Options

"Jonny Bails Floatin" My new novel, now available!

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    hgpjam11 said:

Can we start casting the film for you? Maybe Jeff Bridges is Jonny's friend (I can't remember his name now - Booker?)

Lol, yes!
    We made a few suggestions a few pages back I think...there were some doozies...I cant believe I forgot Jeff Bridges! He would be perfect for Booker. :)

Oh and that reminds me, I forgot to post a picture I stumbled upon that reminded me of "The Bomb."

Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
  • Options
    rollings said:

Haha, oh hey Rollings! Thanks! :) I hope that guys water doesnt break.

I've been thinking of doing a promotion. The 1 year anniversary is next week.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Any News on the Movie Adaptation?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    How is the follow up coming Mr Glassman?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    I want to be in the movie. It doesn't even have to be a speaking part...though my voice is lovely.
  • Options

Any News on the Movie Adaptation?

I still havent heard back from Sam Rockwell!

How is the follow up coming Mr Glassman?

Well, As you all might know from my lack of posting, between my job and new baby, time is getting the best of me. The next novle is mostly written. Im near the end, but its going to require a ton of editing. hopefully next summer release! :)
    mca47 said:

I want to be in the movie. It doesn't even have to be a speaking part...though my voice is lovely.

Mca youre in buddy.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Hi, stranger. Nice to see you here. :smile:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Is the mini Glassman here?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Mini Glassman is pretty darn cute.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Great to hear from you -- hope that all is going well and we look forward to the book. Congratulations on the new baby!
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I miss you all... Here's apic of my little guy ^^^ :)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Nice, JP!

So ... we take it you've been busy....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    great picture. both are happy & one is hairier than the other & somewhat shorter
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    Big smiles, Jon!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Dimples AND double chin? Oh my.

(your little one, not you, JP =) )
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    Fantastic JP!! Great Picture.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Big smile looking at that picture, thanks for posting man!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Great picture Jon!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    edited August 2018
    new novel coming out called "An Awful Paradise"

(from his facebook page)
    My second novel, An Awful Paradise, comes out in one week! 8.14.18“High up in the treetops, the Lovely Lady was nonchalantly leaning against an adjacent tree, below Isaac’s balcony about fifty feet down. She leaned over the rail and spit over the side – watching as the loogie hovered for a moment before it began its descent. She looked up again and gave an unsure half wave and a slight smile. Then she proceeded to abruptly, yet gracefully, to step off the wood plank and dropped like a bag of bricks toward the mist below. Without hesitation, Isaac followed her down. The trees were so tall that Isaac had no idea how much time they had before the ground came – time often plays tricks on a person during a free fall from these heights. Moments had passed feeling like an eternity. He guessed they were half way to the bottom. The air had not begun to burn his lungs or skin as he had expected. He was catching up to her...”

This entire story takes place in the time it takes Isaac to fall from the top of a two-thousand foot tree – with flashbacks to 1674, back-stories of characters that help Isaac along the way, and escapades of spirits that have been wronged by the keepers of time – Isaac hits the ground with force, setting off a chain of events that defy laws of nature and bring a new species of people face to face with humans. As Isaac sneaks from city to city, he hunts for tidbits of information regarding a mysterious and powerful Aumakuan named Thornlo who is rumored to be a prisoner somewhere on Earth. Isaac will stop at nothing to find Thornlo and discover the history of the relationship between Aumakua and Earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beYV5QpNhGs

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Nice, thanjs Dave!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing it here, Dave!
    Ive been meaning to share it here too, but just been so busy with work and kid and all.

A lot of friends here on the PJ boards read my first book, Jonny Bails Floatin, and tended to enjoy it, but this new book is quite different from the last. Its kinda like the difference between Vitalogy and No Code. haha! :)
  • Options
    Ordered -- I really liked the first one.
  • Options
    Ordered -- I really liked the first one.
    thanks F Me! :)
    Like I said, this new one is very different. But the next book I'm currently working on (my third novel-- who knows when it'll be out) is very similar in style to Jonny Bails. The working title is ?The Adventures of Sturgill Sharkfucker. I'm going to have to change that title I assume haha..
  • Options
    My 4 year old:  "Dad, what is that book you are reading?"
    Me "It is about a guy called Sharkfucker."

• Options
    My 4 year old:  "Dad, what is that book you are reading?"
    Me "It is about a guy called Sharkfucker."

Haha! 
    how about Sharkwrangler? not quite the same ring to it, but definitely more PG. ;)
  • Options
    SharkAlabamaHotPocketer

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    My next read- An Awful Paradise. Thanks, Jon! :smiley:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    Thanks for sharing it here, Dave!
    Ive been meaning to share it here too, but just been so busy with work and kid and all.

A lot of friends here on the PJ boards read my first book, Jonny Bails Floatin, and tended to enjoy it, but this new book is quite different from the last. Its kinda like the difference between Vitalogy and No Code. haha! :)
    no problem man. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly