Options

***THE WEIGHT LOSS AND EXERCISE THREAD***

Comments

• Options
    My weight loss stalled a bit, but I will not let that discourage me!!

By the way, to any of those who eat Lean Cuisine, the Lean Cuisine Chicken Club Panini is so freakin awesome! ;)
    ~Carter~

You can spend your time alone, redigesting past regrets, oh
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can't forgive yourself, oh
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
    - Present Tense
  • Options
    Guitar92playerGuitar92player Posts: 664
    edited August 2013
    I officially lost about 20 pounds now. I am on track for my 25-30 pound loss before school, then I plan to lose another 20 before the year is done. Once I lose all this my next goal is just to stay healthy and keep the weight off.
    Post edited by Guitar92player on
    ~Carter~

- Present Tense
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    I officially lost about 20 pounds now. I am not track for my 25-30 pound loss before school, then I plan to lose another 20 before the year is done. Once I lose all this my next goal is just to stay healthy and keep the weight off.

Congrats!! I just hit my 20 pound mark this weekend, ten more to go then I am with you, stay healthy and at a reasonable weight.
    I win.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    For me two years we decided to stop eating meat....red meat and chicken. We occasionally will eat fish and other seafood. At that time I know was at least 265+ I did not want to know anything else once I reached that mark. My exercise was spinning classes, swimming and road cycling each twice a week. Some weightlifting, stair master etc and after 1 year lost 40 lbs. After that the weight seem to melt off me and now I'm down 198-204. I can now road cycle 80 miles with ease with all of this it appears my stomach has shrunk. I just don't eat or need to eat as much as I once did.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    hgpjam11 wrote:
    I officially lost about 20 pounds now. I am not track for my 25-30 pound loss before school, then I plan to lose another 20 before the year is done. Once I lose all this my next goal is just to stay healthy and keep the weight off.

Congrats!! I just hit my 20 pound mark this weekend, ten more to go then I am with you, stay healthy and at a reasonable weight.

Congrats to you as well!
    g under p wrote:
    For me two years we decided to stop eating meat....red meat and chicken. We occasionally will eat fish and other seafood. At that time I know was at least 265+ I did not want to know anything else once I reached that mark. My exercise was spinning classes, swimming and road cycling each twice a week. Some weightlifting, stair master etc and after 1 year lost 40 lbs. After that the weight seem to melt off me and now I'm down 198-204. I can now road cycle 80 miles with ease with all of this it appears my stomach has shrunk. I just don't eat or need to eat as much as I once did.

Peace

That is great! Congrats!
    ~Carter~

- Present Tense
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    I know there's a couple of you that have lost even more since your last post, so CONGRATULATIONS!
    Keep up the feeling-better-everyday routines!
    I'm down another 20 which makes 65 for me and 40 more to "goal". I just sold a shit ton of clothes on eBay to fund the upcoming shows and I'm STOKED that while flying to Chicago for Wrigley that I didn't spill over or under the armrest anymore. It's the little things in life....
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I know there's a couple of you that have lost even more since your last post, so CONGRATULATIONS!
    I'm down another 20 which makes 65 for me and 40 more to "goal". I just sold a shit ton of clothes on eBay to fund the upcoming shows and I'm STOKED that while flying to Chicago for Wrigley that I didn't spill over or under the armrest anymore. It's the little things in life....

Way to go kimmie!! my goal is 10lbs by Dallas!!

Too Bad Zumba class doesn't include a PJ song once in a while.
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    happy to see this thread! we've had many incarnations, always good to start fresh. i've gained 40! :shock: pounds in the last 1.5 years. NOT cool, not cool at all. i had been doing really, really well - being healthy, eating well, some exercise, feeling good. tried to keep it up after my lay-off, but then add in 2 strokes for my mom, my own health issues, and yea, just downhill. BUT, cleaning up my act! eating light and fresh this week, cleanse next weekend, and then back on a healthy lifestyle, full-stop. add in my bootcamp and yoga, and i really, really, really hope to reach my goal by my BIG bday, 11.22. at least damn close. and then AFTER, maintain ... balance and moderation. this is what i so NEEd and DESIRE in my life.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    d2d, the diet I'm on is from the book I told you about. It's good! I love it because I can eat lots of fresh food and I still lose weight. The main thing I miss is drinking wine with dinner. That's different for me but I'm getting used to drinking water or tea instead. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    d2d, the diet I'm on is from the book I told you about. It's good! I love it because I can eat lots of fresh food and I still lose weight. The main thing I miss is drinking wine with dinner. That's different for me but I'm getting used to drinking water or tea instead. :)

