Options

Honestly?? I'm kind of pissed!!!

pearljam559pearljam559 Posts: 33
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Ok I really haven't pay'd that close of attention to the to the tour dates. All I knew was that Pearl Jam wasn't playing in Dallas or anywher else even close to the state of Texas! Then I noticed that pearl Jam is playin in 11! Yes 11 Venues that have Back to back showes. Thats 22 shows, in 11 cities. COME ON GUYS!!! I can see having 2 shows in New York. But spread some shows out. and tour at least in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Florida. I guess they forgot all about the Southern United States!!

Pearljam559
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Ok I really haven't pay'd that close of attention to the to the tour dates. All I knew was that Pearl Jam wasn't playing in Dallas or anywher else even close to the state of Texas! Then I noticed that pearl Jam is playin in 11! Yes 11 Venues that have Back to back showes. Thats 22 shows, in 11 cities. COME ON GUYS!!! I can see having 2 shows in New York. But spread some shows out. and tour at least in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Florida. I guess they forgot all about the Southern United States!!

Pearljam559

Yes. Is something most of us people living in the South have noticed a while ago. Come join us at The Porch in such delightful threads as the "Official Please Play the South Petition," "Official Petition for a West Palm Beach 2-nighter," "Red State Suicide," "Everybody Please Make Play the South Signs," and my own "The NEW I fuckin' feel like talking about the South" thread.

See you there! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Maybe next year Pearl Jam will play 10 times in Florida and all the southern states they missed. Then I'll be pissed!! lol. This has been such a weird tour so far with how hey announced it. I didn't think a big band like PJ would skip Florida .
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    I didn't think a big band like PJ would skip Florida .
    they've been watchin too much invasion
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Maybe next year Pearl Jam will play 10 times in Florida and all the southern states they missed. Then I'll be pissed!! lol. This has been such a weird tour so far with how hey announced it. I didn't think a big band like PJ would skip Florida .

Weird is and understatement. I'll up ya and go for Debacle!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    duggro wrote:
    they've been watchin too much invasion
    :D LOL .. you're good man :D
  • Options
    Bravesfan21Bravesfan21 Posts: 37
    I'm hoping they are just waiting for fall or the winter before they play down south. Because it's really hot down here during the summer and the guys are from Seattle, Chicago, and Montana so they aren't used to the heat.

I'm sure they will at least play Atlanta sometime in the fall or winter and a date in Florida and probably Dallas.
  • Options
    even tho i am oh so greatful to have had the two toronto shows i feel bad for you guys it really isnt fair they should spread it out more
    dream like your living forever
    live like your dying today
  • Options
    mankind27mankind27 Posts: 33
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Come join us at The Porch in such delightful threads as the "Official Please Play the South Petition," "Official Petition for a West Palm Beach 2-nighter," "Red State Suicide," "Everybody Please Make Play the South Signs," and my own "The NEW I fuckin' feel like talking about the South" thread.

You know your just giving them ideas...
    'I wish i came from a country that never went to war, I wish i came from a country that took care of its poor,
    Maybe someday that will change, in the place from where we came,
    But in the mean time thanks for the example, in the mean time thanks for giving us hope...'
  • Options
    hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    2 thoughts.

1-They could still announce a southern only 3rd leg.

2-It seems like playing back-to back would be less expensive over-all. You're still selling lots of tickets but you don't have to pack everything up and move it to the next town. With gas prices and all....it seems cheaper to stay put.
  • Options
    pearljam559pearljam559 Posts: 33
    Oh trust me, Pearl Jam could find a way to Play Dallas and make Money. I would pay 60 bucks to watch Eddie Sit on A stool and Play an Acoustic at the Smirnoff Music Center. And so would 40,000 other people.

I hope ya'll are right about a 3rd Leg of a Upcoming US Tour. But it looks like Pearl Jam is booked up until the End of the Year. :(
  • Options
    DerekLee1DerekLee1 Posts: 18
    I've seen them 5 times in the last year (Atlantic City 1 & 2, Philly, Camden 1 & 2). The funny thing is, I'm from Houston, and I haven't seen them there in over 3 years because they haven't been there.

Is it a conspiracy against the red states?

http://www.electoral-vote.com/
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I live in Colorado and even if they play 10 times in Florida, my ass will be there! I just want more shows!

Yes, I am getting PJ to play Denver, but only because of Petty. Although, I love them both, I prefer to see them separate for the sake of longer sets from both. So I would even love them to return to Denver, but I know it's not going to happen and I accept that. At least they are coming...regardless of the reason.

