Options

At the stoplight

justamjustam Posts: 21,392
edited September 2013 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
At the stoplight, a stranger knocked on the glass to ask for directions. She sat in the passenger seat and drifted off, listening to him give directions to someone else. At that moment, it didn't really matter what he was saying, it was just the sound of him. Sometimes she drifted off on the wave of his voice when he spoke. Not only was it warm and deep, but the words that floated on the air from his throat were like some magic carpet to her. They took her away to a place she loved even when she didn't pay attention to what he was saying. Sometimes he saw that distracted look on her face and he just had to laugh! (Then she laughed, blushed, and smiled too for she couldn't help it.) She enjoyed the way the sound of him could still carry her away any day.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Another day

A conversation was better than drifting off on a breeze of sound though. To hear what was on his mind and in his heart, that was so often the best way to spend a day. She knew she was lucky when he opened up! There were those times he was lost in thought and she just had to wait until he shifted through his mind enough to say something. She was happy to give him room to sort through all his pockets. What came out of him was always worth the time it took to percolate up to the surface.
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    you are quite the story teller,I love it !

Godfather.
  • Options
    Thanks Godfather. I've been trying to dip my toes into the story-writing ink pot. . :geek: :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    I'm enjoying this "story". I hope there are more instalments to come.
  • Options
    DinghyDog wrote:
    I'm enjoying this "story". I hope there are more instalments to come.

I think there will be more. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&