Options

Life Wasted live?

Est1993Est1993 Posts: 14
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Can anyone recommend a really good tight version of LW from a boot this tour? The about half dozen I've heard so far don't do it for me for my favorite song off PJ. They don't seem to be tight and and nail it like the studio does so much. I appreciate it!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    all 3 in sf were tight
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    the version from the detroit was incredible. it was probably one of the highlights of the tour for me, and i didnt particularly like life wasted... until seeing that version.
  • Options
    SF II Mike really nails it he's has some killer effects going on-
  • Options
    Est1993Est1993 Posts: 14
    Obscured1 wrote:
    SF II Mike really nails it he's has some killer effects going on-

Really?! Aww man, I reeeally miss the cool effects he used on the '00 tour. I wish he would do more of that.
  • Options
    kinda tough to find a "tight" version. ed fucks up the lyrics almost every time.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I think this is easily the best live song off Pearl Jam and that is saying something. Gorge 1 and 2 seemed to be tight and good versions.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I loved Portland!!!
    #FHP
  • Options
    It sounds great on Gorge 1.
    Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
  • Options
    Out of the 8 times I saw it live this summer, St. Paul night 2 was the best and most intense ass-kicking version out of them all.

Not sure if that really translates on the boots however; but live...good lord it was a face-rocker.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    thought st. paul night one was great
    boston: 7/91, 8/92, 4/94, 9/98(x2), 8/00(x2), 7/03(x3), 9/04(x2), 5/06(x2).
    augusta: 9/96
    montreal: 9/05
    hartford: 5/06
    St. Paul: 6/06
    las vegas: 7/06
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    They're all just about the same.
  • Options
    They're all just about the same.

i agree, i just listened to 6 diff shows back to back. The song is on its first tour and they are just getting used to playing it, not to much difference from show to show.
    06/23/2006 - Best night of my life.
    See yins in pittsburgh 2007
    Rock on steelers!

www.myspace.com/nickpc
  • Options
    i would say that the best version (or my favorite) is from letterman. ive yet to hear a version as tight or as energetic as that one. it's weird too, usually i dont think their tv performances are that great.
  • Options
    Detroit and Santa Barbara are the best. Santa Barbara's entire bootleg has the best drums, which is the key ingredient to Life Wasted. ANything Pre-Detroit is not as good as Post-Detroit. MattCam was allowed to get more creative and....well....loud during the end-jam after Detroit.
  • Options
    kinda tough to find a "tight" version. ed fucks up the lyrics almost every time.

Since he wrote the song, I don't know how he could fuck up his own song. Just go with the flow!
    Eddie: "Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music."

Eddie: "There is a girl in the front and her shirt says 'F*CK ME EDDY'... well you'd have to spell my name right first."

Summerfest '95, Summerfest '06, BSB (1 & 2) '06, Wembley '07, Lollapalooza '07
  • Options
    ronyrony Posts: 212
    Santa Barbara are the best. Santa Barbara's entire bootleg has the best drums, which is the key ingredient to Life Wasted.

Agreed i love the way Wasted Reprise goes straight into Life wasted its the best version of it that i've heard