Options

I went to SNL ...... (Fanviews)

Comments

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I agree, who cares if Lohan is a fan/friend. Stop trashing her, it may be a good thing for both parties. Its true that everyone was trashing her and then saying she was alright after the show. If Ed turns into a fan then everyone will think she is the greatest.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    I went to the Live taping last night and Pearl Jam rocked last night. There were definitely a hand full of fans in the audience. The only thing I really noticed being there vs watching on tv that was quite amusing or strange to see was........ right before WWS and before Lindsay Lohan announced the band there is like a 60 second countdown....with about 20 seconds left before it goes live Lindsay looked back at Eddie and smiled and Eddie kind of winked /half smiled back. Let's hope they did not forge a friendship. hahaha

After the show I went to the afterparty at Heartland Brewery, but my name was not on the list like I had hoped by NBC. But, around 145a I did see the band show up to go in the club....there was about 10-12 paparazzis snapping pix and yelling Eddie's name. He signed a couple autographs and then went into the bar. He seemed to be in pretty good spirits.

Anyway that was my experience last night.....all in all it was a great night.
    Thanks for posting your first-hand account and following up on questions... much appreciated!! Sounded like it was even more awesome from the inside than from the outside (via TV) and cool that a few fans like you made it in. Thanks again!!

(and must this become yet-another hijacked thread about bashing or defending LLohan?? Sheesh... there's new PEARL JAM footage in the world!! And a thread for people who were there to tell us about it!! Niiiiice :))
    ... wish the world could go again with love ...
  • Options
    she actually seemed very enthused to be around PJ, the way she introduced them, the hugging. she seemed giddy around them. i think shes a huge fan
  • Options
    Lindsay Lohan rocks.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Thats what hes saying man. He's saying before the show people were bashing LL and now cuz of what happened everyone is say shes ok. He means that because she showed respect thats good enough, and people shouldnt bash her just cuz of everything else.

I guess I miss understood his post... thanks for clearning it up.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Thanks for posting your first-hand account and following up on questions... much appreciated!! Sounded like it was even more awesome from the inside than from the outside (via TV) and cool that a few fans like you made it in. Thanks again!!

(and must this become yet-another hijacked thread about bashing or defending LLohan?? Sheesh... there's new PEARL JAM footage in the world!! And a thread for people who were there to tell us about it!! Niiiiice :))

I forgot to mention that Ryan Adams was sitting two rows in front of me at SNL and that besides PJ and the SNL cast the other people I saw going into the after party were Jeremy Piven and Martha Plimpton. I am sure there were others, but I bolted after PJ showed up and went inside.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
  • Options
    fuck who cares if Lindsay is a fan, or hates the band or what ever, who fucking cares, The reason I watched the show was to see Pearl Jam perform, I don't give a shit about who hosts it. or how happy they are towards the bands that play, the only shit that matters is that Pearl jam played, did thier thing and rocked, end of story.
    "Keep on Rockin In the Free World"

"Gimli,MB 08-14-93"
    "Fargo,ND 06-15-03"
    "Winnipeg,MB 09-08-05"
    "Thunder Bay,ON 09-09-05"
  • Options
    She's a 19 year old girl dealing with INCREDIBLE pressures. Many people can't handle it, a few we can all think of have killed themselves in similar situations.

How people can form INTENSE opinions of celebrities they have never met, never spoken too, and ONLY know from questionable media sources baffles me.

I suspect if any of us had every mistake we ever made on the front page of US Weekly, we probably wouldn't come across too well.

Now I'm not saying she's perfect, I'm saying I don't know her, so I'm not gonna judge.

She's even hotter in person by the way :)
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Most of you claim not to care, but I figured I'd attempt to end some debate.
    As some of you know, she used to date Wilmer Valderrama. Well, he's a huge fan and she was seen with him at some shows. I find it hard to believe she's NOT a fan after seeing them live. Does that help you guys?
    And I thought her intros were definitely sincere. I watch that show every week, and she put a whole lot more effort into introducing them than pretty much any other host.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    She's a 19 year old girl dealing with INCREDIBLE pressures. Many people can't handle it, a few we can all think of have killed themselves in similar situations.

