Camping at Gorge (in and around)

kidcollinskidcollins Posts: 47
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I know this has been covered already. Where, besides the campground right at the venue can you camp in and around the area. I don't wanna walk 5 miles either. Something where there are some trees to shade me from teh blistering sun. Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Good luck my friend. If you find that spot you describe let everyone know. I don't think it exists. :)
    NERDS!
  • Number 18Number 18 Posts: 132
    You probably aren't gonna find anything with shade at this point where you don't have to walk or drive at least a small distance.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Yep, you got to be willing to drive a little ways. ;)
  • denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    kidcollins wrote:
    I know this has been covered already. Where, besides the campground right at the venue can you camp in and around the area. I don't wanna walk 5 miles either. Something where there are some trees to shade me from teh blistering sun. Thanks

stop fucking around with prices already..this isnt a consumer report website..just bit the bullet and pay the man..really though, its totally worth camping at the Gorge...you'll have a great time!
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • kidcollinskidcollins Posts: 47
    Money is'nt an issue. I just want a suitable place to camp. I don't wanna be boozin for 48 hrs straight. I'd like to actually enjoy the surroundings during the day and party for the shows. I've heard that camping at the venue can be a total gong show. I don't know if I can have 2 days of gong shows. So where is the next closest camp site other then the one at the venue. Simple enuf question...
  • slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    you mention the blistering sun and lack of shade.....anyone care to share more about the downsides/inconveniences/sucky parts to camping at the gorge? never been to the gorge before but I will be camping os I have no idea what to expect....what should I bring? what are the "must haves" for enjoying the camping/show experience?
  • slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    bump for "insider tips" for camping at the gorge.

Are fires allowed? camp stoves? what is good ot bring along for entertainment? (I know what ot pack for concerts/tailgating and what pack for real camping but have never packed for both, especially where space is of the concern as we will be flying in).
    Is it a safe bet to count on the campground concession stands for food for the whole weekend?
    Are they as expensive as normal in-venue concessions?
  • Is it possible to purchase tickets for the Gorge show and camping at the Bellingham ticketmaster anyone? It won't let me buy tickets in Canada unless I do will call, but I'm 18 and I wouldn't be able to take my parents credit card down. So I'm driving down there tomorrow and really dont want to find out they're not available at that location! Thanks. Otherwise I might just have to hope there's still tickets for the July 23rd show when I drive there, which would be very stressful.

P.S. Slug i don't think you're allowed to have fires but I could be mistaken, because it's kind of a hot dry area at high risk for fires.
    Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/23/06
  • slug420 wrote:
    you mention the blistering sun and lack of shade.....anyone care to share more about the downsides/inconveniences/sucky parts to camping at the gorge? never been to the gorge before but I will be camping os I have no idea what to expect....what should I bring? what are the "must haves" for enjoying the camping/show experience?

It's hot as hell, there is no shade, you get little to no sleep, when the sun starts to rise at 6 in the morning it gets really bright and hot. Bring lots of water, beer, snack food, sunscreen, and maybe a tarp to hang up on a car for a little shade. Bring stuff to keep yourself entertained during the day. Besides that it should be great.
  • skinnypigskinnypig Posts: 75
    Whenever I camp I take a portalbe tarp gazebo thing to provide shade and just move it around the camp site to keep me in the shade. Make sure the tarp is thick enough to block the sun. This is from Accuweather, and its still a week or so out but its going to be hot and dry.

Friday, Jul 21
    Abundant sunshine and very warm. Winds from the N at 9 mph. High: 96° F RealFeel: 95° F
    Friday Night: Mainly clear. Winds from the N at 6 mph. Low: 70° F RealFeel: 70° F

Saturday, Jul 22
    Sunshine and hot. Winds from the NNW at 11 mph. High: 98° F RealFeel: 95° F
    Saturday Night: Clear. Winds from the NNW at 13 mph. Low: 71° F RealFeel: 70° F

Sunday, Jul 23
    Sunshine and hot. Winds from the NNW at 14 mph. High: 98° F RealFeel: 94° F
    Sunday Night: Clear. Winds from the NNW at 13 mph.
  • You might also want to bring a thin long-sleeve or a light jacket for the night time, because it can get really windy. I mean REALLY windy.