Options

Worcester: Where to stay?

pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
edited August 2013 in The Porch
Any tips? Anyone score any deals through Priceline they want to share? I scored tickets to night 2 and will be flying up early to try to get to show 1 as well. Driving in from Boston.
"Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, it's right across the street from the venue. It's pricey but I got a good deal on Priceline for Pittsburgh and I'm staying at a hostel in Buffalo so I thought I'd give myself a treat :)

Still looking for tix to Worcester 2 though, no luck in the lottery :cry:

*** Take my hand, not my picture ***

Paris '96
    Pinkpop '00
    Arnhem '06
    Nijmegen '07
    Pittsburgh '13
    Buffalo '13
    Worcester I '13
    Worcester II '13
    Seattle '13
  • Options
    I know you are looking for GA but if you have no luck I do have an exta 10C reserved for night 2.

PS Your welcome for the Pittsburgh hotel help :mrgreen:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    I know you are looking for GA but if you have no luck I do have an exta 10C reserved for night 2.

Did I forget to say thank you for that? THANK YOU!!!! :D

Paris '96
    Pinkpop '00
    Arnhem '06
    Nijmegen '07
    Pittsburgh '13
    Buffalo '13
    Worcester I '13
    Worcester II '13
    Seattle '13
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:

Did I forget to say thank you for that? THANK YOU!!!! :D

No no not at all...LOL happy to help everyone!
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Question is, can you drive before or after the show? for hartford I am staying at the hilton because my ability to drive will be nonexistent by the time I leave.

also, whats your budget? Nice for me is a super 8 compared to some places I have stayed in lol
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    Worcester is a shithole for the most part.
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    bigmikek7 wrote:

I agree thats why i wanted to know if they could drive to someplace....like framingham residence inn is my thought due it's proximity to woo and logan...
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, it's right across the street from the venue. It's pricey but I got a good deal on Priceline for Pittsburgh and I'm staying at a hostel in Buffalo so I thought I'd give myself a treat :)

Still looking for tix to Worcester 2 though, no luck in the lottery :cry:

Booked the Hilton across the street as well, worked out a trade and will be GA for night 1. See ya at Pittsburgh!
  • Options
    I worked out a trade for night two!

5 shows and counting....... :thumbup:

Paris '96
    Pinkpop '00
    Arnhem '06
    Nijmegen '07
    Pittsburgh '13
    Buffalo '13
    Worcester I '13
    Worcester II '13
    Seattle '13
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    bigmikek7 wrote:

Really? I wouldn't say it's a shithole. But then again I've travelled to Philly (Camden) and Hartford to see PJ so I guess I'm a bit biased.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    you know its really not a dump of a city. every city has good and bad parts.

Hilton is across the street. the Worcester hotel (formerly a Hampton inn) is 2 blocks away. courtyard marriot is close. those are the closest. other hotels are in auburn but that is a town over and a cab ride away.

again its not that bad of a city.
  • Options
    How much is it going to cost me to get wasted and eat some greasy food at the end of the night?
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    How much is it going to cost me to get wasted and eat some greasy food at the end of the night?

Check with UNH1995, he started this thread here viewtopic.php?t=210441

There are lots of tips on things to do and where to eat / drink (and get wasted ;))

Paris '96
    Pinkpop '00
    Arnhem '06
    Nijmegen '07
    Pittsburgh '13
    Buffalo '13
    Worcester I '13
    Worcester II '13
    Seattle '13
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    pulling69 wrote:

Not as much as it would cost you if they were playing in Boston ;)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    mjservs806mjservs806 Posts: 160
    pulling69 wrote:
    Any tips? Anyone score any deals through Priceline they want to share? I scored tickets to night 2 and will be flying up early to try to get to show 1 as well. Driving in from Boston.

You are probably out of luck staying right around that area.. There are Hilton's and hamptons in that area but they are most deffinitly sold out at this point.. You could stay in nearby auburn or westborough I know there is Hilton's and double trees in those towns that offer or once offered shuttle service.

There are scattered Marriott around the city not far from the arena but there's major hospitals and business parks in those same areas so it may be tough getting a room at those also!

Best of luck
  • Options
    mjservs806 wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:

You are probably out of luck staying right around that area.. There are Hilton's and hamptons in that area but they are most deffinitly sold out at this point.. You could stay in nearby auburn or westborough I know there is Hilton's and double trees in those towns that offer or once offered shuttle service.

There are scattered Marriott around the city not far from the arena but there's major hospitals and business parks in those same areas so it may be tough getting a room at those also!

Best of luck

So I guess the available rooms at the Hilton across the street shouldn't be there right now? No trouble booking them for both nights....and with a 15% discount through Travelocity yesterday :ugeek:
  • Options
    mjservs806mjservs806 Posts: 160
    pulling69 wrote:
    mjservs806 wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:

Best of luck

So I guess the available rooms at the Hilton across the street shouldn't be there right now? No trouble booking them for both nights....and with a 15% discount through Travelocity yesterday :ugeek:

There's your answer.. Book away my friend!