How people can form INTENSE opinions of celebrities they have never met, never spoken too, and ONLY know from questionable media sources baffles me.

I suspect if any of us had every mistake we ever made on the front page of US Weekly, we probably wouldn't come across too well.

Now I'm not saying she's perfect, I'm saying I don't know her, so I'm not gonna judge.

She's even hotter in person by the way :)

I agree. I thought she did a terrific job. :)

Unlike many, I actually enjoyed the SNL - yes, the entire show! :)

I do think she has a sense of humor - I was reading her interview at a hair salon and she was pretty open about herself, about her father, her weight loss due to depression/pressure/relationship, and how she laughed when people who thought she had fake boobs because her size went down to "C" because of the eating disorder. Now, that is sense of humor! She can handle herself pretty well.

She was also voicing her concerns about young girls looking at her and thinking they should be skinny and pretty - she felt they shouldn't be doing that. She didn't feel too good about that.

And based on others' comments about Eddie winking at Logan and her hugging him after the show, makes me feel good - because it shows that he is not a judgical person, doesn't listen to other people's opinions or gossips to make his own opinion of that person.

After reading that interview with Logan, my opinion of her changed and I didn't mind her being the host for PJ at all, I hope Logan's fans are going to check out PJ now. :)

I'm happy for those who were able to get in SNL to enjoy the full show! :D

We enjoyed watching SNL over and over today!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    thanks for the review, pj definatley rocked!!

im gonna be watching severed hand about a million times in the next few days!

btw, cut lohan a break, shes been thru enough and shes already gone either aneroxic or bulemic(kidding) i think she did a decenct job and she aint that bad to look at
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Good point..funny thing is so many people on this board are just such haters...Ed isn't a hater, in fact, I think he probably gives everyone a chance...all it takes is for Lohan to go up to him, say his music is unbelievable, and there's already a bond right there...we've heard stories on this very board of people having the same encounters with Ed and people say how authentic and attentive he is when engaged in a conversation.

i like your style...i wish everyone on this board would give people a chance before passing judgement...maybe they picked lindsey lohan to host last night because she is a big pj fan......ever think of that?
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Down1Down1 Posts: 40
    Who Cares if LL is fan or not...and who cares how she introduced them...I highly doubt that this original post was put on the board to start up a conversation speculating her or her interaction with the band. What is more important--the fact that the boys are finally on the road again and we can all celebrate their music and an awesome live performance after such a long break, or the fact that a teen pop idol introduced them?
    Memorial 7/21/98, MGM 10/22/00, Key 11/5&6/00, EV Showbox 7/9/01, Key(Groundworks)10/22/01, Showbox 12/6/02, Key 12/8&9/02, MSG 7/9/03, Benaroya 10/22/03, Gorge 9/1/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Gorge II 7/23/06, EV Vancouver 4/08, San Fran 8/28/09, Key 9/21&22/09, EV Benaroya 7/15&16/11
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    Good point..funny thing is so many people on this board are just such haters...Ed isn't a hater, in fact, I think he probably gives everyone a chance...all it takes is for Lohan to go up to him, say his music is unbelievable, and there's already a bond right there...we've heard stories on this very board of people having the same encounters with Ed and people say how authentic and attentive he is when engaged in a conversation.

I agree, way too many haters!

Knowledge is power!
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    WWS, was ok....I thought there was too much Matt singing though...thought his mic level was a bit high.

Severed Hand kicked ass! Matt was great on that song. Loved it when Ed strapped his guitar back on and gave out a scream for the jam. Blew me away!

I'm so excited to hear these songs live this tour!!!
  • Options
    I bloody missed it! :(
  • Options
    I got to meet Eddie at the SNL after-after party on Saturday night.