just read your PM, grazie. yea, the alcohol bit is always difficult, but also something i REALLY want and need to get into a very moderate state. i was doing so for a long while, except weekends, then gave into "excuses" as to why i "deserved" to do whatever i wanted. yea, not so smart. :P life is never gonna get easy, so time to simply buck up and make positive changes amongst the chaos. :shock: :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Yes. I am looking at this as a long-term project. Change my way of eating and drinking so that I feel better and live longer. :)
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    justam wrote:

just read your PM, grazie. yea, the alcohol bit is always difficult, but also something i REALLY want and need to get into a very moderate state. i was doing so for a long while, except weekends, then gave into "excuses" as to why i "deserved" to do whatever i wanted. yea, not so smart. :P life is never gonna get easy, so time to simply buck up and make positive changes amongst the chaos. :shock: :D

Yes. I am looking at this as a long-term project. Change my way of eating and drinking so that I feel better and live longer. :)

live longer and live WELL. that is KEY. i look at my mother, 85, and she's doing ok considering BUT she subsisted on coffee and cigarettes the bulk of her life. yes, she is still alive, but she's had major issues from her smoking - just quit a year ago after TWO strokes in quick succession that altered her life for the worse. she is VERY lucky it's not even worse than it is, but she definitely does not have the quality of life she once did - nor do i, due to caring for her. yikes. day by day, eh?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Yes. Day by day, week by week, there's movement in one direction or another. Ideally, we're progressing to a slimmer and healthier form!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    happy to see this thread! we've had many incarnations, always good to start fresh. i've gained 40! :shock: pounds in the last 1.5 years. NOT cool, not cool at all. i had been doing really, really well - being healthy, eating well, some exercise, feeling good. tried to keep it up after my lay-off, but then add in 2 strokes for my mom, my own health issues, and yea, just downhill. BUT, cleaning up my act! eating light and fresh this week, cleanse next weekend, and then back on a healthy lifestyle, full-stop. add in my bootcamp and yoga, and i really, really, really hope to reach my goal by my BIG bday, 11.22. at least damn close. and then AFTER, maintain ... balance and moderation. this is what i so NEEd and DESIRE in my life.

I was in the very same boat, and I just got sick of feeling like shite!
    Good for you on your new journey!!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    lazloblue wrote:

Way to go kimmie!! my goal is 10lbs by Dallas!!

Too Bad Zumba class doesn't include a PJ song once in a while.

Thank you!! You can def do 10# by Nov! I say take over the Zumba class and play Spin-Lukin-MYM-RVM on rotation til everyone passes out!!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

• Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Some extra motivation for the runners, walkers and cyclists - match your music to your workout... http://jog.fm/workout-songs?utf8=%E2%9C ... am&x=7&y=5
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Some extra motivation for the runners, walkers and cyclists - match your music to your workout... http://jog.fm/workout-songs?utf8=%E2%9C ... am&x=7&y=5

That's cool! Hate it when last kiss comes on when I'm supposed to be sprinting. :lol:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Has anyone tried the MyFitnessPal app? Since I started using it at the start of January, I have dropped 18 pounds.

It is a really easy to use food/exercise log that helps you track what you eat against your calorie goal. It has changed what I eat because now I feel accountable for adding any "bad" foods to my list for the day.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:

Has anyone tried the MyFitnessPal app? Since I started using it at the start of January, I have dropped 18 pounds.

It is a really easy to use food/exercise log that helps you track what you eat against your calorie goal. It has changed what I eat because now I feel accountable for adding any "bad" foods to my list for the day.

Me too! I've been using it for a long time now (maybe close to 2 years). It really changed how I eat also. It definitely works on the accountability factor and portion control. From my highest point after having 3 kids, I lost about 35 lbs. I have been steady at my current weight now for over a year. I spin 6 days per week, lift weights also 3 of those days. Mondays are my day off. I really give this app a lot of credit for getting my mindless eating under control. I enter in all of my recipes which is great too bc I can see how to tweak them to make them healthier. It's also great that any restaurant food or packaged food that I might buy is in there so it's super easy to keep track of what I'm eating.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293

PJ-Cubs said:

Me too! I've been using it for a long time now (maybe close to 2 years). It really changed how I eat also. It definitely works on the accountability factor and portion control. From my highest point after having 3 kids, I lost about 35 lbs. I have been steady at my current weight now for over a year. I spin 6 days per week, lift weights also 3 of those days. Mondays are my day off. I really give this app a lot of credit for getting my mindless eating under control. I enter in all of my recipes which is great too bc I can see how to tweak them to make them healthier. It's also great that any restaurant food or packaged food that I might buy is in there so it's super easy to keep track of what I'm eating.
    I have been surprised that I have been able to stick with the app but its now pretty easy to use with my core foods in the system. The barcode scanner is also pretty helpful. It does drive my wife nuts that I keep asking her for details about what is in the foods that she makes.

