"Jonny Bails Floatin" My new novel, now available!

Comments

• EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    Super. Can't wait.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Can I get it in a coffee table book?
    coffeetables2.jpg
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Well, we do have room on our new bookcase for authors "before K"..... :think:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Johnny, have you ever felt like being inspired from the band during your writing?

And, congratulations. It is a blast to find out that such talent exists in this forum. :) :corn: :D
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    jumbojet wrote:
    Johnny, have you ever felt like being inspired from the band during your writing?

And, congratulations. It is a blast to find out that such talent exists in this forum. :) :corn: :D

Most definitely. There might even be one PJ reference somewhere near the middle of the book. I listened to quite a bit of PJ and Ed tunes while I was writing.. mostly acoustic stuff because the heavier stuff can get distracting. :mrgreen: And thanks jumbojet!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Can I get it in a coffee table book?

I always consider special requests, especially yours.
    Enkidu wrote:
    Super. Can't wait.

:mrgreen:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Well, we do have room on our new bookcase for authors "before K"..... :think:

:thumbup:

Thanks again all! I sometimes dislike the idea of peddling stuff here, but this book has quite a few musical references and inspirations, so I thought it might be right up your alley. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I keep reading Jonny Balls Floating ... :? :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif

:lol: Funny you should say that -- the first book cover design had a font that looked 100% like Jonny BALLS.
    There's a play on words there (on purpose)... a few of them :lol:
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Congratulations Jonny! Can't wait to read it...books about drunks are right up my alley ;)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    im jealous of him & snakeduckeyed! they each have two books going while im still stuck at one book barelly going.
    but guess what? it's fucking on! i'll be self publishing my stuff thanks to the advice of mr. pistachio. it'll happen someday when i am not a lost asshole & dick

if you folks haven't got his self proclaimed "sloppy" poetry book, i suggest getting the fucker as it is hilarious & has great story telling in it
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Congratulations Jonny! Can't wait to read it...books about drunks are right up my alley ;)

:lol: a small spoiler... in the first 10-15 pages, Jonny Bails requires a friend to carry him passed out drunk. But he cleans it up as stuff gets rolling. :mrgreen:
    chadwick wrote:
    im jealous of him & snakeduckeyed! they each have two books going while im still stuck at one book barelly going.
    but guess what? it's fucking on! i'll be self publishing my stuff thanks to the advice of mr. pistachio. it'll happen someday when i am not a lost asshole & dick

if you folks haven't got his self proclaimed "sloppy" poetry book, i suggest getting the fucker as it is hilarious & has great story telling in it

:D Thanks chadwick! and yes, publishing is evolving quickly and the book world is going through a major face-lift.

btw, your poetry book rides along side my poetry book to ever music gig I have in my handy dandy carrying case for good luck. :)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    does the book have pictures?
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:

:D Thanks chadwick! and yes, publishing is evolving quickly and the book world is going through a major face-lift.

btw, your poetry book rides along side my poetry book to ever music gig I have in my handy dandy carrying case for good luck. :)
    honored

that daniel eyed is something else as well. the other day his poetry floored me. i love you guys. the minds of creative writers & other artists... greatness

also, nothing like consuming several drugs & several bottles of wine & going to town bringing one's visions to paper. that is the one thing i miss about drinking myself silly.

hash
    grass
    pills
    wine or whiskey
    pen & paper

fucking good times

you are a gifted visionary, something like jim morrison
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Sadly, only on the front cover.
    chadwick wrote:
    honored

that daniel eyed is something else as well. the other day his poetry floored me. i love you guys. the minds of creative writers & other artists... greatness

also, nothing like consuming several drugs & several bottles of wine & going to town bringing one's visions to paper. that is the one thing i miss about drinking myself silly.

hash
    grass
    pills
    wine or whiskey
    pen & paper

fucking good times

you are a gifted visionary, something like jim morrison

That is am amazing compliment chadwick. I appreciate that more that you know. :D
    btw, i've really backed off on the sauce, and it was tough for awhile, but im more productive now for sure.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    chadwick wrote:

Sir, your book is awesome.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Does he need to read it over the phone to you too?
    For those of you who are interested in getting a copy, Jonny Bails Floatin is now available...

On Kindle (introductory price 2.99): http://www.amazon.com/Bioluminescence-I ... ls+floatin

And it wasnt ready on paperback through Amazon yet, but it will be in the next few days. However, it is available in paperback through this site temporarily (intro price of 8.99): https://www.createspace.com/4293274

I will also have a few dozen paperbacks sent to my house if anyone would rather I send it to you, please let me know.

Thanks! and I hope you enjoy it. :D
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    This is awesome, where can I pick it up when I get back home in Lake Worth?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:

Peace

Hey G! I will have some copies, and I am working on getting it in a few shops around LW and WPB. There arent any book stores that I know of, so I'm looking at places like Top-5 records in downtown LW.
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Hey G! I will have some copies, and I am working on getting it in a few shops around LW and WPB. There arent any book stores that I know of, so I'm looking at places like Top-5 records in downtown LW.

Thank you, however I'd like to buy one just boost sales and maybe your ego. :D This sounds and reads like the kind of books I like to read especially since I have a bit of a break with it being summer and the kids seem to have left the house. So Top-5 records in LW just let me know when and if they get them in, I'll get one....then hopefully down the road you could sign it....it should jump in value then. 8-)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    Got my electronic copy :D

I will take the tablet to Chicago, maybe I can squeeze in a couple of pages there ... Congratulations!
    g under p wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Thank you, however I'd like to buy one just boost sales and maybe your ego. :D This sounds and reads like the kind of books I like to read especially since I have a bit of a break with it being summer and the kids seem to have left the house. So Top-5 records in LW just let me know when and if they get them in, I'll get one....then hopefully down the road you could sign it....it should jump in value then. 8-)

Peace

I appreciate that as it does boost my sales numbers when bought online. But i'll update you when I get them in stores locally too.
    I've heard from most folks that it is a quick, easy, and fun summertime read. :D
    Got my electronic copy :D

I will take the tablet to Chicago, maybe I can squeeze in a couple of pages there ... Congratulations!

Thanks Leezestarr! much, much appreciated! I will need to buy a lot of drinks for folks when I finally make it to a PJ show! :P
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I shall read this book while eating a bag of pistachios
    LloydXmas wrote:

Even better some pistachio ice cream it was 96 here in Maryland.

Peace

LloydXmas wrote:

:mrgreen: This is the right way to do it. :lol:
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    I started reading it last night, and I like it :D :thumbup:
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    That's how I read too :lol::lol::lol: I was wondering why the hell are Johnny's Balls floating? hahahahaha

Electronic copy bought :mrgreen:
    I started reading it last night, and I like it :D :thumbup:

:D:D Thanks! so much!
    That's how I read too :lol::lol::lol: I was wondering why the hell are Johnny's Balls floating? hahahahaha

Electronic copy bought :mrgreen:

I really should've spelled his name Jonny Bales (not Bails), huh? :lol:

Thank you of the girl! :mrgreen: