Options

First PJ song what you ever heard

JossieJossie Posts: 505
edited January 2014 in Words and Music...Communication
What was your first PJ song that you ever heard? And what is PJ song that ever touch you?
I think that in my case, my first heard was Jeremy. But first "love" between PJ songs was Indifference.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mattdinglemattdingle Posts: 180
    HEART SHAPED BOX . 1ST SONG. iT TOUCHED MY NOB .
    How do u like those apples????????? :roll:
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,262
    DTE from Live On 2 Legs
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    JossieJossie Posts: 505
    mattdingle wrote:
    HEART SHAPED BOX . 1ST SONG. iT TOUCHED MY NOB .
    How do u like those apples????????? :roll:

Grange as grange... If it's your choice, I have no objections :)
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    1994 Betterman.
  • Options
    nickburrows14nickburrows14 Posts: 858
    Saw the video for Alive on it's MTV debut. Bought the 12" poster sleeve the following day I think.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Jeremy ,or Alive..my memory isnt working at the moment
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 777
    Alive on SNL
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Saw the video for Alive on it's MTV debut. Bought the 12" poster sleeve the following day I think.

Same here. The PJ fire grew from there...
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,011
    First one I heard: Jeremy, first one that touched me: Black.
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    Jeremy
    When I was watching MTV in Turkey September 1992
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Last Exit. Received a copy of Vitalogy (on cassette!) as a gift, and it was the first time I had ever even heard of the band. Got hooked immediately.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options

Same here. The PJ fire grew from there...

I think I saw Hungerstrike that night too. Was a soundgarden fan already and loved PJ immediately
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    meveretmeveret Posts: 110
    First song I ever heard by Pearl Jam would have been Daughter and Betterman around 1993 or 1994. Can't remember which I heard first but I wasn't all that impressed until I heard Alive much later actually. I didn't listen to alternative rock or hard rock radio until I was a bit older, and the popular and variety stations around my hometown didn't play anything off of Ten back then, just Betterman, Daughter and then later Last Kiss. Once I heard Alive on a now defunct hard rock station I was instantly converted.
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    It was Alive. I still remember walking through the living room and hearing I'm still alive. I had recently lost a family member and friend so that lyric really hit me.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 456
    Alive. Sitting at my local pool, and my friend Flippy's Walkman (remember those) had Ten in it, queued up right to the beginning of Alive, and I heard the buzz about the band, so I gave it a whirl.
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i love reading everyone stories :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    Alive.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    Michael ScarnMichael Scarn Northampton, UK Posts: 32
    A really poor rip of Worldwide Suicide that I downloaded in 2006. Brought 10 soon after & Once blew my nuts off.
    Twitter
    [London, 02 Arena 18.8.2009]
    [London, Hyde Park 25.6.2010]
    [Manchester, MEN 21.6.2012]
    [Amsterdam, Ziggo Dome 16.6.2014]
    [Milton Keynes, MK Bowl 11.7.2014]
  • Options
    SpyderDanSpyderDan Posts: 12
    The first one I had ever heard was actually Yellow Ledbetter. Just loved that riff so much. Bought Ten shortly thereafter and the rest is history.
    "Why are you hitting yourself...come and hit me instead..."
  • Options
    T_TBoneT_TBone Posts: 3
    Better Man was the first PJ tune I think in '94. My two kids still love that tune - they were 1 month and 3 years old respectively at the time...Shortly after hearing it, like days after, I owned all three PJ discs.

Release - I think of my stepkids who never knew their Dad;
    Save You - You helped me when I was down, I'll help when you're down
  • Options
    mine was Jeremy , a few mates and I had come from the UK to house sit in LA ( Costa Mesa ) for a friend of a friend , and I got stuck with the sofa bed in the living room , we had never seen MTV before and Jeremy was on what seemed to be every 15 mins or something daft , and it changed my musical life , it blew my mind , they have been my favourite band ever since :D
    Wembly Arena-oct 28-1996 . MEN-june 04-2000 . MSG-july 08-2003 . MSG-july 09-2003 . GM Place-sep 02-2005 . Pengrowth Saddledome-sep 05-2005 . Astoria-april 20-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 15-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 16-2006 . Bill Graham Auditorium-july 18-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 22-2006 . Gorge Amphitheatre-july 23-2006 . Leeds Festival-aug 25-2006 . Wembley Arena-june 18-2007 . Forum Copenhagen-june 26-2007 . Verizon Amphitheatre-june 17-2008 . MSG-june 24-2008 . MSG-june 25-2008 . Sheperds Bush Empire-aug 11-2009 . MEN-aug 17-2009 . O2 arena-aug 18-2009 . United Centre-aug 23-2009 . United Centre-aug 24-2009 . MSG-may 20-2010 . MSG-may 21-2010 . Hyde Park-june 25-2010 . Air Canada Centre-sep 11-2011 . Air Canada Centre-sep 12-2011
  • Options
    The first sont that I heard was Alive, It was so cool It stood up with all the feelings I had been feeling at the Tim. I was only was 14. Wow how time has gone bye.
  • Options
    nic8cheesenic8cheese Posts: 16
    In the early 90's, I was walking down the street with a few friends and they were talking about this cassette tape they just got called ten that just came out, they listened to it and threw it into the woods, :shock: I went after it and listened to it repeatedly the whole summer. bought the CD as soon as I could, and still have both.... Alive was my first and longest lastings love.
    :oops:
    Toronto 9/11..... stoked!

~All these precious moments...~

Oh how I wish for you today
  • Options
    meveretmeveret Posts: 110
    nic8cheese wrote:
    In the early 90's, I was walking down the street with a few friends and they were talking about this cassette tape they just got called ten that just came out, they listened to it and threw it into the woods, :shock: I went after it and listened to it repeatedly the whole summer. bought the CD as soon as I could, and still have both.... Alive was my first and longest lastings love.

SERIOUSLY?
    Hamilton, ON 9/13/2005
    Albany NY 5/12/2006
    Mansfield, MA 6/28/2008
    Buffalo, NY 5/10/2010
    Hamilton, ON 9/15/2011
    Buffalo, NY 10/12/2013
  • Options
    Yea, seriously,

I kept the cassette, got rid of the friends. haha!! :lol:

Not sure if the new version is still orange or not, but thats what I have.

• Options
    my CD is orange, not the tape

• Options
    The first Pearl Jam song I heard was "Alive". I bought TEN when I was thirteen years old and listened to it nonstop for a solid few weeks. Knew the album like the back of my hand after a couple of days.
  • Options
    rtmarshrtmarsh Northeast Posts: 59
    "Alive" on MTV, sound and visual. Immediately went and purchased "10" and never looked back.
    “The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.”
  • Options
    Alive on MTV. I was 13. I bought Ten on cassette and would listen to it on my pink plastic tape player over and over. I thought Release was the greatest thing I had ever heard in my life. I still feel that way....
  • Options
    Jeremy... And I absolutely hated it.

I didn't appreciate it until years later.
    Columbus 2010 - Atlanta 2012 - Charlotte 2013