Accused bomber was on welfare.

unsungunsung Posts: 5,032
edited April 2013 in A Moving Train
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/lo ... e_benefits

I disagree with providing welfare to immigrants no matter their legal or illegal status. If you can't come here and be a productive member of society then you should not be able to come here to leech off us. There needs to be incentive to invest your future here, not get funding to blow up innocent people. I realize that some people need help but this crap needs to stop.
Post edited by Unknown User on
«1345

Comments

  • JimmyVJimmyV BostonPosts: 7,065
    Something we agree on.
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • unsung" said:
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/tamerlan_tsarnaev_got_mass_welfare_benefits

    I disagree with providing welfare to immigrants no matter their legal or illegal status. If you can't come here and be a productive member of society then you should not be able to come here to leech off us. There needs to be incentive to invest your future here, not get funding to blow up innocent people. I realize that some people need help but this crap needs to stop.
    :clap:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 12,782
    Agreed , but it's not like if he had a job this wouldn't of happened ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    unsung" said:
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/tamerlan_tsarnaev_got_mass_welfare_benefits

    I disagree with providing welfare to immigrants no matter their legal or illegal status. If you can't come here and be a productive member of society then you should not be able to come here to leech off us. There needs to be incentive to invest your future here, not get funding to blow up innocent people. I realize that some people need help but this crap needs to stop.
    :wtf: and he blows up Americans, so much pain and suffering, asshole is too good of a word for him.

    I agree with you unsung wholeheartedly.
    Our country has lost all common sense.

    "Judge yourself if you feel the need
    Just let me known to be
    In search of the truth myself
    There is a drop of blood on the ground
    And it seems to me that it's not my kind
    And I can't be sure if its yours or mine."
  • JimmyVJimmyV BostonPosts: 7,065
    Easy to believe America is the great Satan when she is paying your bills, I guess. The uncle was right; these two were losers.
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 12,094
    what the cuss?

    timothy mcveigh was a registered republican who voted libertarian and had an NRA membership ... and he was roman catholic ...

    way to take something tragic to push an agenda that is completely unrelated ...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    polaris_x" said:
    what the cuss?

    timothy mcveigh was a registered republican who voted libertarian and had an NRA membership ... and he was roman catholic ...

    way to take something tragic to push an agenda that is completely unrelated ...
    it makes the fact he was on taxpayer bread and butter all the more tragic :fp:
    and pissy

    "Judge yourself if you feel the need
    Just let me known to be
    In search of the truth myself
    There is a drop of blood on the ground
    And it seems to me that it's not my kind
    And I can't be sure if its yours or mine."
  • fifefife Posts: 2,612
    pandora" said:
    [quote="polaris_x"]what the cuss?

    timothy mcveigh was a registered republican who voted libertarian and had an NRA membership ... and he was roman catholic ...

    way to take something tragic to push an agenda that is completely unrelated ...
    it makes the fact he was on taxpayer bread and butter all the more tragic :fp:
    and pissy[/quote]

    really, this made it more tragic?

    as for the org. post, was this person not a citizen?
  • unsungunsung Posts: 5,032
    I believe his younger brother was but he was not.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    unsung" said:
    I believe his younger brother was but he was not.
    yes the younger brother became a US citizen last Sept 11th :evil: irony or ?

    "Judge yourself if you feel the need
    Just let me known to be
    In search of the truth myself
    There is a drop of blood on the ground
    And it seems to me that it's not my kind
    And I can't be sure if its yours or mine."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 124,255
    i post it in the other thread..
    i dont get it..
    why those 2 boys hate America?
    raised there,all people they know are there,friend,society..i guess most of friends,girlkfriends,school..Americans..and let say the young brother follow the big one..
    how this hate grow up?suppose their parents told them,this is a better life..
    they just woke up a morning and plan an attack?
    i really believe parents,atleat one or a relative must knew..or a friend,or someone they pray together..whatever.
    they even take the benefits from the state..
    and their relatives..really.,.better stop talking..they need to show respect to the country wellcoime them
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 12,094
    dimitrispearljam" said:
    i post it in the other thread..
    i dont get it..
    why those 2 boys hate America?
    raised there,all people they know are there,friend,society..i guess most of friends,girlkfriends,school..Americans..and let say the young brother follow the big one..
    how this hate grow up?suppose their parents told them,this is a better life..
    they just woke up a morning and plan an attack?
    i really believe parents,atleat one or a relative must knew..or a friend,or someone they pray together..whatever.
    they even take the benefits from the state..
    and their relatives..really.,.better stop talking..they need to show respect to the country wellcoime them
    without knowing them personally - i would suspect that they were radicalized on the foundation that has radicalized most al qaeda members ... the notion that america is evil ... their incursions into foreign lands for war profiteering and country meddling is not appreciated anywhere ... just because you live in a country that offers opportunities doesn't mean one is devoid of being angry at it ... look at timothy mcveigh - he believed that foreign intervention by the american military was wrong ... and he died believing that ...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    fife" said:
    [quote="pandora"][quote="polaris_x"]what the cuss?

