Oklahoma 11/16 Roll Call

Comments

• BeerBaron wrote:
    Daniel_80 wrote:
    Totally understand. I just wanna throw my name out there for you. I got tickets but in the back, I'm one of the unfortunate members that tried for the lotto and got denied twice. :cry:
    It must not have been your first choice then... I figured that most people who had this show ranked in their top 3 or 4 would get it... what did you rank it?

It was my second. First was Dallas. Tell you the truth I wasn't even planning on going to OKC show but considering pearl jam rearly ever tours the south I might as well do a second show but this time up front to enjoy the show. This will be my second time seeing pearl jam, fist was in 2003. Haven't seen them since.
    Espira
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Daniel_80 wrote:
    It was my second. First was Dallas. Tell you the truth I wasn't even planning on going to OKC show but considering pearl jam rearly ever tours the south I might as well do a second show but this time up front to enjoy the show. This will be my second time seeing pearl jam, fist was in 2003. Haven't seen them since.
    Wow. Did you pick GA only? I am surprised? Maybe I shouldn't be because the show is on a Saturday and only a 3 hour drive from Dallas, but I still am kinda surprised.

I guess I got lucky with OKC Reserved as my second choice.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    acharding wrote:
    RS146614 wrote:
    Haven't had a chance to read back through this thread. Is there an established place (bar) for the OKC pre-party?

tapwerks has been suggested and everyone seems ok with it :)

Tapwerks sounds pretty great to me.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Tapwerks just has a great ring to it.

Really looking forward to the Dallas/OKC weekend. Gonna be a really fun weekend, let alone two great shows to kick off Leg 2!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• BeerBaron wrote:
    Daniel_80 wrote:
    Wow. Did you pick GA only? I am surprised? Maybe I shouldn't be because the show is on a Saturday and only a 3 hour drive from Dallas, but I still am kinda surprised.

I guess I got lucky with OKC Reserved as my second choice.

In my book your really lucky. I messed up, I chose g.a. first thinking its one or the other. Then, when I went back to submit for reserved I chouldnt. It wouldn't give me the option for the 2nd leg. It showed 1st but not second leg. So I was my fault.
    Espira
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Daniel_80 wrote:
    In my book your really lucky. I messed up, I chose g.a. first thinking its one or the other. Then, when I went back to submit for reserved I chouldnt. It wouldn't give me the option for the 2nd leg. It showed 1st but not second leg. So I was my fault.
    Oh, so you didn't even choose Reserved seating in your choices. I think you would have got it had you ranked it as well. Although I assume you had Dallas ranked somewhere in there too.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • https://www.facebook.com/events/1396739057206092/

Hi everyone! I will posting a new thread soon but we will be hosting the Wishlist Foundation Pre-party at Tapwerks in Bricktown from 3-7 p.m. the evening of the show. Tapwerks is VERY excited about hosting this party so let's show them how great we can be! If you are interesting in donating an item for the pre-party fundraiser please email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:okc@wishlistfoundation.org">okc@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e --> and <!-- e --><a href="mailto:twosdaygrl@yahoo.com">twosdaygrl@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->.

Tapwerks has 212 beers on tap. On the first floor, they serve food and under 21 is welcome. On the second floor, there is darts, pool tables and shuffleboard. It will be a great time! I really do love OKC and feel like I need to represent them so please let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to PM me on this site also.
    Can't wait to see you all there! Let's make this the BEST raffle/auction Wishlist Fundraiser has ever seen!!!

www.tapwerks.com
    Come find us at:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1396739057206092/
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    twosdaygrl wrote:

Hi everyone! I will posting a new thread soon but we will be hosting the Wishlist Foundation Pre-party at Tapwerks in Bricktown from 3-7 p.m. the evening of the show. Tapwerks is VERY excited about hosting this party so let's show them how great we can be! If you are interesting in donating an item for the pre-party fundraiser please email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:okc@wishlistfoundation.org">okc@wishlistfoundation.org</a><!-- e --> and <!-- e --><a href="mailto:twosdaygrl@yahoo.com">twosdaygrl@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->.