I'm a comedy writer living in NYC, and I'm good friends with Horatio Sanz. When I found out PJ was going to be on -- after my heart stopped beating for a couple of second -- I made the call to Horatio, begging for a ticket to the dress rehearsal. I had a show at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre at midnight, so I couldn't make the live taping.

Anyway, he had already given away his free tickets, but assured me that I could hang out in his dressing room during the taping of the show, promising that he would sneak me out during Pearl Jam. A really good friend of mine from Highschool drove down from Boston and joined us.

Though it was only two songs, seeing Pearl Jam in such an intimate setting (10 feet away from the stage, with nobody in front of me) was an amazing experience that I'll remember forever.

After the show, we passed Stone in the hallway and stood next to Matt Cameron at the urinals in the men's room. I really wanted to grab one of them and totally geek out, telling them how much pearl jam means to me, etc, etc...but, being someone that works in the entertainment industry, I had to keep my cool.

Later that night, I went to the after-after party, which BEGINS at 4am. The host or band doesn't always show up, either. It's mostly just the cast. I grabbed a beer and milled about for a bit, talking to a few of my friends that write for the show. I then jokingly said, "Hey, is Eddie Vedder here yet?" My friend said, "Yeah, he's in the back...nice guy."

"Wait...he's ACTUALLY HERE!?"

"Yeah, I think he's in the back talking to Horatio. He's carrying a wine bottle -- you can't miss him."

I immediately run to find my friend and inform him the exciting news I just heard. We run to the back and stand next to Eddie and Horatio who are engaged in a long conversation about the Chicago Cubs. Finally, Horatio notices us, and being the awesome guy that he is, introduces the both of us to Eddie. It wasn't really anything more than "really nice to meet you...thanks for coming," but that was enough for me. Now...I've met plenty of actors and famous people or whatever, but to meet the rock icon who's posters plastered the walls of your bedroom for most of your life: now that is something else.

Awesome.
    Barrie, Ontario 8/22/98 * East Rutherford, NJ 9/08/98 * New York, NY 9/10/98 * New York, NY 9/11/98 * Jones Beach, NY 8/23/00 * Jones Beach, NY 8/24/00 * Jones Beach, NY 8/25/00 * Pittsburgh, PA 9/05/00 * Toronto, Ontario 10/05/00 * Boston, MA 9/29/04 * Saturday Night Live 4/15/06
  • Options
    erockappel wrote:

I'm a comedy writer living in NYC, and I'm good friends with Horatio Sanz. When I found out PJ was going to be on -- after my heart stopped beating for a couple of second -- I made the call to Horatio, begging for a ticket to the dress rehearsal. I had a show at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre at midnight, so I couldn't make the live taping.

Anyway, he had already given away his free tickets, but assured me that I could hang out in his dressing room during the taping of the show, promising that he would sneak me out during Pearl Jam. A really good friend of mine from Highschool drove down from Boston and joined us.

Though it was only two songs, seeing Pearl Jam in such an intimate setting (10 feet away from the stage, with nobody in front of me) was an amazing experience that I'll remember forever.

After the show, we passed Stone in the hallway and stood next to Matt Cameron at the urinals in the men's room. I really wanted to grab one of them and totally geek out, telling them how much pearl jam means to me, etc, etc...but, being someone that works in the entertainment industry, I had to keep my cool.

Later that night, I went to the after-after party, which BEGINS at 4am. The host or band doesn't always show up, either. It's mostly just the cast. I grabbed a beer and milled about for a bit, talking to a few of my friends that write for the show. I then jokingly said, "Hey, is Eddie Vedder here yet?" My friend said, "Yeah, he's in the back...nice guy."

"Yeah, I think he's in the back talking to Horatio. He's carrying a wine bottle -- you can't miss him."