    timothy mcveigh was a registered republican who voted libertarian and had an NRA membership ... and he was roman catholic ...

    way to take something tragic to push an agenda that is completely unrelated ...
    it makes the fact he was on taxpayer bread and butter all the more tragic :fp:
    and pissy[/quote]

    really, this made it more tragic?

    as for the org. post, was this person not a citizen?[/quote]
    We have people here with legs blown off. This bombing was sadistic, cruel, intentional
    evil. Yes the fact I help feed the asswipe the day before makes it all more tragic to me,
    more personal and all the more disappointing in what my country has become.
    It pisses me the fuck off.
    They changed the lives of so many ...
    so much pain, so much struggle ahead for the victims.

    "Judge yourself if you feel the need
    Just let me known to be
    In search of the truth myself
    There is a drop of blood on the ground
    And it seems to me that it's not my kind
    And I can't be sure if its yours or mine."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    polaris_x" said:

    without knowing them personally - i would suspect that they were radicalized on the foundation that has radicalized most al qaeda members ... the notion that america is evil ... their incursions into foreign lands for war profiteering and country meddling is not appreciated anywhere ... just because you live in a country that offers opportunities doesn't mean one is devoid of being angry at it ... look at timothy mcveigh - he believed that foreign intervention by the american military was wrong ... and he died believing that ...
    well really glad he was well fed on the way out...
    if he was any kind of man he wouldn't take a meal ticket from his victims ...
    but he was no kind of man.

    "Judge yourself if you feel the need
    Just let me known to be
    In search of the truth myself
    There is a drop of blood on the ground
    And it seems to me that it's not my kind
    And I can't be sure if its yours or mine."
  • JimmyVJimmyV BostonPosts: 7,065
    pandora" said:

    We have people here with legs blown off. This bombing was sadistic, cruel, intentional
    evil. Yes the fact I help feed the asswipe the day before makes it all more tragic to me,
    more personal and all the more disappointing in what my country has become.
    It pisses me the fuck off.
    They changed the lives of so many ...
    so much pain, so much struggle ahead for the victims.
    I don't disagree. For so many the struggle is just starting. It is infuriating that this loser and his brother were enjoying all the advantages that come from living in America while simultaneously plotting to commit the mass murder of Americans. For political reasons? Please.
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 8,898
    unsung" said:
    http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/tamerlan_tsarnaev_got_mass_welfare_benefits

    I disagree with providing welfare to immigrants no matter their legal or illegal status. If you can't come here and be a productive member of society then you should not be able to come here to leech off us. There needs to be incentive to invest your future here, not get funding to blow up innocent people. I realize that some people need help but this crap needs to stop.
    :thumbup: agreed ! it's bullshit !