I am interested to see how well it works when I move from the 'lose weight"to the "maintain weight" stage.
  • Options
    PJ-Cubs said:

PJ-Cubs said:

I have been surprised that I have been able to stick with the app but its now pretty easy to use with my core foods in the system. The barcode scanner is also pretty helpful. It does drive my wife nuts that I keep asking her for details about what is in the foods that she makes.

I am interested to see how well it works when I move from the 'lose weight"to the "maintain weight" stage.
    It's definitely easy to maintain with. It has become such a habit for me now. I usually don't enter until the end of the day now because I've gotten good at knowing and keeping that running total in my head. I think it would be easy for the lbs to slowly creep back on though if I didn't log my calories anymore. I like being held accountable in the end and this lets me be accountable to myself
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    I have now lost 55 pounds! Lot's of my friends saw me recently for the first time in months and they were shocked. lol.

Regarding keeping track of calories and such, I use a calorie-track website, but I have been using it less and less. I used to enter in all the foods I ate the day I had them, but now I write down the stuff I eat for the day and enter it into the system a week later. I think once I reach my 1 year anniversary of starting my diet I will stop using the site because I feel I don't need to use it anymore. I understand how it works now and feel comfortable with staying on track.
    ~Carter~

- Present Tense
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777

I have now lost 55 pounds! Lot's of my friends saw me recently for the first time in months and they were shocked. lol.

Regarding keeping track of calories and such, I use a calorie-track website, but I have been using it less and less. I used to enter in all the foods I ate the day I had them, but now I write down the stuff I eat for the day and enter it into the system a week later. I think once I reach my 1 year anniversary of starting my diet I will stop using the site because I feel I don't need to use it anymore. I understand how it works now and feel comfortable with staying on track.

Congratulations Guitar92player. That's awesome. You must feel like a new person :-)

I just discovered this thread. We should keep it going.

I have gone back to university to study nutrition after 15 yrs of doing my last degree and I'm having problems trying to balance exercise, study and family commitments. So this week I rode the exercise bike while reading textbooks, I rode the bike at a constant rate for 30mins, every 7 or so minutes I would go flat out for 30-45secs, I did these flat outs 4 times during my whole ride and I got my heart rate up and got some studying done, so I think I have made some progress this week:-)
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    After reading this thread I started using the MyFitnessPal app about a week ago. I love it. It's really made me aware of calorie content and makes me think about what I eat. Thanks to all of you who mentioned it :)
  • Options

After reading this thread I started using the MyFitnessPal app about a week ago. I love it. It's really made me aware of calorie content and makes me think about what I eat. Thanks to all of you who mentioned it :)

Way to go RunIntoThe Rain :) Keep up the good work.

• Options
    For those interested... there is an outstanding workout program that is quite varied and leads to awesome results.

http://athleanx.com/

I have personally worked the program and experienced great results. I have also watched several of my colleagues buy in as well- all very, very satisfied with the program.

I'm not a sales rep. I offer it only to spark enthusiasm for your training regime. The workouts are short in length and high in intensity. If you couple this program with a solid meal program (5 small meals throughout the day with mostly protein, fruit and vegetables)... you can still have your wine and other 'treats' in moderation.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Congratulations Guitar92player. That's awesome. You must feel like a new person :-)

I just discovered this thread. We should keep it going.

I have gone back to university to study nutrition after 15 yrs of doing my last degree and I'm having problems trying to balance exercise, study and family commitments. So this week I rode the exercise bike while reading textbooks, I rode the bike at a constant rate for 30mins, every 7 or so minutes I would go flat out for 30-45secs, I did these flat outs 4 times during my whole ride and I got my heart rate up and got some studying done, so I think I have made some progress this week:-)
    Thanks! I do feel like a new person. lol.

That is definitely some progress you made! Keep it up!
    ~Carter~

- Present Tense
  • Options
    Guitar92playerGuitar92player Posts: 664
    edited June 2014
    I'm down 71 pounds now.
    Post edited by Guitar92player on
    ~Carter~

- Present Tense
  • Options

I'm own 71 pounds now.

Wow, keep up the great work <:-P have you got photos of the new you?
  • Options

I'm own 71 pounds now.

That's an amazing accomplishment! Great job!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden