I went to SNL ...... (Fanviews)

13»

Comments

• #105#105 Posts: 5
    anyone know where to watch the LIVE clips.???

missed Letterman. and fell asleep during SNL
    morning
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    #105 wrote:
    anyone know where to watch the LIVE clips.???

missed Letterman. and fell asleep during SNL

Missed Letterman???? that's in May...
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • erockappel wrote:
    I got to meet Eddie at the SNL after-after party on Saturday night.

I'm a comedy writer living in NYC, and I'm good friends with Horatio Sanz. When I found out PJ was going to be on -- after my heart stopped beating for a couple of second -- I made the call to Horatio, begging for a ticket to the dress rehearsal. I had a show at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre at midnight, so I couldn't make the live taping.

Anyway, he had already given away his free tickets, but assured me that I could hang out in his dressing room during the taping of the show, promising that he would sneak me out during Pearl Jam. A really good friend of mine from Highschool drove down from Boston and joined us.

Though it was only two songs, seeing Pearl Jam in such an intimate setting (10 feet away from the stage, with nobody in front of me) was an amazing experience that I'll remember forever.

After the show, we passed Stone in the hallway and stood next to Matt Cameron at the urinals in the men's room. I really wanted to grab one of them and totally geek out, telling them how much pearl jam means to me, etc, etc...but, being someone that works in the entertainment industry, I had to keep my cool.

Later that night, I went to the after-after party, which BEGINS at 4am. The host or band doesn't always show up, either. It's mostly just the cast. I grabbed a beer and milled about for a bit, talking to a few of my friends that write for the show. I then jokingly said, "Hey, is Eddie Vedder here yet?" My friend said, "Yeah, he's in the back...nice guy."

"Wait...he's ACTUALLY HERE!?"

"Yeah, I think he's in the back talking to Horatio. He's carrying a wine bottle -- you can't miss him."

I immediately run to find my friend and inform him the exciting news I just heard. We run to the back and stand next to Eddie and Horatio who are engaged in a long conversation about the Chicago Cubs. Finally, Horatio notices us, and being the awesome guy that he is, introduces the both of us to Eddie. It wasn't really anything more than "really nice to meet you...thanks for coming," but that was enough for me. Now...I've met plenty of actors and famous people or whatever, but to meet the rock icon who's posters plastered the walls of your bedroom for most of your life: now that is something else.

Wow, was Eddie Boozing up with the wine bottle till like 8am? lol
    "Keep on Rockin In the Free World"

"Gimli,MB 08-14-93"
    "Fargo,ND 06-15-03"
    "Winnipeg,MB 09-08-05"
    "Thunder Bay,ON 09-09-05"
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    13PJ13 wrote:
    I swear I read it that way too!

i'm also a sicko who laughed at the thought of grabbing matt in the crapper

although I did corner Magic Johnson right outside a bathroom just a couple of weeks ago for an autograph...

you do what you gotta do ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    did anyone pick up on this connection...?

pearl jam was introducted by lindsay lohan who used to date wilmer from that 70's show, who co-stars with...................ashton kutcher!

ok im done being gay
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    thatgirl wrote:
    did anyone pick up on this connection...?

pearl jam was introducted by lindsay lohan who used to date wilmer from that 70's show, who co-stars with...................ashton kutcher!

ok im done being gay

not gay

amazing

:)
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    bostonlou wrote:
    not gay

amazing

:)
    yea, i try.....
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    GRR!!!..... if I was only in town but unfortunately I was doing more important things.... I would have terrorized HardtoImagine for that extra tix.... and since he is my bitch he would have given in :D
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • GRR!!!..... if I was only in town but unfortunately I was doing more important things.... I would have terrorized HardtoImagine for that extra tix.... and since he is my bitch he would have given in :D

Nice! Are you interested in going to Letterman?
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • zolsticezolstice Posts: 60
    i like your style...i wish everyone on this board would give people a chance before passing judgement...maybe they picked lindsey lohan to host last night because she is a big pj fan......ever think of that?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the guest hosts get to offer suggestions for musical guests? I remember reading a few years ago that the host gets to choose the musical guest or something like that. Perhaps Lindsey threw PJ's name out because she's a fan.
    Minneapolis : 06/30/1998 - Chicago : 10/09/2000 - Vancouver : 05/30/2003 - Fargo : 06/15/2003 - Winnipeg : 09/08/2005 - Thunder Bay : 09/09/2005 - St. Paul : 06/26/2006 - Chicago : 08/23/2009 - Chicago : 08/24/2009
  • 00Gwen00Gwen Posts: 2
    I couldn't read this whole thread.

So maybe you just tell me what was written on matt's drums.

Thanks, unless you don't tell me, then no thanks.
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    zolstice wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the guest hosts get to offer suggestions for musical guests? I remember reading a few years ago that the host gets to choose the musical guest or something like that. Perhaps Lindsey threw PJ's name out because she's a fan.
    Considering that it was known PJ would be on the show long before a host had been decided upon, I'd bet you're wrong. Just a hunch.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Born2JamBorn2Jam Posts: 255
    Great reveiw!
    Thanks for telling it.

