Options

Shuttle/bus leaving Summerfest ?

youknowrobbyyouknowrobby Posts: 120
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I've read where the last shuttle leaves at midnight. If Petty goes a little past...................., I'm guessing it will be better to find parking as close to Marcus as possible.

Is this my best bet?

In addition, to pick up my tickets, all I need is my ID, Fan Club #, and copy of my confirmation from the 10C. Is this also correct?

thanks..........
92- Austin
92- Houston
95- Austin
00- Paris
00- Houston
03- San Antonio
06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
09- Chicago
10- Indy
11- PJ 20
14- Milw
16- Wrigley 2
18- Wrigley 1
23- Chicago 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Dude the buses do stop at midnight but they don't leave anyone behind.They will keep picking people up untill there are no more.they knew petty ran late and at 12:25 i got on a bus, so no worries.You do not want to drive down there trust me on this.
  • Options
    thanks, I'll be coming in from Madison is there a recommended parking area coming in from the west. Or, should I print out a map of all the parking areas and pick the first open spot?
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    SudokuSudoku Posts: 9
    We parked walking distance from the fest for $10 in a small private lot. Many lots were $15 closer to the fest, and I heard if you park right next to the Marcus it could be $25.

So park a bit farther away
  • Options
    bronzebackbronzeback Posts: 36
    thanks, I'll be coming in from Madison is there a recommended parking area coming in from the west. Or, should I print out a map of all the parking areas and pick the first open spot?

Dude....take the bus from a park and ride.....less headaches...

Furthest one is Hwy 83 and 94, next is Hwy G/94 and then Georkes Corners, then State fair grounds.

Personnaly, i would choose the furthest one, like hwy 83 or Hwy G

I am using the G park and ride....buses run every 1/2 hour. think I will get the 3:05 or 3:35

might be an hour ride in from Hwy 83....but it beats driving all the way dow
    So shines a good deed in such a weary world
  • Options
    thanks.........dude!

:'>
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    thanks.........dude!

:'>

no prob

this is for Waukesha county only.

http://www.coachusa.com/CoachUsaAssets/files/105/Summerfest06.pdf
  • Options
    bronzeback wrote:

I'm a little worried about that 12:15am last call............
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    I'm a little worried about that 12:15am last call............

me too, but they wont leave people behind. The bus pick up area is right outside the Marcus/South Fest gates. Lines are clearly marked and ushers are helpful as long as you are cordial.

just leave the Marcus and head out the south gate.....I have never had problems...
  • Options
    bronzeback wrote:
    me too, but they wont leave people behind. The bus pick up area is right outside the Marcus/South Fest gates. Lines are clearly marked and ushers are helpful as long as you are cordial.

just leave the Marcus and head out the south gate.....I have never had problems...

for instanst, let say the line going to Hwy G has alot of people in it at 12:15 and they dont all fit on the bus....they will keep shuttling in buses till all the lines are emtpy....if that takes till 12:30 ot 12:45, thats waht they do....but it seems to move pretty well.....

I wouldnt sweat it....just dont dilly dally when ya leave the show....head right to the bus lines and your good to go...
  • Options
    bronzeback wrote:
    for instanst, let say the line going to Hwy G has alot of people in it at 12:15 and they dont all fit on the bus....they will keep shuttling in buses till all the lines are emtpy....if that takes till 12:30 ot 12:45, thats waht they do....but it seems to move pretty well.....

I wouldnt sweat it....just dont dilly dally when ya leave the show....head right to the bus lines and your good to go...

Hey, I appreciate the time. I really don't want to drive in near Marcus, so we'll(my five month pregnant wife) be taking the bus in. The farther out the better.
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I didn't leave summerfest grounds until almost 1am. Yes they dont leave anyone behind
  • Options
    The park and ride was the greatest thing EVER. Thank you to all the good advice i got from the milwaukee people leading up to the show.

You'll be fine man, no worries
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    The park and ride was the greatest thing EVER. Thank you to all the good advice i got from the milwaukee people leading up to the show.

You'll be fine man, no worries

Park and ride is the best option to do with going down to summerfest. Fun going down and a even better comming back. Glad you had a great time.