    Godfather.
    it dosen't matter to me what a man dose for a living you understand..
    as long as his interest's don't conflict with mine.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 124,255
    polaris_x" said:
    [quote="dimitrispearljam"]i post it in the other thread..
    i dont get it..
    why those 2 boys hate America?
    raised there,all people they know are there,friend,society..i guess most of friends,girlkfriends,school..Americans..and let say the young brother follow the big one..
    how this hate grow up?suppose their parents told them,this is a better life..
    they just woke up a morning and plan an attack?
    i really believe parents,atleat one or a relative must knew..or a friend,or someone they pray together..whatever.
    they even take the benefits from the state..
    and their relatives..really.,.better stop talking..they need to show respect to the country wellcoime them
    without knowing them personally - i would suspect that they were radicalized on the foundation that has radicalized most al qaeda members ... the notion that america is evil ... their incursions into foreign lands for war profiteering and country meddling is not appreciated anywhere ... just because you live in a country that offers opportunities doesn't mean one is devoid of being angry at it ... look at timothy mcveigh - he believed that foreign intervention by the american military was wrong ... and he died believing that ...[/quote]
    sure,i thought that possibility..maybe its just me..how i would think..
    i mean,if i left my country for something better,i would try to be one with the locals,learn their way of life,try to be one with the society..
    if i had this anger inside me,i would go back in my country..
    so many people from other countries go to usa to live..and i guess most of them after years become almost Americans and for sure dont puting bombs
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 12,782
    Yes it sucks that he was collecting as so many others do that also committ crimes everyday , but i ask again would it make you feel any better if this creep was a contributing citizen and still committed this crime ...To me the bottom line is 4 people died because of these two criminals ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 12,094
    dimitrispearljam" said:
    sure,i thought that possibility..maybe its just me..how i would think..
    i mean,if i left my country for something better,i would try to be one with the locals,learn their way of life,try to be one with the society..
    if i had this anger inside me,i would go back in my country..
    so many people from other countries go to usa to live..and i guess most of them after years become almost Americans and for sure dont puting bombs
    well ... i don't know for sure ... but it looks like their mother or father took them to the states ... they didn't necessarily choose it themselves ...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 124,255
    josevolution" said:
    Yes it sucks that he was collecting as so many others do that also committ crimes everyday , but i ask again would it make you feel any better if this creep was a contributing citizen and still committed this crime ...To me the bottom line is 4 people died because of these two criminals ...
    i think Jose,this type of crimes,when reminds terrorist attacks gets more attention at the media..
    and the poolice of course..if a guy from a gang shoot and kill 5 people of another gang,no one will pay that much of attention..
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 124,255
    polaris_x" said:
    [quote="dimitrispearljam"]sure,i thought that possibility..maybe its just me..how i would think..
    i mean,if i left my country for something better,i would try to be one with the locals,learn their way of life,try to be one with the society..
    if i had this anger inside me,i would go back in my country..
    so many people from other countries go to usa to live..and i guess most of them after years become almost Americans and for sure dont puting bombs
    well ... i don't know for sure ... but it looks like their mother or father took them to the states ... they didn't necessarily choose it themselves ...[/quote]
    thats was the idea of my post..how mom and dad was ok with the country,american life and the boys wasnt?strange..seems to me,hate start from their family first..
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the catPosts: 11,607
    Just re: Immigrants should not receive welfare ...
    As an immigrant, you are usually not eligible for welfare. When you come here, you have to have a sponsor who has to sign the so-called affidavit of support. The sponsor has to prove that he earns 125% above the poverty line and ensure that the immigrant will not apply for means-tested public benefits. If he does, the sponsor will have to pay for this. If he cannot do it, he can get sued by the agency. This sponsorship only ends when the immigrant becomes an American citizen or can be credited with 40 quarters of work (10 years, I think), or if the sponsor or immigrant dies.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Thank you for playing YOU ARE for the lovers in Berlin!
    image
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 12,782
    dimitrispearljam" said:
    [quote="josevolution"]Yes it sucks that he was collecting as so many others do that also committ crimes everyday , but i ask again would it make you feel any better if this creep was a contributing citizen and still committed this crime ...To me the bottom line is 4 people died because of these two criminals ...
    i think Jose,this type of crimes,when reminds terrorist attacks gets more attention at the media..
    and the poolice of course..if a guy from a gang shoot and kill 5 people of another gang,no one will pay that much of attention..[/quote]

