Options

THE LINE & "THE LIST"

Comments

• Options
    I think it should be a 10C system organized based on the time the tickets are picked up.

Let the line form at the ticket windows and then you get your "line" # based on how early you get your tickets.

Hey that's not too bad as it still rewards the diligent.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    i was a "list" man, but not by choice. i was first in line, thus as more people came it became a situation of people talking about the list, and it's such custom in the states that i wasn't going to be like "no list!". it didn't make much difference to me. of course people "abuse" the list, but what can you do? Beat em up? Even without a list or numbers it's still the same, it's fans governing fans. it's all a gray area. like where's the cutoff in the time you can leave? 10 mins? 20? so you see the only truly 100% "fair" way to do this is to literally never leave your spot in line, like how it is in south america. and that way would be fuckin brutal haha so as much as i think this line and list is ridiculous, i think considering our options it's the best way to make it "fair". it's a flawed system, but the alternative would be not even being able to leave to go to bathroom, or just chaos haha so yes, i was a "list" guy, what of it? :P
    So what do people in SA do?? Just go to the bathroom on the sidewalk while they're waiting in line?? :shock:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I think at this point we are beating a dead horse. Is it fair? no. Is it going to change? no. I get that it sucks it happened to me as well.

You can't change other people, you can only change yourself. You want the rail? Get there at 8am and stick your butt on that concrete.

The line (and the list) for that matter only really matter for those people getting the rail. I would say the vast majority of the people on the rail waited all day. Once you get inside, GA is a free for all. I entered as number 200 and still managed to end up 4th row, dead center (and that's without pushing or being a jerk). The GA crowd is a fluid thing, it moves and shifts. You go where it takes you.

I'd say we can lock this all up because everyone has made their point and is just saying the same thing. Again, I get it! It happened to me too...but at the end of the day, I still had one of the greatest "seats" in the building (and I would have even if I was at the back of the pit).
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Meh, GA is fair. Anyone who says otherwise is just too fucking old to go to a rock gig.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    I think it should be a 10C system organized based on the time the tickets are picked up.

Let the line form at the ticket windows and then you get your "line" # based on how early you get your tickets.

Yeah but if u get some slow ass at the ticket window that can't find ya name and if u are lined up at the window
    with the most common letter for a surname it might be slow moving..

Bring back seats
  • Options
    I hope they never bring back seats in front of the stage. I just wish everyone going for GA would chill the fuck out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    traberatrabera Los Angeles, CA Posts: 127
    Don't even bother. I'm already in line in LA. I'm holding spots for 100 people, they've already been here and left to use the bathroom...they're be back in time for the doors opening.

Seriously, I had SO MUCH more fun in the 90s when this shit wasn't happening.
    Ten Club Member #10XXX
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/13/95, 11/4/95, 11/6/95, 11/7/95, 9/21/96, 9/22/96, 9/24/96, 9/26/96, 9/28/96, 9/29/96, 10/19/96, 10/20/96, 11/14/97, 11/15/97, 2/20/98, 2/21/98, 7/10/98, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 12/6/02, 12/8/02, 6/1/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 7/18/06, 10/22/06, 8/28/09, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22, 5/7/22
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Dont like queue's for doors opening i prefer none :lol:
  • Options
    JWPearl wrote:
    Dont like queue's for doors opening i prefer none :lol:
    If there is GA entry at every gate for every show everyone could stop even thinking about any of this. If there are a few morons who decide to do a sprint and fall down some stairs or get into scrums that is their problem - I couldn't care less about the people who make it dangerous for themselves.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Overheard a conversation that went something like this:

"Come over to the GA line"

"Well, I don't have a number"

"Honey, do you know who I am..?!"

Sounds like some corruption in the system here..... :roll:
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    Overheard a conversation that went something like this:

"Come over to the GA line"

"Well, I don't have a number"

"Honey, do you know who I am..?!"

Sounds like some corruption in the system here..... :roll:
    I'm not sure I would have been able to not punch that person in the throat for saying that. :lol:
  • Options
    Vancouver seemed to have been a total clusterfuck yesterday. Yikes. Saw the lists and numbering of hands in SoCal. Looks like it just keeps happening. Hoping Seattle doesn't get out of hand as it's a key show obviously. Again, there's the honest fans who leave only briefly. But it's the list that allows people to abuse the waiting, and needs to be gotten rid of.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I hope they never bring back seats in front of the stage. I just wish everyone going for GA would chill the fuck out.

