Options

A Must Read for Vinyl Junkies.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
edited June 2013 in Other Music
Any vinyl fan/ vinyl Junkie will appreciate this book: Brett Milano's Vinyl Junkies (Adventures in Record Collecting). It includes the vinyl collecting experiences and adventures from the likes of Peter Buck, Thurston Moore, Peter Prescott and R. Crumb and several others. It's a great read, record fans! One of the coolest stories is about a Jeff Gold who bought a large collection of Jimi Hendrix's personal records, one of which has Jimi's finger prints all over the record and his teeth marks in the cover. How cool is that!
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    brianlux wrote:
    Any vinyl fan/ vinyl Junkie will appreciate this book: Brett Milano's Vinyl Junkies (Adventures in Record Collecting). It includes the vinyl collecting experiences and adventures from the likes of Peter Buck, Thurston Moore, Peter Prescott and R. Crumb and several others. It's a great read, record fans! One of the coolest stories is about a Jeff Gold who bought a large collection of Jimi Hendrix's personal records, one of which has Jimi's finger prints all over the record and his teeth marks in the cover. How cool is that!

whoa teeth marks? lol

that does sound cool, I will keep it in mind
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Thanks for the recommendation - sounds good :thumbup:
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Reading this now. Only a few pages in but a couple of quotes I like already:
    "it's a common denominator"...... "You play someone a great record & they don't react to it, you know it's time to get them out of your house"
    :lol: Excellent. :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Now adding this to my reading list. Thank you for the recommendation.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Nice recommendation Brian, have this on order from 'The Book Depository"... :thumbup:
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    reesdog wrote:
    Nice recommendation Brian, have this on order from 'The Book Depository"... :thumbup:

Great! Let us know what you think when you read it. :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.