if you opened your own bar/pub...

13»

Comments

• shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    RKCNDY wrote:

I want a bar called 'The Dog Park'-and you can bring your dog in with you.

there's a whole pile of those bar's in Houston.

The closest one to my house is actually called "The Boneyard"... pretty cute (not that i have a dog...)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    conman wrote:
    what would you call it?

the annandale hotel. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    conman wrote:
    what would you call it?

the annandale hotel. 8-)
    Nicely done! :clap:

I'd call mine either "Bugs" or "Dirty Frank's"

My friend runs a live folk night in London called 'Last Exit', I always though that would make a cool name for a bar or a record store.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush wrote:
    conman wrote:
    what would you call it?

the annandale hotel. 8-)

My friend runs a live folk night in London called 'Last Exit', I always though that would make a cool name for a bar or a record store.

even moreso if it was in brooklyn. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I would frequently visit all these if I was an alcoholic,
    Wait.... I am god bless!! You better stock some damned
    good beer!!
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    If I owned a bar or pub I would want to call it something that is impossible to say when drunk, for example, maybe I'd call it "How much.." as in:
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chunk would?
    A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    shep wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

I want a bar called 'The Dog Park'-and you can bring your dog in with you.

there's a whole pile of those bar's in Houston.

The closest one to my house is actually called "The Boneyard"... pretty cute (not that i have a dog...)

There are a few bars here that do this...you just sit on the patio. I went to a bar once, and asked them if I could sit on the patio with my dog, the manager looks at my dog and says, "I can't say 'no' to that face". My dog sat under the table quietly, I tossed him a few fries for being a good boy.

I want one where I can sit inside with my dog...maybe even have a sort of 'dog park' inside. I just have to figure out how to make people pick up after their dog.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    call it "The Home Office"
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Hire this guy ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYKwwEpt_08JDEUAxZwRgW-h6KFtJsswsxssErHEJ5dcOrwm9pvw
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    a bar is too much hassle..im opening a breakfeast joint..i will serve pancakes..it will be called Stacked..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 wrote:
    a bar is too much hassle..im opening a breakfeast joint..i will serve pancakes..it will be called Stacked..

waffles too?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    Wma31394 wrote:

You should hire from a Hooters perspective. And serve beer. Did I mention I do consulting on the side?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Wma31394 wrote:

You should hire from a Hooters perspective. And serve beer. Did I mention I do consulting on the side?

the local Hooters closed last month. Apparently this area is 'family-oriented'.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    goldrush wrote:
    conman wrote:
    what would you call it?

the annandale hotel. 8-)

we have a bar here on long island called even flow bar and grill

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Even-Flo ... 02?fref=ts 8-)
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Even though I'm mainly based across the pond, I have my eye on this currently empty place in West Seattle, off Alki Beach, near the Starbucks there. It's opposite the Statue of Liberty down there. It's now available for lease. Anyone know where I mean? I'm over there a couple of times a year. I would call it Bluenote's, and microbrew my own beer there.
    Even though I'm mainly based across the pond, I have my eye on this currently empty place in West Seattle, off Alki Beach, near the Starbucks there. It's opposite the Statue of Liberty down there. It's now available for lease. Anyone know where I mean? I'm over there a couple of times a year. I would call it Bluenote's, and microbrew my own beer there.

they moved the statue of liberty????
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223

070.jpg

070.jpg

aww shes cute. oh and if you need staff for bluenotes, give me a call. I pull beers here, I can surely do it on the other side of the pacific. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say