    Oh i hear you , and the attention that this is getting is warranted ..And the fact that the welfare aspect of it is more important to people than the issue of how did they acquire their weapons to me is a bit puzzleing ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 124,255
    Leezestarr313" said:
    Just re: Immigrants should not receive welfare ...
    As an immigrant, you are usually not eligible for welfare. When you come here, you have to have a sponsor who has to sign the so-called affidavit of support. The sponsor has to prove that he earns 125% above the poverty line and ensure that the immigrant will not apply for means-tested public benefits. If he does, the sponsor will have to pay for this. If he cannot do it, he can get sued by the agency. This sponsorship only ends when the immigrant becomes an American citizen or can be credited with 40 quarters of work (10 years, I think), or if the sponsor or immigrant dies.
    i was planning to pm you to ask you infos about that..like you knew and post this :)
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    josevolution" said:
    Yes it sucks that he was collecting as so many others do that also committ crimes everyday , but i ask again would it make you feel any better if this creep was a contributing citizen and still committed this crime ...To me the bottom line is 4 people died because of these two criminals ...
    I would feel less shit on as a taxpaying American yes ...
    it's the fucking icing on the cake he was collecting a government check
    this foreign piece of shit.
    And no I'm not racist I can differentiate between shit and non shit.
    Hey maybe I actually paid for that pressure cooker with my blood sweat and tears
    as a hard working American.

    Sometimes the irony in this life can really make one physically ill.
    I bury my head and cry at the same time my blood boils. I swear the world has gone crazy.

    "Judge yourself if you feel the need
    Just let me known to be
    In search of the truth myself
    There is a drop of blood on the ground
    And it seems to me that it's not my kind
    And I can't be sure if its yours or mine."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 12,094
    dimitrispearljam" said:
    thats was the idea of my post..how mom and dad was ok with the country,american life and the boys wasnt?strange..seems to me,hate start from their family first..
    well ... mom and dad don't live in the states anymore ...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 124,255
    josevolution" said:
    [quote="dimitrispearljam"][quote="josevolution"]Yes it sucks that he was collecting as so many others do that also committ crimes everyday , but i ask again would it make you feel any better if this creep was a contributing citizen and still committed this crime ...To me the bottom line is 4 people died because of these two criminals ...
    i think Jose,this type of crimes,when reminds terrorist attacks gets more attention at the media..
    and the poolice of course..if a guy from a gang shoot and kill 5 people of another gang,no one will pay that much of attention..[/quote]

    Oh i hear you , and the attention that this is getting is warranted ..And the fact that the welfare aspect of it is more important to people than the issue of how did they acquire their weapons to me is a bit puzzleing ..[/quote]
    exactly...no one mention anything where the fuck found the weapons,how made the bombs etc...i dont get it bro...
    fuck...get a gun .kill somoene must more easy and faster than wait in the line to get a burger
    "....I'd rather be at Chicago Fishing Forum .."
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the catPosts: 11,607
    dimitrispearljam" said:
    [quote="Leezestarr313"]Just re: Immigrants should not receive welfare ...
    As an immigrant, you are usually not eligible for welfare. When you come here, you have to have a sponsor who has to sign the so-called affidavit of support. The sponsor has to prove that he earns 125% above the poverty line and ensure that the immigrant will not apply for means-tested public benefits. If he does, the sponsor will have to pay for this. If he cannot do it, he can get sued by the agency. This sponsorship only ends when the immigrant becomes an American citizen or can be credited with 40 quarters of work (10 years, I think), or if the sponsor or immigrant dies.
    i was planning to pm you to ask you infos about that..like you knew and post this :)[/quote]

    A lot of people really don't have a clue how hard it actually is to immigrate to the US. It's not just "apply, pack and leave". My immigration process took roughly a year, and we breezed through. Other people are stuck for years in administrative processes, families are disrupted and almost harrassed by the authorities who want to know everything. And it is expensive too. You cannot apply for citizenship right away either.
    Also, adjustment is not easy for everybody. Even I as an immigrant from Germany sometimes struggle with the cultural differences. That doesn't mean that I will become a murderer or terrorist though.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Thank you for playing YOU ARE for the lovers in Berlin!
    image
  • unsungunsung Posts: 5,032
    Maybe someone gave it to them, assuming that even though we don't have specifics. I'll bet at some point they will have an "assault weapon", but that's another topic.
  • JimmyVJimmyV BostonPosts: 7,065
    josevolution" said:


    Oh i hear you , and the attention that this is getting is warranted ..And the fact that the welfare aspect of it is more important to people than the issue of how did they acquire their weapons to me is a bit puzzleing ..
    The bombs and weapons aspects are getting quite a bit of interest too. I believe the explosives may have come from New Hampshire and were originally fireworks. The guns could have come from anywhere, sadly.
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
«1345
This discussion has been closed.