Options

Accused bomber was on welfare.

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    This kid (and his brother) became American citizens, no?

I've got a hankering for NIN's The Hand that Feeds.......... :think:
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    The younger one was, the older was not.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    pandora wrote:
    this foreign piece of shit.
    And no I'm not racist I can differentiate between shit and non shit.

yet you still had to throw in the word foreign?

I'm not coming down on you here, I get what your saying.
    It's just your wording sometimes,... most will take offense to this.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    the wolf wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Exactly Wolf, mite have to report her to Kat cuz that offended me..... :nono: ;)
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    the wolf wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Exactly Wolf, mite have to report her to Kat cuz that offended me..... :nono: ;)

Sometimes we Americans forget that there are people from all over the world posting here,
    I'll admit in the past i would sometimes forget. I'm thinking,.. American Band, American fans yeah?

My point is this... I don't think Pandora was being a racist, but by choosing to use the words "foreign piece of shit" she most likely DID in fact offend some people that are not Americans.

It's unfortunate that some will never understand that though.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    JimmyV wrote:

Oh i hear you , and the attention that this is getting is warranted ..And the fact that the welfare aspect of it is more important to people than the issue of how did they acquire their weapons to me is a bit puzzleing ..

The bombs and weapons aspects are getting quite a bit of interest too. I believe the explosives may have come from New Hampshire and were originally fireworks. The guns could have come from anywhere, sadly.

You are correct ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Just re: Immigrants should not receive welfare ...
    As an immigrant, you are usually not eligible for welfare. When you come here, you have to have a sponsor who has to sign the so-called affidavit of support. The sponsor has to prove that he earns 125% above the poverty line and ensure that the immigrant will not apply for means-tested public benefits. If he does, the sponsor will have to pay for this. If he cannot do it, he can get sued by the agency. This sponsorship only ends when the immigrant becomes an American citizen or can be credited with 40 quarters of work (10 years, I think), or if the sponsor or immigrant dies.
    i was planning to pm you to ask you infos about that..like you knew and post this :)

A lot of people really don't have a clue how hard it actually is to immigrate to the US. It's not just "apply, pack and leave". My immigration process took roughly a year, and we breezed through. Other people are stuck for years in administrative processes, families are disrupted and almost harrassed by the authorities who want to know everything. And it is expensive too. You cannot apply for citizenship right away either.
    Also, adjustment is not easy for everybody. Even I as an immigrant from Germany sometimes struggle with the cultural differences. That doesn't mean that I will become a murderer or terrorist though.
    THANK YOU.

I was about to post something about how very few of the so-called "entitlement" programs (or welfare) are available to immigrants. More services are available to people designated as refugees, because they have fled a difficult situation and are at a greater disadvantage.

This guy wasn't a citizen but he was a resident alien with an American wife and child. Some benefits will vary from state to state but sometimes people are eligible because there is a U.S. citizen in the family.

Contrary to popular belief, it's pretty tough to come to the U.S. and "mooch" off it. Like Leeze said, it's not the motivation to come here for immigrants. Usually something like a better life.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    As an immigrant, you are usually not eligible for welfare. When you come here, you have to have a sponsor who has to sign the so-called affidavit of support. The sponsor has to prove that he earns 125% above the poverty line and ensure that the immigrant will not apply for means-tested public benefits. If he does, the sponsor will have to pay for this. If he cannot do it, he can get sued by the agency. This sponsorship only ends when the immigrant becomes an American citizen or can be credited with 40 quarters of work (10 years, I think), or if the sponsor or immigrant dies.
    Get your damnable facts outta this here thread! :arrow:
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916
    A lot of good points here on why benefits should be extended to legal immigrants. But there also is something to the idea that if you are going to come here you should be expected to contribute. A lot of gray area on both sides.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Nah Mr Wolf, she's a racist. Statement she made was pretty clear. "Foreign piece of shit" says it all. :roll:
  • Options
    a bad apple spoils the bunch.

I wonder how many immigrants in the same situation have used the money to get on their feet and become productive members of our society. People who love America for the opportunities it affords them and the help they were given to get started.
    For every 10 people who really appreciate the help is there one person taking advantage? If so does that still make it worth it?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions - just felt like this thread was really narrow and blinded.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    the wolf wrote:

My point is this... I don't think Pandora was being a racist, but by choosing to use the words "foreign piece of shit" she most likely DID in fact offend some people that are not Americans.
    i was not offended from pandoras post,cos im a foreign full of shit,not a foreign piece of shit :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i was planning to pm you to ask you infos about that..like you knew and post this :)

A lot of people really don't have a clue how hard it actually is to immigrate to the US. It's not just "apply, pack and leave". My immigration process took roughly a year, and we breezed through. Other people are stuck for years in administrative processes, families are disrupted and almost harrassed by the authorities who want to know everything. And it is expensive too. You cannot apply for citizenship right away either.
    Also, adjustment is not easy for everybody. Even I as an immigrant from Germany sometimes struggle with the cultural differences. That doesn't mean that I will become a murderer or terrorist though.
    thank for the infos Lisa..very intresting post..i know very well,cos u told me in the past,how hard is to get the ok from authorities..and thanks for all the help..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:

i was not offended from pandoras post,cos im a foreign full of shit,not a foreign piece of shit :lol::lol:

But we are ALL full of shit dimi. :) So it's all good.
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

seriously..people are upset,isnt easy to understand that someone you wellcome in your country just blows away people with bombs....i understand..
    the problems is really the way people think and not how a person express him self in a post.
    i had alot of conversations and pm with pandora,i never felt she sees me or treat me different cos im not American..!
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    seriously..people are upset,isnt easy to understand that someone you wellcome in your country just blows away people with bombs....i understand..
    the problems is really the way people think and not how a person express him self in a post.
    i had alot of conversations and pm with pandora,i never felt she sees me or treat me different cos im not American..!

wait. Dimi, you are not american?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    a bad apple spoils the bunch.

