Options

Grand Rapids Thread

gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey everyone!

I haven't seen any threads started on the GR show (although, I will admit I did not look very hard), so here's one to start it.

I am really hoping to hear Parachutes and it doesn't look too good that they will play it. So, I have devised an interesting way to request the song....I have purchased about 35 parachuting toy men to deliver the message. I will be giving them out to random people before the show, so if you would like to hear Parachutes as well, look for me...I am hoping to get there around 5:00pm.

Any other songs you guys are hoping to hear?
"...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SHow is WIDE OPEN!
  • Options
    katje30katje30 Posts: 4
    Wow, that's actually a decent idea. I might have to join in that fun.
    10/03/04 Grand Rapids
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids
  • Options
    nightfly107nightfly107 Posts: 67
    Im just hoping for a killer show since ive never had the chance to see them live im happy with standards but some rarities would be cool as well.
  • Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    Important info from Tim Bierman (10C Manager) at the UC last night...

I approached Tim as he was walking around the UC. He was very nice and cordial to me as we spoke about all things PJ for about 5 minutes. During our conversation, there were 3 things that stood out as important items I wanted to share with my fellow 10C members:

1) Tim said that the first handful of shows have upset the guys somewhat because are not happy with the reaction that they have been getting from the 10C members in regards to enthusiam and energy, especially pertaining to the new material. (Personally, I think the new material in incredible in concert!) According to Tim, they guys believe we are not interested in hearing the new material, and that all we want to hear is rare stuff. (As a side note, what Tim told me makes sense, since during last nights show, Ed somewhat scuffed at the fact that the crowd seemed to cheer loudly simply by Mike raising his arms in the air, almost saying to the crowd, "lets get going here!")

2) STOP BEGGING FOR THE BAND TO PLAY LEASH!!!!!!! Its been said on these boards before, the band knows we want to hear it, and Tim told me that unless the incessant whining stops, they will not play it! So, let it be said that the band knows we want to hear it, and when they decide to play it, is when we will hear it. Good things come to those who wait.

3) Tim asked me what shows I am going to (see my sig below). When I mentioned that I was going to Vegas, then San Diego, he mentioned that San Diego was one of the shows he was looking forward to the most. In his opinion, the band loves the vibe they get from the crowd in San Diego and he believe's the show in July will certainly be "something special".

I hope that we can all take Tim's advice and show our appreciation for the guys. Lets all start tomorrow night in Grand Rapids, and keep the momentum going from there.

Also, thanks again, Tim, for taking the time to stop and share your PJ wisdom. Personally, I was grateful to be able to thank you in person for all of the 10C staffers efforts, as opposed to sending an email or posting a message on the board.

See you all tomorrow and Saturday...

Dave

Just read this over on the Porch, if its true it totally sucks and I want everyone going to GR to show their appreciation by screaming your f**king head off

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    I hope they never play Leash.
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Bump for GR...Tomorrow folks.
  • Options
    katje30katje30 Posts: 4
    So ready for it to be time for the show right now.
    10/03/04 Grand Rapids
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids