Bike share in your city?

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I finally rode a Capital Bike Share bike, and I don't remember having that much fun in a long time. I don't own a bike as I'm not comfortable riding a bike on city streets, yet. On this bike trip I rode down the National Mall, and it was a blast.

Any one else try bike sharing in your city?

As I'll be in Denver for a few days, I was thinking of signing up for their B-cycle while I'm there.
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Love the idea.

Never tired it though.

Here in AZ it's not too practical though. Bike seat in 115 degree temps might burn your ass real good! :lol:
  • Charlotte NC has bike share downtown area. I haven't done it yet. Sounds like a good idea.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Fort Worth, TX just started a bike share in the downtown area. Maybe 2 weeks ago? Haven't talked to anyone who's tried it.

We have a mayor who LOVES cycling and is always promoting it. She often leads bike tours that are open to anybody.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    we do need more biking in this country. i like this concept. i do know some people who bike 24x7 pretty much no matter the weather with few exceptions. admirable drive these folks have.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce