Options

the reality of a pearl jam fall tour

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    hartford: a few seats in the 100's were sold so i'd say around 2285
    Wait. You're saying around 2,285 people were at this show? I'm confused. :?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    pearljam133pearljam133 Posts: 202
    Newch91 wrote:
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    Sarcasm......
    5/2/2003 - Buffalo, NY
    5/9/2010 - Cleveland, OH
    9/11/2011 - Toronto, ONT
    9/12/2011 - Toronto, ONT
    7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field
    10/11/2013 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/2013 - Buffalo, NY
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    Newch91 wrote:
    mcgruff10 wrote:

maybe 2300? 2325? my bad.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    mcgruff10 wrote:

WAY more. The XL can hold 16,606 for concerts and from what I remember, it was nearly sold out. There was easily over 10,000 people. I do remember seeing a couple rows empty behind the band. I'm sure there were empty seats and rows elsewhere. From my section, not one empty seat.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    rna2525 wrote:
    Well guys ive been thinking about the upcoming us fall tour & i realized something.Where or what type of venues will the band be playing in? The fact is this band CANNOT sell out in my opinion any venue over 6-7k people.

since the backspacer tour.....they played mostly mediocre venues like the 4 nights in gibson.etc.

Unless its a Festival or some gimmikie thing like closing out the spectrum this band is in real trouble.

they havent produced much since yield & are defenitely due for a promising album.if not they will b next to nothing here in the states.

id imagine this is why they are waiting so long to announce anything..its prob really hard to figure out how to make it all work.

I KNOW they will sell out in seattle if they play the rumored two shows @ key..but that just wont cut it.

Whata u all think?

Seems to me all the GUYS are truly in love with their side projects (which are all shit btw)...and they are genuienly enjoying themselves unlike when they are together for pearl jam)

please b4 reading this and over reacting think about it for a minute.

Finally in closing,

I personally believe this band does not have the confidence to do a all out us tour.

Atumblr_m8a8c4l5lJ1rx6ay1o1_500_zpsb7f50929.gif
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    rna2525 wrote:
    Well guys ive been thinking about the upcoming us fall tour & i realized something.Where or what type of venues will the band be playing in? The fact is this band CANNOT sell out in my opinion any venue over 6-7k people.

since the backspacer tour.....they played mostly mediocre venues like the 4 nights in gibson.etc.

Unless its a Festival or some gimmikie thing like closing out the spectrum this band is in real trouble.

they havent produced much since yield & are defenitely due for a promising album.if not they will b next to nothing here in the states.

id imagine this is why they are waiting so long to announce anything..its prob really hard to figure out how to make it all work.

I KNOW they will sell out in seattle if they play the rumored two shows @ key..but that just wont cut it.

Whata u all think?

Seems to me all the GUYS are truly in love with their side projects (which are all shit btw)...and they are genuienly enjoying themselves unlike when they are together for pearl jam)

Finally in closing,

I personally believe this band does not have the confidence to do a all out us tour.

Wow. :shock: There is a lot of negativity in this post!!

Did you realize this is a fan site?!! :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    I actually agree with this sentence. Pearl jam should play 40 to 50 shows every two years in the u.s. but for some reason they just won't.

So they don't sell out, but they still had all those server issues. That must be one crappy server.

Anywhoo... if they did 10-15 west coast/central shows in odd-numbered years and then 10-15 east coast/mid west shows in even-number years, they might not have had to switch ticketing systems. More shows = less demand. :) Of course, we'll never know for sure, but the lack of touring is certainly odd.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    4 of 5 of them have families now. Seems the most plausible reason to be gone as little as possible. It sucks but it's the one reason that I can sort of handle.
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Dude don't let these guys get you down. I've been saying the same thing you just posted for a few years now. PJ fans are in denial. They need to accept the state that PJ is in. They can't go to every city and sell out. I seen them in Cleveland '10 and it was a good turnout but not great. There's a reason they keep playing festivals in Europe and SA. SA is like 20 years behind in American pop culture, pretty soon they'll learn about Britney Spears lol. They have purposely avoided touring in the US. In 2011, as they were celebrating their 20th anniversary, PJ toured Canada. What? Why the hell do you tour Canada when you're celebrating your anniversary? Because Canadas economy is doing good. I want to see PJ as much as the next guy, I wish they'd give me the opportunity to see them several times a year within driving distance of my city. And if they have to start playing smaller venues in order for this to happen, so be it. I don't care if they play in arena, I just want to see them live somewhere. And by the way, for those of you arguing about Wrigley selling out so fast....of course it did. Its a special event at the most famous baseball park on America. Oh, and Chicago is the 3rd biggest city in thr country. Nearly any decent act would sell it out. I know I'm kinda dissing the band, but its the truth. They're my inspiration and have changed my life through music, but facts are facts. PJ is just trying to stay afloat now.

Well said, and I agree. I think too many mega-fans are afraid to stop and take an honest assessment of the way things are. It's not the 90s anymore, and PJ have been making many more "business-minded" actions in the last few years - playing more festival shows/corporate-sponsored gigs, increasing the "limited" merch, the whole Target promotion of Backspacer, less US shows, etc. What is so wrong with fans admitting these things are happening, or even questioning these decisions? Isn't that a lesson PJ themselves have taught us from back in the day?

And with all of that being said - this is still my favorite band in the world, and I'll go see them multiple times when they decide to play shows, I'll buy their music and merch, I'll still support them until they do something that truly rubs me the wrong way.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I'm tired...

Very tired. I can't stay awake. If the fall tour is announced in a few hrs?

Is anyone kind enough to pm me?

I'll get the email...
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I think they could sell out a baseball stadium in Chicago in record time.
    :lol::lol:

They might not usually be a stadium act, but I doubt they have any problem selling out 10-15,000 people venues, not here and not in the US either. If they become less popular and need to play smaller places, that'd be great too. ;)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    PJ are still a huge draw but it would be interesting to see ticket sales for a full scale tour like they did for Binaural and Riot Act. Because they play such few dates per tour now the hardcore fan will make huge road trips to see them but with a more widespread tour in the current financial climate that would change. Also with so many secondary sites touting tickets at ridiculous prices I think there would be a lot more empty seats. Small tours whether people like it or not are the answer and the band and their management know it. The family aspect is a huge factor too. Playing festivals is financially secure for them and they seem to only tour now to coincide with these. The OP is indeed overly negative in the original post but worded better some points aren't that far off the truth lets face it. I'll still attend shows as long as they tour but dates are getting more and more scarce, something that won't change. The demand under the current touring trend will ensure huge demand for tickets as proved by Wrigley but if that was one date on a 40 - 50 date tour many fans would take the closer to home, cheaper option. Be honest with yourselves.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    maybe 2300? 2325? my bad.[/quote]
    WAY more. The XL can hold 16,606 for concerts and from what I remember, it was nearly sold out. There was easily over 10,000 people. I do remember seeing a couple rows empty behind the band. I'm sure there were empty seats and rows elsewhere. From my section, not one empty seat.[/quote]

i'm being very sarcastic. the xl center was sold out except for the uppers behind the stage. I was there somewhere in the first 10 rows of the floor. i was just trying to be silly since the op said some negative stuff.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    WAY more. The XL can hold 16,606 for concerts and from what I remember, it was nearly sold out. There was easily over 10,000 people. I do remember seeing a couple rows empty behind the band. I'm sure there were empty seats and rows elsewhere. From my section, not one empty seat.[/quote]

i'm being very sarcastic. the xl center was sold out except for the uppers behind the stage. I was there somewhere in the first 10 rows of the floor. i was just trying to be silly since the op said some negative stuff.[/quote]
    Oh wow. :fp: :fp: <--- For me. :oops:

*slowly leaving thread*
  • Options
    lol. it's all good. we all got dumber because of this thread lol. be good!!!!!
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Will they hurry up and become obsolete. I'm dying to see them at the Webster theater for 15 bucks.

Not a bad idea actually...
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Will they hurry up and become obsolete. I'm dying to see them at the Webster theater for 15 bucks.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    The OP is right. I heard the "Fall Tour" is actually a series of county fairs opening up for Tone Loc.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The OP is right. I heard the "Fall Tour" is actually a series of county fairs opening up for Tone Loc.
    The Big E

Sept 13th-29th. In line with fall tour

http://www.thebige.com/ese/index.asp
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Wilds wrote:

Mr. rna2525, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    jdesantis1983jdesantis1983 Posts: 411
    Wilds wrote:
    rna2525 wrote:

Whata u all think?

Finally in closing,

Mr. rna2525, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

"Knibb High football rules!!!" :lol:
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    BrianEngelBrianEngel Posts: 183
    :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :thumbup:
    "Don't need a raincoat, I'm already wet!"
  • Options
    BrianEngelBrianEngel Posts: 183
    Nothing good since Yield. :clap: :crazy:
    "Don't need a raincoat, I'm already wet!"
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917

I think they can also sell out a baseball stadium in Boston in record time. They should test my theory.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452

says backspacer_backer :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    AC257443AC257443 Posts: 41
    Wow. Seriously? Fastest sell out at wrigley EVER!! 'Nuff said about that. I imagine fall tour tix will be much the same.
    PJ Wolf Mountain '94 (rained out...arrrgh!!)
    PJ Salt Lake City '95
    PJ Salt Lake City '09
    EV Las Vegas '12
    PJ Chicago '13
    PJ Denver '14
    TOTD Seattle '16
    PJ Seattle '18
    PJ San Diego '20 (fucking Covid)
    PJ San Diego '22
    PJ Las Vegas '22 (fucking Covid)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    The OP will be the 1st here complaining that he didn't win the lottery for tickets :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    The reality of a pearl jam fall tour is it'll rule
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    rna2525 wrote:

Whata u all think?

Finally in closing,

they sold out wrigley in minutes, that holds over 40k, london went pretty quick too, not sure the capacity, but I know its over 10k. I really hope you are joking dude, can't sell out 7k venue? I had to read that 3 times to make sure you were talking about pj
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08