That was my first exposure to Severed Hand.
    Damn, that song ROCKS!
    I really think they sound tighter than ever.
    Can't wait to hear the studio version of that one.

Did you guys see Ed kiss his necklace pendant during the goodbye/credits?
    Could anyone tell what the pendant was? Just dumb fan curiosity.:p
    "This band has provided many people a soundtrack to their lives.." ~ CitizenRick
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    erockappel wrote:

I'm a comedy writer living in NYC, and I'm good friends with Horatio Sanz. When I found out PJ was going to be on -- after my heart stopped beating for a couple of second -- I made the call to Horatio, begging for a ticket to the dress rehearsal. I had a show at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre at midnight, so I couldn't make the live taping.

Anyway, he had already given away his free tickets, but assured me that I could hang out in his dressing room during the taping of the show, promising that he would sneak me out during Pearl Jam. A really good friend of mine from Highschool drove down from Boston and joined us.

Though it was only two songs, seeing Pearl Jam in such an intimate setting (10 feet away from the stage, with nobody in front of me) was an amazing experience that I'll remember forever.

After the show, we passed Stone in the hallway and stood next to Matt Cameron at the urinals in the men's room. I really wanted to grab one of them and totally geek out, telling them how much pearl jam means to me, etc, etc...but, being someone that works in the entertainment industry, I had to keep my cool.

Later that night, I went to the after-after party, which BEGINS at 4am. The host or band doesn't always show up, either. It's mostly just the cast. I grabbed a beer and milled about for a bit, talking to a few of my friends that write for the show. I then jokingly said, "Hey, is Eddie Vedder here yet?" My friend said, "Yeah, he's in the back...nice guy."

"Yeah, I think he's in the back talking to Horatio. He's carrying a wine bottle -- you can't miss him."

I immediately run to find my friend and inform him the exciting news I just heard. We run to the back and stand next to Eddie and Horatio who are engaged in a long conversation about the Chicago Cubs. Finally, Horatio notices us, and being the awesome guy that he is, introduces the both of us to Eddie. It wasn't really anything more than "really nice to meet you...thanks for coming," but that was enough for me. Now...I've met plenty of actors and famous people or whatever, but to meet the rock icon who's posters plastered the walls of your bedroom for most of your life: now that is something else.

Awesome.

that's awesome!!!!!!!!!
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    erockappel wrote:

Awesome.
    I wish that was all coming from me...ugh..I wish!!!
    Your good friend's with Horatio Sanz :eek: He's my favorite!!! All he has to do is breath and the giggles begin!!:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Obsidian22Obsidian22 Posts: 298
    Yeah, Eddie if your reading, Lindsay is a lost cause
    Don't fall to her fading charms... damaged goods babe..
    Cool man you saw them live.. what a performance..
    something to mark Easter with.. oh the holidays... Pearl Jam forever!!
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's Soul remains Unawakened.
    Anatole France
  • JJDJJD Posts: 17
    Wow alot of LL action ..........it got more focused then back to LL ......now to me.....JJD..............SH....cool name......I get to hopefully hear some new tracks MAY 9.,10.........Sit and Play the whole album....well ya can stand if you want.......That would be a fan band move.....do it the second night....If you see PJ live...... your a a new fan...........LL's like youall........Jamly............
    ...the comedy writer had a good tale.......not to funny.......the cake was lol.
    ....the cubs are up and coming...........4to 8 party.....sounds shady.........
    Stone is the glue.............LUV IS........winked at babe...........World wide Suicide.........Buddy's right.........give these more spice...detail of your experience .........Don't take pictures.........would you jump off a bridge.......follow yourself and give some back.........Del toro......so what.........19's prime time...........Send Stone to talk with Dave.........Get away from this invisible thing....be famous.........JJD
    Born2Jam wrote:
    Did you guys see Ed kiss his necklace pendant during the goodbye/credits?
    Could anyone tell what the pendant was? Just dumb fan curiosity.:p

it was his locket with the picture of me inside
  • I went to the Live taping last night and Pearl Jam rocked last night. There were definitely a hand full of fans in the audience. The only thing I really noticed being there vs watching on tv that was quite amusing or strange to see was........ right before WWS and before Lindsay Lohan announced the band there is like a 60 second countdown....with about 20 seconds left before it goes live Lindsay looked back at Eddie and smiled and Eddie kind of winked /half smiled back. Let's hope they did not forge a friendship. hahaha

After the show I went to the afterparty at Heartland Brewery, but my name was not on the list like I had hoped by NBC. But, around 145a I did see the band show up to go in the club....there was about 10-12 paparazzis snapping pix and yelling Eddie's name. He signed a couple autographs and then went into the bar. He seemed to be in pretty good spirits.

Anyway that was my experience last night.....all in all it was a great night.

are you sure it was last night?
    ~I'd list my shows here, but I've long since lost count~