Give the South some dates, baby!
  • Options
    neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167

Pearljam559

i predict some more shows in the fall
  • Options
    stone720stone720 Posts: 49
    I'm hoping they are just waiting for fall or the winter before they play down south. Because it's really hot down here during the summer and the guys are from Seattle, Chicago, and Montana so they aren't used to the heat.

I'm sure they will at least play Atlanta sometime in the fall or winter and a date in Florida and probably Dallas.

I agree. I'm in San Antonio, Texas and it is just too hot to even breathe. I don't blame them if they are holding out for us until winter.
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    glad to see you finally emerged from underneath that rock you have been living under.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,750

Pearljam559

well, nobody's said the entire tour has been announced yet.

I'd stay tuned for southern/midwest dates in early '07.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    i predict some more shows in the fall

they're already booked out of the country through November.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    If PJ don't play in your state than go to a Pearl Jam show in another state simp,e as that.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    If PJ don't play in your state than go to a Pearl Jam show in another state simp,e as that.

I'm doing that. But I can imagine how difficult it might be for some people. The U.S. is big. If you live in south Texas or Florida ... you can't simply pack up and drive to a show. at least not easily.
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Pearljam559
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Oh trust me, Pearl Jam could find a way to Play Dallas and make Money. I would pay 60 bucks to watch Eddie Sit on A stool and Play an Acoustic at the Smirnoff Music Center. And so would 40,000 other people.

I hope ya'll are right about a 3rd Leg of a Upcoming US Tour. But it looks like Pearl Jam is booked up until the End of the Year. :(
    Hell yeah dude, Smirnoff center rocks. Now I grew up 20 minutes from the woodlands in Houston, and that venue is great too. But Smirnoff is great, seen 4 shows there, and the Pearl jam crowd is byfar the absolute best- hands down!! Pearl jam sells very well here, and they probably draw the biggest Texas crowd. I have a feeling they will hit the South and Dallas and probably the woodlands (houston) after the holidays in late winter or/ april or may in the spring. Some of our fellow Dallas PJ friends on here, went to Jersey (maybe E rutherford) and said they talked to the merch staff, and mentioned Texas to them, and the staff, said they were planning on coming this way. Pearl jam shows in Dallas are the shit... they have to play here. I would really love to see them play Granada theater, but that is probably never gonna happen- but would be sweet.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    leadbedr10leadbedr10 Posts: 409
    I am sooo glad I moved out to the east coast this year. It was so easy to go to as many shows as i could.
    Not the same in 03 when i lived in phoenix. The east coast is very spoiled.

I can tell ya i got my saving going already for leg 3.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    No one has ever played 2 shows in Adelaide as big as PJ are anyway. Its pretty much a first and I was shocked when I first heard about it. I think the cities that PJ are playing 2 nights are places that will go close to selling out both nights. If I was PJ I would sure rather play 2 nights in Chicago or Boston with the crowd going mental than 'so so' crowds at other venues.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
    ... to all you guys - T-R-A-V-E-L!!!

Trust me - its the spice of life!!!! Im based in london, UK and I have had to wait 6 YEARS since my favourite band came ANYWHERE near me!! and they STILL dont play my COUNTRY let alone my town.... So what did I do??

I bought tickets for Marseilles, Barcelona and Athens - and trust me... Europes low cost airlines aint that low cost anymore!!...

So please... if you want it enough... GET UP OFF YOUR ASSES!!
  • Options
    redAPPLEredAPPLE Posts: 61
    W

(also spoken as dubya. maybe they are boycotting.)
    WANTED: Spare ticket of any of the following: Munich, Katowice, Copenhagen, Duesseldorf.

Please drop a private message.
  • Options
    redAPPLE wrote:
    W

(also spoken as dubya. maybe they are boycotting.)
    doesn't sound like it....Stone said today that they just haven't been selling a lot of tickets in the south so it's hard to justify touring down there. Of course, I later heard Kanye West's response was, "Stone doesn't care about black people." Hey, I didn't say it....and I don't subscribe to it...go talk to Kanye about it.
  • Options
    the other thing i will add to the fire is the fact that the played two nights in chicago then two nights in milwaukee which is about only two hours away. and didn't they play three shows in san fran and three around jersey.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    why, oh why was this thread resurrected?
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810
    just a thought- do you think they skipped the south a lot because its much more conservative (obviously) than where they played?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2