I wonder how many immigrants in the same situation have used the money to get on their feet and become productive members of our society. People who love America for the opportunities it affords them and the help they were given to get started.
    For every 10 people who really appreciate the help is there one person taking advantage? If so does that still make it worth it?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions - just felt like this thread was really narrow and blinded.

Good ?? i can only answer for my family my father migrated here in the late 60s worked for pennies made enough to send for us to come here in 1971 my two siblings and mother ..
    we are all contributing citizens pay our taxes never been arrested , and next sept my oldest will be the 1st from my family to attend college i'd say this country got their moneys worth from us and in turn we get to live in the best country in the world and that comes from the deepest part of my soul ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

im American,,im just so hot and sexy like Greek Gods are,and all think im Greek!! 8-):lol:
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    pandora wrote:
    Yes it sucks that he was collecting as so many others do that also committ crimes everyday , but i ask again would it make you feel any better if this creep was a contributing citizen and still committed this crime ...To me the bottom line is 4 people died because of these two criminals ...
    I would feel less shit on as a taxpaying American yes ...
    it's the fucking icing on the cake he was collecting a government check
    Hey maybe I actually paid for that pressure cooker with my blood sweat and tears
    as a hard working American.

Sometimes the irony in this life can really make one physically ill.
    I bury my head and cry at the same time my blood boils. I swear the world has gone crazy.

You say bigoted things in here every now and again.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

im American,,im just so hot and sexy like Greek Gods are,and all think im Greek!! 8-):lol:
    ;)
  • Options
    Good ?? i can only answer for my family my father migrated here in the late 60s worked for pennies made enough to send for us to come here in 1971 my two siblings and mother ..
    we are all contributing citizens pay our taxes never been arrested , and next sept my oldest will be the 1st from my family to attend college i'd say this country got their moneys worth from us and in turn we get to live in the best country in the world and that comes from the deepest part of my soul ....

:clap:

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619

THANK YOU.

I was about to post something about how very few of the so-called "entitlement" programs (or welfare) are available to immigrants. More services are available to people designated as refugees, because they have fled a difficult situation and are at a greater disadvantage.

This guy wasn't a citizen but he was a resident alien with an American wife and child. Some benefits will vary from state to state but sometimes people are eligible because there is a U.S. citizen in the family.

Contrary to popular belief, it's pretty tough to come to the U.S. and "mooch" off it. Like Leeze said, it's not the motivation to come here for immigrants. Usually something like a better life.

My guess is that their kid was probably on medicaid. Maybe the parents were on Romney Care.

It seems like a lot of people think immigrants should only be allowed to come to the U.S. with a college degree and a big wad of cash, just like our ancestors did.
  • Options

thats a really wise and great post..and congrats for your kid Jose!!thats great he will be the 1st go to college!!
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    im american
    im american look at me go

frickin joke time
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    The elder Tsarnaev brother was a bad jumping off point for this issue. There are good arguments on both sides but some of them get lost when he is involved.

• Options
    the wolf wrote:

I don't believe she is racist. At all.
    I know some here do though.
    I just questioned the wording is all. It's not hard to understand why some people here might take offence to what she said.
    If it's not a racist comment, the word "foreign" should not have preceded the words "piece of shit".
    Just my opinion.
    Anyway, my post was to actually show that she had me agreeing with most of what she was saying up until
    that part, and choice of words.

I'm just a firm believer that anytime that you say something and have to clarify that you are not a racist, you are probably saying something that you KNOW will be taken as being racist. So, if your not a racist, why say it at all?
    Peace, Love.

-- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    [

I don't believe she is racist. At all.
    I know some here do though.
    I just questioned the wording is all. It's not hard to understand why some people here might take offence to what she said.
    If it's not a racist comment, the word "foreign" should not have preceded the words "piece of shit".
    Just my opinion.
    Anyway, my post was to actually show that she had me agreeing with most of what she was saying up until
    that part, and choice of words.

I'm just a firm believer that anytime that you say something and have to clarify that you are not a racist, you are probably saying something that you KNOW will be taken as being racist. So, if your not a racist, why say it at all?
    i see your point bro..but lets say was an misplaced comment to add word foreign with piece of shit....
    i understand that people might get offended,im not,cos i realise,when someone from another another country while live in your country,take advantage the benefits and as thank you put bombs,you might get a little upset and oversay things....
    i cant speak for everyone here,but atleast to me Pandora always treat me the same,with out treat me as a foreign,or point out in our cinversation that im not American.
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:

Dimi, you are a foreign full of shit, and your Madrid can eat shit!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    the wolf wrote:

Dimi, you are a foreign full of shit, and your Madrid can eat shit!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    :lol:
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i'd say this country got their moneys worth from us and in turn we get to live in the best country in the world and that comes from the deepest part of my soul ....

do you honestly believe america is the greatest country in the world?
This discussion has been closed.