Tapwerks has 212 beers on tap. On the first floor, they serve food and under 21 is welcome. On the second floor, there is darts, pool tables and shuffleboard. It will be a great time! I really do love OKC and feel like I need to represent them so please let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to PM me on this site also.
    Can't wait to see you all there! Let's make this the BEST raffle/auction Wishlist Fundraiser has ever seen!!!

http://www.tapwerks.com
    Come find us at:

Thanks for posting and putting this together for this show. Tapwerks looks like an awesome place! Gonna be a great time, can't wait.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• GA- heading there from Iowa. Thanks for letting us know that the sooners are playing my cyclones (didn't put that together until I just read this!). So I guess I will be heading to see my alma matter Iowa State Cyclones (depending on game time) and seeing my favorite band (24th show!)in the same day! What a weekend :D
    rdillon wrote:
    OKC: GA
    Dallas: Reserved

The Hampton Inn & Suites is my favorite hotel in Bricktown. Depending on your room, you may have a view into our minor league baseball stadium. It's about a 5 minute walk to the arena. The Sheraton is really nice too. Hilton owns a historic hotel named the Skirvin that is also a walk away from the arena. OKC has really just developed in the last decade or so and all hotels in Bricktown are really nice and a simple walk away. TapWerks will make the perfect place for the pre-party. Be aware of a Knights Inn @ Bricktown. It's not really in Bricktown and in a truckstop corner about 2 miles east of Bricktown. Airport area hotels are nice as well and only about a 20 minute drive away, very easy highway route.

OU plays Iowa State that Saturday in Norman. Norman is about 30 minutes south of OKC. Depending on the kickoff time, you may be able to catch the game or grab a tailgate experience ..... or see where Mookie Blaylock played college basketball! There are plenty of bars in the Bricktown area that are within walking distance from the arena. The area is extremely safe for families at night. The OKC Bombing Memorial is nice to see and is a short drive or really even walking distance away from the arena.

There are a few really cool record shops in the area. Guestroom Records has a small shop in Bricktown and another a short drive away. Size Records is another shop to check out and is a short drive away as well.

Someone mentioned that we have a Flaming Lips Alley in Bricktown that makes a cool photo op spot. You can actually look up and see where Wayne Coyne lives and drive by his house (a really cool place in a very low rent area, but really safe part of downtown OKC)...hell knock on his door and say what up.

We also have a new area called the Boathouse District (on the River). There are some activities worth looking into at http://riversportokc.org/

Just a few thoughts....enjoy your time in OKC!

THANK YOU for this!!
  • Sadly, for the record, Guestroom Records will be closed by then. :( Found out A few days ago. But Tapwerks will still be there! It' will be a greaqt time!
  • Forgive me. I mean Great!
  • For sure be there. This is my first p.j. road trip as well as gathering, kinda nervous not knowing anybody but looking forward on meeting you all. Finally, people that share the love that is Pearl Jam! Can't wait...
    Espira
  • Mookie Was A SoonerMookie Was A Sooner Choctaw, Oklahoma Posts: 28
    Agpan wrote:
    Count me in for Pre-party. Driving in from KCMO and have GA. Only my second concert but well over 20 years as a FAN!!! just never had time to join the 10 club until middle age! Thanks also for hotel ideas and great info ... No idea Mookie played basketball in OK!! Sounds like a great jersey to have on hand...

Also have no idea how GA works? Anyone have time to offer short explanation? Many thanks. Also this concert in on my birthday! I will have to buy a few rounds!!

Mookie was a Sooner!!!!
    OKC 11-23-93
    OKC 04-03-03
    Seattle 09-21-09
    Seattle 09-22-09
    Kansas City 05-03-10
    Tulsa 11-18-12 (Vedder)
    Tulsa 11-19-12 (Vedder)
    Dallas 11-15-13
    OKC 11-16-13
  • WesCWesC Posts: 92
    I'm in! OKC, PHX & PDX.
    It's going to be a great November
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    twosdaygrl wrote:

http://www.tapwerks.com
    Come find us at:
    Nice
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Perfect!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • regalturboregalturbo Posts: 296
    I'll be there in the pit! Haven't figured out my before and after plans yet (likely driving down from Denver).
  • achardingacharding Posts: 359
    Long shot...but does anyone have an extra GA for Dallas? I've spent two weeks trying to figure out a way to add this show and I think i have finally done it! Only problem is I don't have a ticket :( I'm super fun and will bring beer and cookies!!
  • angiebabyazangiebabyaz Tucson, AZ Posts: 148

OU plays Iowa State that Saturday in Norman. Norman is about 30 minutes south of OKC. Depending on the kickoff time, you may be able to catch the game or grab a tailgate experience ..... or see where Mookie Blaylock played college basketball!

