator Engine"
12 Abbe May: "Dog"
13 British India: "Do You See What I See?"
14 Cloud Control: "Still Hanging ‘Round"
15 The Avalanches: "Stalking to a Stranger" (Planets Collide Remix)

I think this will be an awesome listen, we already know how great Eddie Vedder is singing Throw Your Arms Around Me, and there are so many great Australian bands and of course Neil Finn. Can't wait till September 27th when it will be released. :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,250
    8-) Thanks for the heads-up!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    This should be a great album - obviously keen to hear if it is just a live version by EV and Neil - hope it is a new recording.

Looking forward to hearing all of these covers, but especially keen to hear Paul Kelly's, British India and Matt Corby. The Living End's version of Say Goodbye should be interesting
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Bump for anyone who has never listened to Hunters and Collectors. There's a stellar version of their song Throw Your Arms Around Me with Ed and the master of master's Neil Finn. Surprised nobody has followed up on this!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,977
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,250
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024