Guess what movie its from

1636465666769»

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Oh, shit! Black Book!

My friend who forces me to watch a Verhoeven film (what seems like) every time we hang out made me watch that one last time. Actually, that one wasn't terrible. 

OK, my clue:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I thought Black Book was excellent.

This looks like Kurosawa.  If I can just think of a Japanese name.  I think it's the one that inspired A Fistful of Dollars.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    You're good, WhoP.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I think it's Yojimbo. 
    dankind said:
    You're good, WhoP.
    :blush:   Thanks, but I like Kurosawa a lot.  As an English major, my favorite is probably Throne of Blood, his take on Macbeth.  He was invited by the Soviet Union to make a movie there and the result was Dersu Uzala.  It's a gorgeous movie with a fairly simple story.  Supposedly the Soviets didn't know what to think of it.

Some trivia I learned from a Japanese Who fan:  Kurosawa made his movies in an archaic form of Japanese.  She said it was such an effort to watch his movies she wanted Japanese subtitles.  :lol:
    That scene in Throne of Blood  in which Mifune is under siege by archers was real. Those were real archers, firing real arrows at him. Well, in his vicinity. 

Kurosawa didn't play. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited July 2017
    what?
    Post edited by Jason P on
    When choosing 'guess what' movies I think you should choose movies that have been seen by more the ten people that were not forced to watch them for a college credit.  
     =) 
    Jason P said:
    When choosing 'guess what' movies I think you should choose movies that have been seen by more the ten people that were not forced to watch them for a college credit.  
    As you wish . . .
    Related image

(It was getting a little deep in here.)
    Jason P said:
    As you wish . . .
    Related image

(It was getting a little deep in here.)
    Die Hard 3???

Reet Hard, Part 6?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    The Princess Bride and Constantine?