I immediately run to find my friend and inform him the exciting news I just heard. We run to the back and stand next to Eddie and Horatio who are engaged in a long conversation about the Chicago Cubs. Finally, Horatio notices us, and being the awesome guy that he is, introduces the both of us to Eddie. It wasn't really anything more than "really nice to meet you...thanks for coming," but that was enough for me. Now...I've met plenty of actors and famous people or whatever, but to meet the rock icon who's posters plastered the walls of your bedroom for most of your life: now that is something else.

Awesome.

Thanks for the story...and welcome to the board.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    erockappel wrote:
    I got to meet Eddie at the SNL after-after party on Saturday night. .....

Nice.
    How awesome for you!!!
    :D:D:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    erockappel wrote:

Awesome.
    Was the after party really at the heartland brewery in midtown??
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    Erockappel, excellent story! Very happy for you and your friend. And VERY jealous of your connections!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    You are a very lucky individual! Awesome!
    " When you want more than you have
    You think you need
    And when you think more than you want
    Your thoughts begin to bleed."
    E.V. Society

"And by the way, their real and their spectacular!"
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    great story, congrats! :)
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    erockappel wrote:
    We run to the back and stand next to Eddie and Horatio who are engaged in a long conversation about the Chicago Cubs.

the cubs huh? how can there be a long conversation about the cubs? my quess is eddie was discussing chicago's better team in town. the white sox baby!
  • Options
    erockappel wrote:

you wanted to grab matt in the men's room while at the urinal?
  • Options
    I swear I read it that way too!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    I might be coming to this a little late, but would anyone mind writing a detailed review of the performance, experience, ambience, etc? So far the ones I've read in this thread, starting since the beginning have been pretty short and simple. Before they moved the fanviews to the message pit page, back when they were on Synergy, the fanviews would be very detailed, with a good amount of time put into them. I couldnt see the show, so any info, even the slightest of most trivial would be appreciated. thank you.

P.S. At 11:00 last saturday I was in a stretch yellow hummer cruising down the Vegas strip on my way to VIP status at the Venetian, so I had a good reason to not tune in.
    Matt and I are friends.
  • Options
    erockappel wrote:

Awesome.

now that is what im talking about. thank you for that.
    Matt and I are friends.
  • Options

Haha - I assure you that I would have waited until he was out of the bathroom to grab his "attention"...not his penis.

The "after party" was at Heartland, yes...but each week there is also an "AFTER-after party," which goes from about 4am to 8am. That's the one I met him at. It was at some bar around 14th Street and 8th Ave.

Thanks for the responses!

Ah, one more thing I forgot to put in...

As my friend and I hovered around Eddie and Horatio -- after we had been introduced -- we got out a camera and positioned ourselves to ask for a photo. Suddenly, Eddie's big bouncer spots what we're doing and puts his hand over the camera, "Nah guys...trying to have a good time"...which I completely understand, though I was bummed out about. It would have been great to have a picture to accompany the story.

Maybe next time.
    Barrie, Ontario 8/22/98 * East Rutherford, NJ 9/08/98 * New York, NY 9/10/98 * New York, NY 9/11/98 * Jones Beach, NY 8/23/00 * Jones Beach, NY 8/24/00 * Jones Beach, NY 8/25/00 * Pittsburgh, PA 9/05/00 * Toronto, Ontario 10/05/00 * Boston, MA 9/29/04 * Saturday Night Live 4/15/06
  • Options
    I might be coming to this a little late, but would anyone mind writing a detailed review of the performance, experience, ambience, etc? So far the ones I've read in this thread, starting since the beginning have been pretty short and simple. Before they moved the fanviews to the message pit page, back when they were on Synergy, the fanviews would be very detailed, with a good amount of time put into them. I couldnt see the show, so any info, even the slightest of most trivial would be appreciated. thank you.

P.S. At 11:00 last saturday I was in a stretch yellow hummer cruising down the Vegas strip on my way to VIP status at the Venetian, so I had a good reason to not tune in.

While your status is undoubtedly raised based on your whereabouts this past Saturday, I don't think you're going to get much more than is in here. I suggest doing a search for the downloads and just watching it yourself.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*