Boomer Sooner :thumbup:
    Nice to see a fellow Sooner fan here...originally from Norman and hoping to make the trip from Tucson to see Pearl Jam & the Sooners!
    Phoenix 1992
    San Francisco OSL 2009
    New York City MSG 1&2 2010
    EV Santa Barbara 2011
    Alpine Valley 2011
    Philadelphia, Missoula 2012
    EV Las Vegas 1 & 2, Phoenix 2012
    Chicago, Brooklyn, Dallas, OKC, Phoenix, Seattle 2013
    Memphis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School 2014
    Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2015
    Jazz Fest, MSG II, RIDE Fest, Fenway, Wrigley, Ohana 2016
    Many thanks to a fellow fan for hooking me up with a spare GA ticket for OKC .... With that said I am looking to help bring another friend to the pit with us in OKC. Please hit me up if anyone has a spare and is willing to help a fellow fan with a killer experience!
    OKC 11-23-93
    OKC 04-03-03
    Seattle 09-21-09
    Seattle 09-22-09
    Kansas City 05-03-10
    Tulsa 11-18-12 (Vedder)
    Tulsa 11-19-12 (Vedder)
    Dallas 11-15-13
    OKC 11-16-13
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Thank You for picking an all age place! Says the father of a 13 year old going to show.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320

OU plays Iowa State that Saturday in Norman. Norman is about 30 minutes south of OKC. Depending on the kickoff time, you may be able to catch the game or grab a tailgate experience ..... or see where Mookie Blaylock played college basketball!

Nice to see a fellow Sooner fan here...originally from Norman and hoping to make the trip from Tucson to see Pearl Jam & the Sooners!

My gf is coming with me and she's an OU grad, so we are stopping by Norman on the way in so she can show me the campus and hopefully check out the gameday experience.
  • angiebabyazangiebabyaz Tucson, AZ Posts: 148

My gf is coming with me and she's an OU grad, so we are stopping by Norman on the way in so she can show me the campus and hopefully check out the gameday experience.

The campus is beautiful and the game day experience unrivaled. She'll love it.
    Phoenix 1992
    San Francisco OSL 2009
    New York City MSG 1&2 2010
    EV Santa Barbara 2011
    Alpine Valley 2011
    Philadelphia, Missoula 2012
    EV Las Vegas 1 & 2, Phoenix 2012
    Chicago, Brooklyn, Dallas, OKC, Phoenix, Seattle 2013
    Memphis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver, Bridge School 2014
    Porto Alegre, São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro 2015
    Jazz Fest, MSG II, RIDE Fest, Fenway, Wrigley, Ohana 2016
  • b-sidesb-sides Posts: 23
    Headed down with my brother and a few other buddies.
    Kansas City, MO-2010
    East Troy, WI Night 1 & 2-2011
    EV Tulsa, OK-2012
    Dallas, TX-2013
    Oklahoma City, OK-2013
    St. Louis, MO-2014
    Tulsa, OK-2014
    Still in search of any GA tickets for OKC. Looking to be able to bring in a few friends who missed out on tickets. Thank you!
    OKC 11-23-93
    OKC 04-03-03
    Seattle 09-21-09
    Seattle 09-22-09
    Kansas City 05-03-10
    Tulsa 11-18-12 (Vedder)
    Tulsa 11-19-12 (Vedder)
    Dallas 11-15-13
    OKC 11-16-13
  • jninejnine Posts: 43
    I just found out I have to be in OKC for work 2 days before this show. I would love to hang out for a day and then go to the show, does anyone have an extra ticket? If so, pm me. Thanks.
    I have a spare 10C ticket available if anyone is interested, send me a PM if interested.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

I have sold my spare 10C ticket to the show.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• I'm also still looking for a few GA tickets to OKC. PM me if you can help!

Please and thank you!
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • I'll be there. It's a border state for me. Thanks Matt Steele aka TBoz.
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down