Options

I just got Van Halens first ever, vinyl release! DIRT CHEAP!

pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
edited August 2013 in Other Music
No, NOT that one:
2i95sft.jpg

This one:
15n3xhz.jpg

Van Halen Looney Tunes Promo 1978 Orig RED VINYL Promo 12” EP – PRO705

Songs Are "Runnin' With The Devil," "Eruption," "Ice Cream Man," "You Really Got Me" And "Jamie's Cryin."

"It was issued as a promotional item, in advance of the albums release and was distributed to radio station staff, the music press and selected music industry V.I.P.'s. It was not made available to the general public. One side of the special red vinyl features Elmer Fudd wearing a Warner Bros hat and reads "Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies". The reverse side lists the songs. Both the record and the die-cut sleeve have the ORIGINAL Van Halen logo that was ONLY used on this promo record. Few were made, and most are long gone. EP was withdrawn because of the unauthorized use of the "Elmer Fudd" picture label.This is THE 1st Van Halen vinyl."

Sealed & under $15!
aqo2t.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DM213518DM213518 Posts: 117
    Awesome! How did you score it so cheap?
  • Options
    DM213518 wrote:
    Awesome! How did you score it so cheap?

total luck...just digging thru crates at Half Price Books & Movies!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    DM213518DM213518 Posts: 117
    You're lucky. I never knew there was red vinyl of vh 1 out there. Thanks. I'm going to be on the lookout for some.
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Is that your copy in the picture? you said sealed.. why did you open it!?!?!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Caveeze wrote:
    Is that your copy in the picture? you said sealed.. why did you open it!?!?!

no, thats a pic off the interwebs. I just wanted to show what the vinyl looked like. Heres is mine...still sealed. :D

2u4stpe.jpg

and it was 25% off that price
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Nice score!! :thumbup:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    Nice score!! :thumbup:

Thanks!

I saw it out of the corner of my eye & thought, "hmmm, a bunch of looney tunes sound clips...might be interesting." I never even noticed the different VH logo. Then I turned it over & saw the song list. Then it hit me. I took out my phone & did a quick search.

SOLD!!!!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    spinning now
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,345
    Nice score! Very rare to find one sealed. I've had one (unsealed) in my collection for over 30 years.