this is it in a nutshell
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    pdalowsky wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

this is it in a nutshell

This is what I hope too. I think GA has served the purpose the band wanted it to by injecting new life into the front of the building. But the list needs to go.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    i was a "list" man, but not by choice. i was first in line, thus as more people came it became a situation of people talking about the list, and it's such custom in the states that i wasn't going to be like "no list!". it didn't make much difference to me. of course people "abuse" the list, but what can you do? Beat em up? Even without a list or numbers it's still the same, it's fans governing fans. it's all a gray area. like where's the cutoff in the time you can leave? 10 mins? 20? so you see the only truly 100% "fair" way to do this is to literally never leave your spot in line, like how it is in south america. and that way would be fuckin brutal haha so as much as i think this line and list is ridiculous, i think considering our options it's the best way to make it "fair". it's a flawed system, but the alternative would be not even being able to leave to go to bathroom, or just chaos haha so yes, i was a "list" guy, what of it? :P
    So what do people in SA do?? Just go to the bathroom on the sidewalk while they're waiting in line?? :shock:
    We don't go to the bathroom at all! :lol::lol:
    Seriously, you just ask for the guy behind you to save your spot while you go to the bathroom, but you are not supposed to abuse or return with a couple of friends, otherwise the guys behind will start a fuckin' riot! :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Vancouver seemed to have been a total clusterfuck yesterday. Yikes. Saw the lists and numbering of hands in SoCal. Looks like it just keeps happening. Hoping Seattle doesn't get out of hand as it's a key show obviously. Again, there's the honest fans who leave only briefly. But it's the list that allows people to abuse the waiting, and needs to be gotten rid of.
    Yeah, but it's the fans making the list, and the fans agreeing to have numbers put on their hands. 10C has nothing to do with it and can't be expected to get involved with what people are doing outside of the venue.... So who is going to get rid of it?? Organized fan rebellion? :P
  • Options
    I'll be in line tomorrow. I packed a hat, two scarves, three sweaters, a fleece, and a blanket- all of which I am fine leaving for a cold person to find when the doors open (I'll retrieve them after if they are still there). If someone wants me to put my name on a list, fine, a number on my hand, whatever. The fact is, I will leave to use the bathroom, to get coffee, to pick up my tickets, and that is it. I hope I'm there early enough that even if someone feels entitled to cut it won't prevent me from an amazing view. That's my perogative. Those who don't care about being in front, don't try for it. Can't freaking wait!!!!!
  • Options
    I'll be in line tomorrow. I packed a hat, two scarves, three sweaters, a fleece, and a blanket- all of which I am fine leaving for a cold person to find when the doors open (I'll retrieve them after if they are still there). If someone wants me to put my name on a list, fine, a number on my hand, whatever. The fact is, I will leave to use the bathroom, to get coffee, to pick up my tickets, and that is it. I hope I'm there early enough that even if someone feels entitled to cut it won't prevent me from an amazing view. That's my perogative. Those who don't care about being in front, don't try for it. Can't freaking wait!!!!!

Ladies and gentleman, a true goddamn American. I salute you.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    DivkaDivka Posts: 197

:clap::clap::clap:

This is what a GA line is supposed to be about. The people who stick it out all day long need to band together and tell those who grab a number and leave all day that they will not be allowed back in line.
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Options
    Divka wrote:

:clap::clap::clap:

This is what a GA line is supposed to be about. The people who stick it out all day long need to band together and tell those who grab a number and leave all day that they will not be allowed back in line.

Bravo
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

Ladies and gentleman, a true goddamn American. I salute you.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aoltv.com/me ... 011911.jpg
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    The Line and the Pissed....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    trabera wrote:
    Don't even bother. I'm already in line in LA. I'm holding spots for 100 people, they've already been here and left to use the bathroom...they're be back in time for the doors opening.

Seriously, I had SO MUCH more fun in the 90s when this shit wasn't happening.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I feel that GA is the best way to see them. I enjoyed 3 of 4 shows in GA this West Coast swing. I didn't wait at all in line, enjoying the pre-parties instead. I'd hate to see the faithfull turning on one another as the list and its abusers make others upset. Could be a ticking time bomb before something bad or way worse occurs. It'd be great if they looked into keeping GA, and created a system that eliminated the need to line up all day. This would put an end to this unauthorized practice of "The Line and The List".
  • Options
    man this all sounds so fucking childish. seriously, a fucking list? putting your friends names on it if they haven't put in the time? I have never, nor will I ever spend that kind of time in line, but jesus christ, if I did, and Hugh Fucking Dillon came up to me asking to be "moved in" to the line, I'd say "back of the line, fucker".

If only adults acted like it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    GA is the best way to see them. They were born of it and are still made for it. I hope its kept GA up front. But I have a feeling that they will make the change to a BOSS-like system here soon.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    edited December 2013
    Most people up front aren't real fans anyways.
    Post edited by Red Lukin on
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Most people up front aren't real fans anyways.

well, not anymore ...
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    For the Tuesday crowd...
    www.cluthelee.com