Options

[Football] NCAA vs. NFL

2»

Comments

• Options
    NCAA if I want to see a nobody be a somebody. NFL if I want to watch the big boys play.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    Go Beavers wrote:

I think with college the connection felt to the team is different. The fan went to school there, or worked there, or a relative went there. People feel a loyalty to the team because the team represents a significant part of their past experience and/or who they are. With NFL, the personal connection relates directly to just the game itself. (speaking in generalizations here)

I can see the college connection being a little different. But growing up rooting for the same team your whole life is a pretty good connection with a team too.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    The Fixer wrote:
    the nfl sucks. if it wasn't for my degen gambling habit I wouldn't even watch that garbage. bunch of criminals in pads

You really think the NFL is that bad? I know you've said that the NFL product is garbage, but isn't it the best of the best from college? The level of athlete in the NFL is pretty damn good. Sure, each has their own issues, but nothing gets me more excited than an NFL Sunday.
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Love watching NFL RedZone on Sundays, since the Lions suck. But if I have to pick one it would be NCAA - college football Saturdays are the best. Go Blue!

:P
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

I saw that, 81! I was ignoring it on purpose! :lol:;)
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    jlaustin wrote:
    81 wrote:

I saw that, 81! I was ignoring it on purpose! :lol:;)

Nick Moore just caught anouther pass

:P

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=282850130
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Well, obviously the RichRod experiment was a huge failure. I choose to look forward! :lol:

But if you want a sweet blast from the past, check this out:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1k3nnpqFmHKlP1Nic6d8PTdh5h00q_KO6x03YNELGL92a_SbgEw

;)
    2015 Central Park

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    the nfl sucks. if it wasn't for my degen gambling habit I wouldn't even watch that garbage. bunch of criminals in pads

You really think the NFL is that bad? I know you've said that the NFL product is garbage, but isn't it the best of the best from college? The level of athlete in the NFL is pretty damn good. Sure, each has their own issues, but nothing gets me more excited than an NFL Sunday.

Yeah, I really do. College has more games, better rules (except for the knee down rule), not as many stoppages for reviews/commercials, better announcers, and every game means something (which will unfortunately be changing due to the playoff system). In the NFL no one even knows what a catch is or how to tackle someone without getting a penalty. Goodell singlehandedly ruined the league....it really is a shit product. Especially monday night football on espn. Horrendous.

the NFL is watered down, overhyped, overofficiated, overproduced garbage. Plus the league is full of criminals like mike vick.

I wouldn't watch if I didn't love betting on games so much.