Options

Getting Close to the Stage at Bonnaroo..

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    I wonder what the hardass 30/40 year old MetallicA fans (after an entire day of binge drinking in the hot summer TN sun) will think of The Jamily?
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    they will surely hate the Jamily.

as will the indie kids and the pseudo-neo-hippies.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    I wonder what the hardass 30/40 year old MetallicA fans (after an entire day of binge drinking in the hot summer TN sun) will think of The Jamily?

hehehehehehehe...............

that thought has crossed my mind the last week or so.....

could make for an interesting weekend ...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    fanch75 wrote:

i ain't scared of any Metallica fans....bring it :)

we'll all be dosey do'ing to Parachutes when its all said and done.

one big happy Jamily.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    guys, it's not going to be a gang war.

this isn't Michael Jackson's Bad video.

no one will be snapping to the duel.

everyone just calm down.
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Yeah. And beat up little Jamily people, take their beloved show posters, and bitch smack them with them....followed by peeing all over said poster.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    fanch75 wrote:
    Yeah. And beat up little Jamily people, take their beloved show posters, and bitch smack them with them....followed by peeing all over said poster.

and i can't wait.

i'll bitch slap em right back and then cut off their mullets. haha
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

the metallica crowd will be setting fire to the jamily peoples posters...

and i might just fucking join them...

hehehehehehehe..............
  • Options
    speedy, YOU ARE THE JAMILY.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    i cant wait to see the metallicas crowd reaction when Mr. Vedder and the boys play 2 or 3 in a row off RIOT ACT!!!!
  • Options
    after drinking gallons of JACK DANIELS in the sun for 12 hours the metallica people are just going to love this one.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6S1Rh0MQSdA
  • Options
    hatebush wrote:
    I've been going to general admission shows for YEARS. Get there whenever you want. When people start moshing just push your way up front. It is easy and better than waiting in line for 10 hours.....
    I hope there aren't that many ignorant people going to this festival. Caose I'll be pissed, and people will see a fit.
  • Options
    i bet these fuckers cant wait to hear.....

elderly woman...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w_WwtTewsdE&feature=related
  • Options
    speedy, stop maknig problems where there are none.

the bands aren't playing on the same nights and i bet the diehards from both camps won't stick around for the entirety of the Roo.
  • Options
    i will try my hardest to get there, speedy. with no pushing or moshing. why do you hate on people so much?
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    distantsun wrote:
    speedy, stop maknig problems where there are none.

the bands aren't playing on the same nights and i bet the diehards from both camps won't stick around for the entirety of the Roo.

you really need to lighten up my friend....

im just having a little fun....

just like the fun the metallica people are going to have as they build their bonfires with riot act LP's............
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I understand, I would like to be up front. Been a fan since 1992, have an ok 10c number, but have never been closer than row 13. This is like the only chance I will have to be up front. Depends on my mood and the heat and all that, but I'll try pretty hard.
    I was also wondering about the bleacher seats. Hoping for VIP, so how far / or close are those? If all else fails, I'll go sit there. I know they bake in the sun during the day, but they should be alright at night right?
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    i will try my hardest to get there, speedy. with no pushing or moshing. why do you hate on people so much?
    why do i hate on people???

i dont hate anyone........
  • Options
    im pretty sure sunday morning i will wake up and cook pancakes and grilled cheese for the "jamily....as we gather together and sing kumbaya....

but saturday night i am going to go out with the metallica people....into the hills of tennessee and hunt for wild boar....

with our bare hands..........
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    wow.
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    right!
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    there are Metallica fans? i think PJ will have the largest fanbase by far

i seriously cant see any self-respecting head banger shell out 200 bucks for a sellout Metallica show.

i think the crowd will be fine. i was worried, but now i think it will be alright.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,621
    MrSmith wrote:
    i think the crowd will be fine. i was worried, but now i think it will be alright.

Oh come on, theres bound to be at least one drunken asshole in the parking lot/campground who wants to shoot bottle rockets off all night.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    im pretty sure sunday morning i will wake up and cook pancakes and grilled cheese for the "jamily....as we gather together and sing kumbaya....

but saturday night i am going to go out with the metallica people....into the hills of tennessee and hunt for wild boar....

with our bare hands..........

Make sure you try some of the local moonshine.......Cletus the Slack-jawed Yokel will give you a free batch if you memorize all of his kids' names!

Make sure you stear-clear of the Kenny, Karl and Keiths' Moonshine...don't let the name fool you; the profits go to a HORRIBLE cause!
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    Get_Right wrote:
    wait till you experience PJ with 50K plus in front of the stage
    all trying to get up front
    manners get lost in that push and it aint fun

I would guess the metallica crowd will be even worse

Perhaps years ago, but this aint no hippy fest anymore

some would say fuck manners at a concert....

and actually, i saw and physically bumped into these asses at lolla.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    URthekey wrote:
    Oh come on, theres bound to be at least one drunken asshole in the parking lot/campground who wants to shoot bottle rockets off all night.

you mean besides me? :)
  • Options
    i cant wait to see the "jamily" walking around with their Peta shirts and..... save the seals shirts.....talking about your favorite bootlegs and posters....

those metallica fans are gonna treat you like ned beatty in "deliverance"...

hehehehehehehe.............
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    MrSmith wrote:
    there are Metallica fans? i think PJ will have the largest fanbase by far

i seriously cant see any self-respecting head banger shell out 200 bucks for a sellout Metallica show.

I'm not sure I'm going (more likely not), but if I was, I'd jump at the chance to see Metallica as well as beloved Pearl Jam. Metallica has been an important band too, and it would be a good opportunity. I do not shove anywhere near the front. I had a better time at Lolla, going around and seeing a bunch of bands, then making my way over for Pearl Jam and being back a bit. I and my daughter are not big people, so we stay back and its fine. We were on the rail for Patti Smith though. It kind of depends on who's playing as to whether I'm comfortable up front.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    i cant wait to see the "jamily" walking around with their Peta shirts and..... save the seals shirts.....talking about your favorite bootlegs and posters....

jesus... if i spend alot of time on here now, just imagine how many post id have it i were hobbled!

then again my internet connection wouldnt be real strong with my typewriter... ;)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options

yeah all two of them.